Indoor Cricket - Tactics?

Re: Indoor Cricket - Tactics?

we had an interesting game last week.

We played the Tp of the League Sawbridgeworth, played 5 won 5 for them. They play about 5 divisions above us in The Herts League so they are very good cricketers in General.

We bowled first and they scored Freely for the first 7 overs untill we eventually found their weekness and pinned them down to scoring only a 144.

We chased hard, they bowled very tightly and very dificult to play! we needed 30 off the last two overs and crusied it with two balls to spare.

Cracking match, and lets just say that Sawbo's pre match arrogance in the dressing room certainly did not pay off for them!

I played last sunday, we played swan green, we bated first put on 160 off 12 overs then knocked em over for about 30, no threats yet every team so far has sucked.

Had another game last night, played Roydon Vaisey. they only put on 104. We chased them down with 4 overs to spare.

some poor little chap decided to try and stop a shot i punched through mid wicket with his ankle!

never mind ay!

Stumped are you talking about indoor cricket?

In Australia we play 16 overs regardless of the score...

errr Yes, carrying on from my previous posts in this thread about indoor cricket! :)

Biggie;281216 said:

Typical Poms they're so lazy they'll even shorten a 16 over game! :D

They shorten outdoor to 20-20: Next they'll come up with Indoor 4x4. 4 batsmen, 4 balls each, 4 on the fielding team! :p

Biggie;281216 said:

Six-a-side indoor is 12 overs. Eights are 16.

MV!;281442 said:
Six-a-side indoor is 12 overs. Eights are 16.

I've played six-a-side with 18 x 5-ball overs.

Don't like six-a-side. Rubbish if you're a bowler. ;)

LJP and Big Man where do you play in Perth? I've only ever played a couple of games at Bruce Reid's centre in Ballajura, pretty good fun. Would play again if I get back to the city. (one day..)

Kram81;292651 said:
LJP and Big Man where do you play in Perth? I've only ever played a couple of games at Bruce Reid's centre in Ballajura, pretty good fun. Would play again if I get back to the city. (one day..)

It's not a bad centre, could do with a bit of an upgrade though. Reid still has the skills too, comes off a few steps and is still pretty quick.

I've been playing since 1994, a veteran of the game now.

Hi,

I signed up as wanted to post in this forum that i found when searching the net. I play for sawbridgeworth and played against Ware in the game mentioned in the post below. Firstly, congratulations to ware on beating us this time but just wanted to know how you can claim we were arrogant in the changing room? Dont slag other clubs off. No need is there?

You and Hertford were the only teams to beat us this year and made it a must win final against Harlow. Which we won somehow. Anyway, all im saying is no need to bad mouth other clubs, especially when you were victorious!!!

indoorcc;318519 said:
Hi,

I signed up as wanted to post in this forum that i found when searching the net. I play for sawbridgeworth and played against Ware in the game mentioned in the post below. Firstly, congratulations to ware on beating us this time but just wanted to know how you can claim we were arrogant in the changing room? Dont slag other clubs off. No need is there?

You and Hertford were the only teams to beat us this year and made it a must win final against Harlow. Which we won somehow. Anyway, all im saying is no need to bad mouth other clubs, especially when you were victorious!!!

Indoorcc,

welcome to the board.

we really enjoyed the indoor league this year, especially as it was our first attempt.

I would like to point out i was not slagging anybody off, i was merely pointing out the fact that a couple of our players felt there was a certain arrogance about the side that Ware Played against. I cant remember exactly what was said, but along the lines off "were guaranteed these points tonight lets get home early"

But its by the by, i'm sure it was in "The Spirit of the Game" and like you say we won anyway.

we lacked experience to beat Harlow and Matching green otherwise it would have been more interesting.

It would be good to have some more Local Posters on Big cricket, i hope you stay and post!

Good luck for the coming season.

Yeah, well Matching Green and harlow were good, we had close games against both of them. Harlow restricted us to 104 in the final but it all just clicked for us in the field and we managed to bowl them out for under 80. good season and apparently they are going to split the league next year into 2. playing more games against each other. Should be good!

All the best with the season.

yea me and Karl were talking about it the other week. There will be a kind of Premier League or top division.

Ironically Our Ware B side will be in there and Ware A will be in the lower league.

Say hello to Will Jones for me, not seen him in a while......!

Sounds like you'll end up with a similar system to what we have in Cardiff. 2 divisions, 8 teams in each. Play all teams twice and a 2 up/2down promotion/relegation.

Works ok from my experience although as you say, you do get some 'B' teams in a higer league than the 'A' team.

yea oddly enough, our A team were mostly first teamers and very fit, our B team are miles stronger! :)

Back