Jonesy's Blog.

Re: Jonesy's Blog.

A quick update -

We had another win in the 4ths. It was a 2 dayer at our home ground, which was really flat for the first week and still pretty flat for the 2nd week. We lost the toss and had to field first. I opened the bowling again (bloody hell) and picked up 1/44 off 16 overs. The figures don't really show the real story. The ground is in pretty bad shape so if the ball goes through the infield you've basically got 4 or close to it. It was funny because the team we were playing was the team I played for in Hatch, so I knew 5 players on their team, 3 being guys I played with and 2 being coaches. I got one of the coaches out, caught behind and one of the guys I played with I almost got the edge a few times, and a caught and bowled just went over my head. So yeah, they ended up making 9/271.

We came back lathe next week to do win it with no real dramas. Our number 4 got 113* and an opener got 44 so we did it with 5 overs to spare or something, with 5 wickets in hand. We sang the song for just the second time this season.

Juniors got rescheduled because of the heat, so now we have to play Friday (juniors), Saturday (Seniors, Saturday Night (T20 Juniors intra club match) and Sunday (Juniors). I can't wait to make some runs in Juniors. That's all I wanna do ATM, weird.

breeno;320228 said:
You looking at going to District soon mate? Top effort in the win.

Ahh, no way. No way that I'm good enough. I bowl mediums, just not threatening enough, so yeah.

What about you?

Jonesy;321048 said:
Ahh, no way. No way that I'm good enough. I bowl mediums, just not threatening enough, so yeah.

What about you?

If you play hatch you should be good enough, Northcote take anyone regardless of the skill. And yeah I probably will be going, just for the experience.

breeno;321076 said:
If you play hatch you should be good enough, Northcote take anyone regardless of the skill. And yeah I probably will be going, just for the experience.

Lol, I played in an 0 and 6 team, where most of the players can play again next year. Can't say we were the best standard :p

Ah right, Northcote is a bit too far out for me, and I heard from a few people that district 3s and 4s aren't anything special. That's my excuse anyway :p

2/44 off 8 (short ground, basically if it's passed the infield it's 4). That puts me in the lead for most wickets for the team this season. Woohoo.

Bowled a cracker ball, yorker that took out middle stump in the last 5 overs. It felt great. Only 1 junior game and 2 senior games left in the season, it's gone too quick.

Top stuff mate, 1 senior game left for us before finals, next week is finals for our juniors.

Thanks V.

This week in juniors I was on a hattrick in my second over (3rd over of the match), ended up getting 3/12 off 8 (should of been 4/9 but two fielders collided going for a catch). In seniors I got 3/18 off 8. I've only got one more chance to bowl this season so I'm finishing pretty well.

We had a massive day! We played a guy who, I swear is has the worst sportsman ship I've ever seen. TBH he should be reported and suspended, but I think our captain is too nice to do that.

We played same bogan team as last week, except we were batting today. I went square leg for the first bit, as usual. There was an appeal where our opener dived for the crease, I called it not out (it may have been out but the dive was massive, really hard to call, guys on the boundary said it was 50-50). The guy who threw it then yelled "WHAT!?!?! THAT'S OUT. WHAT THE ****. ARE YOU ****ING ME? THAT'S OUT. I just stood there lol, I'm a 15 year old kid, and it's 4ths, the guy shouldn't be yelling at me like that. Then the other opener got out, the new batsman first ball got dropped, the bowler (the same one who told me last week to keep it to enthusiasm) went down the pitch and told the batsman (same age as me), "YOU'RE ****". The batsman then went on to absolutely bash that bowler all round the park, and made 70.

Every decision the guy argued with. One time the ball went to the boundary, went like 2 metres onto the gravel, and he said it wasn't four. There was also a wide off his bowling and he was arguing and a parent on our team yelled "go have a cry". Ahahaha.

The day went on, we need like 22 to win when I came in, 8 down. With 20 to get the batsman got out. Me and the number 11 were in, needing 20 with like 13 overs to go. We went through a lot of maidens, just getting the odd 2. Then I edged one, the keeper dropped it, then the slip dropped it, and it went for four. I was dropped another time at silly mid off, although it was a hard catch. With 7 balls left, needing 1 run to win, they appealed for caught behind that got no where near the bat, the ump was just like "what for?".

The last over the ball kept really low, there were 3 dots and I was soooo nervous. 4th ball actually bounced a bit and I hit an off drive for 4.

Yeeeeehaaaaa.

I got 16, and even thought the first 12 weren't very convincing, but all wells, I had a really bad cold ha. The pitch was so bad, there was a massive hole where're you're supposed to stand to face up.

That guy was an absolute dick head, his own team were telling him to shut up, but TBH the captain needed to take charge of him. At one point he was setting the field, disregarding everything the captain said...

Yeah it felt great, and what made it feel even better was beating that **************.

I still can't believe we won that match!

That's great Jonesy. There are always going to be idiots who take the game waaaay too seriously; I had to put up with a whole load of mouthy idiots in one game last season when I was umpiring.

It feels great when the opposition gets on your back and you lead your team to victory like that. Same thing happened to me a couple of seasons ago when I was batting with not many wickets left and the whole opposition were getting on my back because of an arguement over the score in their innings. They were just giving me abuse and throwing the ball at me needlessly when I was in my crease but I scored a crucial 22* to edge us home. All the abuse does is fire you up and make you more determined to suceed so really they are not helping themselves.

well done, tools like that shouldnt be playing a gentlemans game, i dont know what the captain was thinking, W.A.P, if i heard a senior player talking to junior like that on a team i played in i would be having a word to him.

Yeah, that day we only had 2 guys over 18, and 2 of the older guys who would usually play for us would of given that guy the biggest spray, but unfortunately they weren't playing.

We ended up missing the finals by 1 game, which is a great achievement for such a young team (the average age for some games would have to be about 16). In the final match we set 100 on a wet and slow pitch. The bowl would basically pop up but in a fashion it was hard to bat on. I got promoted to 7 and made just 1, got caught after playing the ball 10 minutes too early.

I bowled pretty well IMO, got a plumb LBW and caught behind turned down (one of the older guys I was talking about before was back, so the ump got a earful). I didn't get a wicket, but I took a pretty cool catch at short fine leg, the guy pulled it straight at me.

I finished the season with the most wickets. I'm pretty happy with this season considering it was my first on turf and first playing in the seniors against guys who have been playing longer than I've been alive. I felt I learned a hell of a lot, especially during the hatch carnival. In that I realised the spots I have to pitch it for me to be most effective, and ever since my spell where I got the guy who plays at the 2nds at my own club dropped at slip, I feel like I know what I have to do know. My batting has come along way now, to a point where I feel I can score some decent runs in juniors, and if given the opportunity to bat next season (FFS, I batted once in the top 7 this year, and I'm not that bad! The time I did get to open I top scored for the team!) I feel I can make a good contribution.

Next season should be a cracker.

Back