Group B - Bermuda v India

Re: Group B - Bermuda v India

All out for 156.

India win by 257 runs.

Hemp finishes unbeaten on 76!

A very much improved effort by Bermuda. So happy for Hemp, i was hoping he would get close to a century, but all in all, the Bermuda team played well, considering they were playing a top test team. Hope this gives them encouragement for their last match against Bangladesh. I'm hoping they will reach 200 in that game.

Now the battle really begins with Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka a real fight is that going to be.

Okay, India beat Bermuda 413-156.
Sri Lanka beat Bermuda 321-78.

Looks like Sri Lanka has the clear NRR advantage from the 2 Bermuda matches. So if we eventually wind up with a 3-way tie between SL, IND, and BAN, Sri Lanka should easily finish in the top 2, unless they get drilled by India by more than 100 runs.

so India has to go for an outright win against Sri Lanka to make the super 8's

Well they had to do that regardless.

The thing is, Bangladesh should have the opportunity to move into second place if they win big in their last match against Bermuda. Thanks to Sri Lanka's superior beating of Bermuda, they should be safe from Bangladesh, and India would be the team that Bangladesh could theoretically pass.

marlyminks;145942 said:
A very much improved effort by Bermuda. So happy for Hemp, i was hoping he would get close to a century, but all in all, the Bermuda team played well, considering they were playing a top test team. Hope this gives them encouragement for their last match against Bangladesh. I'm hoping they will reach 200 in that game.

Now the battle really begins with Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka a real fight is that going to be.

Surely you are kidding.

Ljp86;146018 said:
Surely you are kidding.

I kid you not :)
Compared to their previous games they have in my opinion. Come on they're playing against one of the best teams in the world, I think if they can score over 100 runs off of India that is an accomplishment by their standards. Like I said this is my opinion.

marlyminks;146104 said:
I kid you not :)
Compared to their previous games they have in my opinion. Come on they're playing against one of the best teams in the world, I think if they can score over 100 runs off of India that is an accomplishment by their standards. Like I said this is my opinion.

I think letting the opposition score over 400 off 50 overs is downright pathetic.

Ljp86;146158 said:
I think letting the opposition score over 400 off 50 overs is downright pathetic.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, and from your point of view it is. However there still are some positives to take from it. A lot of WC firsts were made.

Back