MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

I totally agree, they were terrible when we played them!
TANKING? :p
How would Sunshine go anyway?
Would struggle i would imagine, its a big step if successful?

jontyfromsa;357489 said:
Why do Easts have to AGREE to go down to B Turf. They should have to!!
It was a disgrace the number of quality, experienced cricketers playing in their B turf team. I played them in the B Turf finals and they would have thrashed their A turf team which was full of kids.
If they chose to load up their B Turf team to try and win a flag and then finished bottom of A Turf I say bad luck and relegate them

So you push their A Turf to B Turf, their B Turf to C Turf, and where do their C Turf go?

LOL maybe they can field 2 sides in B Turf....nah look I get that it may not be feasible from a sheer logistic point of view.
I just dont think its right when your B turf team would beat your A turf team and I played against both sides this year, and trust me B turf East Coburg would beat their 1s, no doubt

Reggie Jackson;357497 said:
I totally agree, they were terrible when we played them!
TANKING? :p
How would Sunshine go anyway?
Would struggle i would imagine, its a big step if successful?

Played against Sunshine 3 years ago in the VTCA and I think we beat them outright by about tea time on the second day after batting 75 of 80 overs, pretty ordinary really and I don't think their side has changed much

4e614;356732 said:
No in fighting Roo, parted ways. Hopefully this is the end of it.

i assume you left with a sour taste in your mouth!

many rumours on the mills about trouble at pacco, in years gone by when I played against them, they were always competitive and well run......but times change i guess.

Guru14;357590 said:
Played against Sunshine 3 years ago in the VTCA and I think we beat them outright by about tea time on the second day after batting 75 of 80 overs, pretty ordinary really and I don't think their side has changed much

gee you have tickets on yourself Guru! merlo didnt even make the four last season and you make statements like that about Sunshine YCW!!

I agree our (Easts) A turf team was rubbish and we did play alot of younger guys once the season was over. I beleive we should be relagated to B turf and our thirds (C turf) give up their spot to another club looking to play turf.

I dont agree cos we have 3 turf teams that prevents us from relagation. Many at my club wont like me saying this, but sometimes you have to bottom out, play b turf and fight to get back in A turf. Perfect examples over recent years .....St marys, Pacco, West Coburg and Glenroy. All won B turf grand finals to get back in A turf after either being relagated or starting in B turf.

Haig should do the same. A turf should only be 10 teams.

As a 33 yo I have played in some local cricket comps from the old FCA (Footscray Cricket Association) back in the 80s & early 90s, to the more recent Williamstown Cricket Associatoin & the VTCA.....blah ....blah...blah

Wake up call... Some of the teams in our A Turf Comp carry themsleves & play like B Turf teams to be fair & perhaps even more suitable to A Matting type cricket.

I'd love to hear from anyone in this forum who thinks otherwise. Particularly those who have come from the other comps over recent years.

Butterfingers;357781 said:
As a 33 yo I have played in some local cricket comps from the old FCA (Footscray Cricket Association) back in the 80s & early 90s, to the more recent Williamstown Cricket Associatoin & the VTCA.....blah ....blah...blah

Wake up call... Some of the teams in our A Turf Comp carry themsleves & play like B Turf teams to be fair & perhaps even more suitable to A Matting type cricket.

I'd love to hear from anyone in this forum who thinks otherwise. Particularly those who have come from the other comps over recent years.

I played VTCA north A1 and A2 for about ten years and no doubt its a better comp, but, I dont think anyone is saying otherwise in here. Everyone knows its not a worldbeaters comp. The bowling in the better sides is easily as good as North A in my opinion, but, the batting techniques in MMVCA are less technically correct and most teams have 2-3 cricketers who probably arent good enough to be turf cricketeres.
the other thing that makes it hard to compare are the state of the MMVCA pitches which, lets be honest are ordinary. The VTCA pitches are much much better and that makes a huge difference.

Unfortunately our pitches are rubbish due to the reliance on council to prepare them.

jontyfromsa;357859 said:
I played VTCA north A1 and A2 for about ten years and no doubt its a better comp, but, I dont think anyone is saying otherwise in here. Everyone knows its not a worldbeaters comp. The bowling in the better sides is easily as good as North A in my opinion, but, the batting techniques in MMVCA are less technically correct and most teams have 2-3 cricketers who probably arent good enough to be turf cricketeres.
the other thing that makes it hard to compare are the state of the MMVCA pitches which, lets be honest are ordinary. The VTCA pitches are much much better and that makes a huge difference.

RooBoy;357712 said:
gee you have tickets on yourself Guru! merlo didnt even make the four last season and you make statements like that about Sunshine YCW!!
I agree our (Easts) A turf team was rubbish and we did play alot of younger guys once the season was over. I beleive we should be relagated to B turf and our thirds (C turf) give up their spot to another club looking to play turf.

I dont agree cos we have 3 turf teams that prevents us from relagation. Many at my club wont like me saying this, but sometimes you have to bottom out, play b turf and fight to get back in A turf. Perfect examples over recent years .....St marys, Pacco, West Coburg and Glenroy. All won B turf grand finals to get back in A turf after either being relagated or starting in B turf.

RooBoy you make me laugh

RooBoy;357712 said:

Refreshing attitude rooboy, and you're correct. At West Coburg it was the best thing that ever happened at our club being relegated to B turf.
It would be good for a club like East Coburg because the younger players could be played in the 1s and gain valuable winning experience instead of being pumped every week.

interested to take on board some peoples comments regading the sunshine ycw cricket club, some people may see us as an ordinary team/club but take this in to consideration not so long ago the club was on its knees and in danger of folding.Now due to some very hard work from people with the best interest of the club at heart the club went out in search of a proven coach and got him now with basically only one new player to our first eleven last season we went from a club that was down and out in B grade to playing off in a b turf grand final, which we drew (9 times out of 10 you expect a result in a grand final but due to circumstance we didnt get a result).Its also fair to say we were the best b turf side in the comp last year i think stats for the year show that in many forms.Now im not sure what is happening yet if we are coming up to A turf but take this on board if we do come up we will make a name for ourselfs and surprise a fair few people cheers

ycw cricketer;358161 said:
interested to take on board some peoples comments regading the sunshine ycw cricket club, some people may see us as an ordinary team/club but take this in to consideration not so long ago the club was on its knees and in danger of folding.Now due to some very hard work from people with the best interest of the club at heart the club went out in search of a proven coach and got him now with basically only one new player to our first eleven last season we went from a club that was down and out in B grade to playing off in a b turf grand final, which we drew (9 times out of 10 you expect a result in a grand final but due to circumstance we didnt get a result).Its also fair to say we were the best b turf side in the comp last year i think stats for the year show that in many forms.Now im not sure what is happening yet if we are coming up to A turf but take this on board if we do come up we will make a name for ourselfs and surprise a fair few people cheers

When I made my comments about YCW I can confirm their club had been smashed by exiting players etc. I never would doubt there willingness to try and play at the highest level available in our comp, good luck to them if they can play A turf. Not that many years ago they were playing a pretty tough standard of cricket and were making a pretty good account of themselves. I hope they can move up the grades eventually and hopefully they can pick up a couple of cricketers along the way in a very tough area of Melbourne to pick up budding young cricketers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back