Group Stages Chat

Re: Group Stages Chat

Caesar;396716 said:
In T20? Not recently as far as I'm aware.

Yes T20.

Just wondering if they have played any teams in the Test rankings (or have been there at least) just to see their quality.

I understand they have done very well so far, but it is quite a step up. For me it's Bangladesh and Zimbabwe as the top two minnows.

Associates very rarely (if ever) play full member nations outside of these tournaments. Zimbabwe really are utter rubbish at the moment though. Bangladesh are a bit of a lucky dip.

Afghanistan look good, but their group will probably prevent them doing a Netherlands. Upsets generally rely on the opposition's batting order collapsing, and both their opponents are very strong in that department.

I thought Zimbabwe was of a reasonable quality this time round. Perhaps I was thinking wrong.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;398649 said:
Brett Lee has been ruled out of the World T20 after the loss to Zimbabwe in the warm up game after tearing a muscle in his forearm; a replacement will be sent for.

Bad news for Lee, it would appear his international career is now all but over in all forms of the game.

Australia call for Lee replacement - World Twenty20 - Fox Sports

He can't bowl fast for any length of time now. What a shame for him, he's really on the downhill slope now.

It's good to see that Michael Clarke is improving so much in twenty/20, what a fine choice he is to suck up ball after ball without actually scoring very much. :p

I am fascinated to see what the Afghans will throw up as we have 2 Afghan refugees at our club at the moment with loads of natural talent and had never bowled a ball before coming to England last year. I think the Windies could be better than most people thought, if Pollard, Gayle and Bravo can fire for them then i think they will progress in the tournament.

lewissaffin;398702 said:
So is that Zimbabwe 2-0 Australia now then? :D

Not really worried about that at this point. Players such as Christian and Smith won't be in the first choice XI and are merely getting match practice with the other guys being rested.

Ljp86;398766 said:
Not really worried about that at this point. Players such as Christian and Smith won't be in the first choice XI and are merely getting match practice with the other guys being rested.

Smith might get a run far sooner than you think, Hauritz has been pasted in 2 games now. And in this last one he was put to the sword by the Aussies.

Should hopefully be a decent contest tonight, good to see some cricket again after a bit of a break. I'll probably struggle to stay up much past midnight though..

20 runs needed from 12 balls when I last checked.

If Oram and Vettori are still there at the end, New Zealand will have the win.

The wickets are going to make this tournament very interesting. I like low scoring games with spin bowling playing a big part, a continual storm of sixes just gets so boring.

Though that won't play into our hands as our spin bowlers will probably be mince in this series.

Once again a sub continental country being let down by it's fielding.

If Sri Lanka held it's catches and took even half the run out oppurtunities they would have won.

Still backing them!

Good all round performance from Australia in their win over Pakistan.

Is anyone else getting pissed off by all the crap musical instruments being played in the background?

Sounds like another tournament to watch on mute :(

Games on the subcontinent and the West Indies are very annoying

Just wait til the World Cup next month. Those vuvazelas are going to make you wish you lived in a steel drum.

Back