India In Australia & One-day Tri Series (aus, Eng, Ind) 14/15

So with the three test happening atm. If I had foxtel. In Melbourne, we could start watching the NZ/SL test from 8:30am. Then alternate for a bit with the Test in Melbourne from 10:30. Then a 2 hour block spare between 5:30-7:30pm before SA/WI starts, which then finishes around 3pm. Good way to spend a day, if you can.

Last edited:
I just have the feeling that the Indians will struggle against us. Sure they have Kohli and dhoni but who else will step up for them?
Sure we could have held a couple of those catches but we didn't.

I don't know how confident India are with their bowling, but I think it'd even be worth declaring behind.

Is Kohli getting a double ton?

Don't worry SSmith. On past form, India will give you an opportunity to not only make 200, but 300 in Sydney!

Can Dhoni **** off as captain? Even I'm better than him. Not just me me, but even the me writing this post!

Dhoni gone with one of the most unconvincing innings I've ever seen.
Surely they must seriously think about giving the captaincy to Kohli and finding another keeper?

Seems to be bereft of ideas very quickly and it becomes a matter of the Australian batsman getting themselves out rather then the Indian bowlers getting them out. Case in point were the wickets of Johnson (stumped about halfway down the pitch), Harris (premeditated sweep shot), Lyon (bowled trying to smash the ball of the ground) and Smith (bowled trying to paddle the ball to fine leg). The problem is who replaces Dhoni if he isn't good enough for the team anymore? Kholi is the obvious choice as captain and Wriddhiman Saha and Naman Ohja would be the frontrunners but both of those players are already 30+.

In Dhoni's defence the pace attack is pretty average lead by the super dud Ishant Sharma.

He's actually not the worst batsman around when he gets his eye in,

Test batting average of over 20 now with three fifties from 36 innings. Not bad for a tailender, if you can even say Australia has a tail given the way they've batted so far in this series.

Great to have Bill back in the commentary box.

Yep, been good listening to him so far in this test. Have a feeling though we'll only hear him during games in Melbourne.

Minor setback. AuS still in the driver seat, if anything the Indians are playing for a draw!

I'd be surprised if there's a result from here. India aren't that far behind and with the pitch still looking pretty good you'd say that a draw is looking the favoured result at the moment.

Back