Jonesy's Blog.

Jonesy

Jonesy's Blog.

It's a bit early to start a blog for this season I guess, the junior matches start mid october, but I'm just so bloody excited.

I just got a phone call from the captain/coach of the seniors. I though oh crap we must only have 1 u16 team this year and I've been cut. But then he said he'd been looking at the forms and he'd like me to come down to seniors training along with a few of the other guys from u16s. I'm so pumped! I dunno if I can make it, it starts at 9 and goes until 11 and then I have other cricket training from 12 to 1.30 but I'm so excited.

But facing seniors - CRAP!!!

Anyway... my other training has been going well. Bowling decent, batting well. I can absolutely belt the ball in the bowling machine when I'm doing drives, it feels so good. But the bad thing is I want to do it every ball when I'm facing people in the nets, which is bad. I still need to hit it later, I'm skying too many, although most of them wouldn't be catches, it's still not good.

Anyway, that's it from me for now, I should probably study for maths now, damn that call stuffed me up.

Re: Jonesy's Blog.

Facing seniors will help you. Might not happen straight away but once you feel confident at that level you'll find the under 16's a bit easier.

Yeah true.

I went today. The other 4 guys from u16s who are playing seniors this year couldn't make it so it was just me. We had an hour and 40 minutes of net work first up. I bowled alright I guess, I was a bit rusty. To one guy who was a middle order batsman he missed every ball I bowled to him. Too bad I didn't get his wicket but all well. To the others guys I bowled a few good balls but I was lacking consistency. When I batted I did pretty poorly I guess, but all well. Left most ball outside off and defended a few. Woulda got 2 runs out of it I guess, lol. Then we did 20 minutes of fielding which was good. I thought I would of been a bit rustier than I was but yeah.

Got training again next Tuesday and Thursday and I think a few more u16s will be there.

I played with the seniors last year for my club and it definately helped my confidence with my batting and it taught me to be patient with my batting. which has helped me a lot. You will only get better and playing with better players will also help.

Yeah, the U/17's (my team) train with the adults. Should be good as they seem like a pretty strong team and committed. The only problem is when they wan't to play 'shirts' vs 'skins' rugby, not nice.

Had seniors training again tonight. There were more people there this time. It was really good. First we went for a run in the carpark and that was fkn cold! Argghhh. We went in and I had to pad up first along with a few other. I batted OK, I didn't get enough quick single but I did alright - I don't think I got out and I did much better then on Saturday. Although I wasn't facing the fastest guys it didn't seem too quick at all which is good.

Bowling wise I did OK until a lefty came in. Then I bowled really, really well. I got heaps of inswing to him and first ball left it and it almost went on to his stumps. 1 ball went just over the top of his stumps and I would of got a few out caught.

All in all I'm really happy with my performance today.

i'm ever so slightly jealous that your season is about to start! mine has just finished!

Suck it :p

Think of the pain all of us in the Southern Hemisphere were going through when we had to read about all your cricketing adventures. Its pay back time

Training was good tonight. Hit two monster cover drives. I still have to work on waiting for the ball, especially with spinners, because I'm skying them too much. Bowling wise I did OK. Got 1 guy who's about my level out caught behind and caught once, but otherwise no wickets but I bowled pretty tight. I'm comfortable facing the quicks now, it doesn't trouble me much at all now, I think I've got used to it. As for scoring runs off them, that another matter :p

We have a practice match on Sunday and the season starts next Saturday. Can't wait. Practice match is on synthetic though, but all well.

Had the first match today. Pretty different experience to what I'm used to. We bowled first and I was asked to open the bowling, I was pretty shocked. My first spell went for 5 overs (max spell for my age). Overall I got 1/19 off 8 overs (max). My wicket came when the opener smashed me straight down the ground for 4, next ball I got a bit of movement and I bowled it a tad shorted and he hit it straight to mid off. I had a lot of trouble with no balls, I need to work that out. They ended up getting 10/123 of most of their 40 overs.

Batting, we got off to a really steady start. We had only lost 1 wicket in a bit over 20 overs, but we were going pretty slow. From then on we did really well. We ended up winning in the last over. I was next in and so I was bloody happy I didn't have to win the match.

So yeah, it was a great day.

Great stuff mate, gun bowling figures. Also congrats on the win, always nice to start the season off with a win.

My season starts in approximately 10 hours and 55 minutes...

Congratz Joneys, And as for seniors, Ive found it much better for me as with our 17s div 1 team being guns, I dont get much of a go in juniors, but in seniors I'm relied on alot more with the bat and ball. Ive also found its made me more patient with batting, and made me be able to bowl to taller batsmen now and Ive started with a ripper.

Most of all, it helps you with the awkward bounce they get:p

But congratz, and I hope all goes well for you for the season.

Thanks mate.

On Friday night played juniors and bowled absolute rubbish. First ball of the bloody season was a wide, same with the second one. The ball swung way too much so I had to bowl cross seam. I've also discovered that I hate synthetic pitches.

For seniors today I opened the bowling. Got 1 wicket in the first spell, bowled him between his bat and his pad. Then in the second spell this guy who had been in for ages got a sore back so he decided just to slog it, I got him dropped at deepish mid off but then next over I got him LBW. Then I got someone else caught. Bowled 12 over - the max. We bowled them out for 167 off 60 overs (80 overs a side game) so we get like 100 overs. We were 3/76 or something at stumps. Bloody deaf umpire gave our opener out to the worst caught behind decision. He gave it not out, then the bowler said something to him (he can lip read) and he gave it out, like a minute later And I mean literally deaf, he can't hear. We got one that hit guys pads and It was given caught behind. . Like it was so obvious it wasn't off the bat. He really shouldn't be umpiring.

Hard luck mate, always next week hey? Good thing you pulled it back in the seniors match. 3 wickets is a bloody good show, especially after your first ball of the season was a wide! Should be easy to knock off the remaining runs, and get the seniors season off to a good start

Oh, whats the FIA?

Already got seniors of to a good start - we won last week :p

Thanks mate, yeah we need less the 1 an over or something.

FIA = Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. Guess you don't follow F1? Hamilton was penalised for nothing and yeah. CBF changing it.

Has your season started yet?

Back