India In Australia & One-day Tri Series (aus, Eng, Ind) 14/15

It's been two good matches so far. I can't help but feel India should've done better.
They have played really well for all but a couple of key sessions. The talk was they would get destroyed but i see a team that is not far off a win here. Comparatively, in India we were diabolical. Our batsmen were not beaten by the variation of pitch, they were simply all at sea and looked like B grade country players. If we want to be top again we need to be competitive in the sub-continent.

On the food thing I'm surprised that the Indians don't have their own team chef or something travelling with them (like England?), it's not like they couldn't afford it.

Something I wanted to say at the time, but was nowhere near a computer, and forgot about it since.

I was listening early on of India's second innings, Drew Morphett an Trent Copeland commentating. Trent made a suggestion of what the Indian openers could do, but then questioned whether he should say anything due to him not being a batsman. Drew then chimes in with this, paraphrasing...

"Don't worry about it. I've said opinions on batsmen and bowlers and captains and teams for 40 years. And I never had any right to say any of it!"

LOL! Had me chuckling!

I went to the family day at the G yesterday. I went under the (wrong) thought I'd get to step onto the ground. I got sucked in. You tend to think the pavilion is some awesome,exclusive place to hang around. It was just a **** little box! I've been in better rooms playing local, lower grade cricket!

I was hanging around the fenced off area where the players where signing autographs. I could not recognise any Indian player under Ishant face to face "Is that really Ashwin? He's my favourite Indian player! I had nfi!" However tall you think Ishant is, he's taller than that.

Kid sitting of the shoulders of his dad (who looked about 8ft :eek:) is leaning over the crowd to get Johnson to sign his mini bat. Johnson just sees a bat and signs without thinking. He then looks up to see the kid and his dad, it drew a smile.

I didn't have the nerve to sledge Warner :(

Tonnes of Indians there. "Dhoni! Dhoni! Dhoni! Dhoni! Dhoni!" The guy looked like he'd much rather have an enema.

I made a mistake of going on a tour. I had done so before, but it was years ago. I wouldn't recommend going in a big group. You have to rush through and miss out on having a good look at stuff because there are so many people. I was a part of about 20. Half could speak English, 5 from Australia, and only me from a footy state, and the tour guide still crapped on about footy like anyone had an idea about it.

I've only been to Melbourne a couple of times and both trips there was nothing on at the MCG either in footy or cricket.. Since a mate has moved over there with his Vic missus should get organised for a visit and watch a Freo game or something next year.

What a late Christmas pressie for the anti-Australia camp. Warner gone for a duck! :D:cool:

Rohit Sharma deserves to be dropped. You can't open your mouth and get Johnson going, then back it up with donuts. Out you go...

India a good start so far, but Rogers and Watson starting to look good.

I'd say Australia is leading atm. India getting Warner for 0, then allowing Rogers/Watson a 100 partnership :oops::rolleyes:

It's building up to another good contest. One of the commentators (I forgot) was saying that he didn't think the Indian bowlers had the belief to knock over Australia for a low score. I think this is a fair observation.

Interesting to note that Michael Clarke is a more impartial commentator than most of the C9 ********s

Its a shame Ryan Harris body has let him down over the years, clearly the best Aus has had on offer. I rate him above Brett Lee. Sad as a fan of fastbowling to see Harris and Shane Bond of NZ to play so little test cricket over the last decade.

Don't worry SSmith. On past form, India will give you an opportunity to not only make 200, but 300 in Sydney!

Can Dhoni **** off as captain? Even I'm better than him. Not just me me, but even the me writing this post!

At 1/108. India, instead of chasing about 330 (like they should've), now have to get that much to avoid the follow on. Pathetic.

Back