Money Shield 2013/2014

Why are you so upset at him, we all know he bowls pies, but did one of these pies get you out, or did he give you a send off?

Or wait, don't tell me he actually made runs against you???

Has he ever made runs? In the 4 games i have played against him he has never got me out. he acts like a tool every game i have seen him in and talks himself up more than anyone i know. I have it on very good authority that he has very little respect at borough.

Has he ever made runs? In the 4 games i have played against him he has never got me out. he acts like a tool every game i have seen him in and talks himself up more than anyone i know. I have it on very good authority that he has very little respect at borough.
Who do you play for Henderson? As much of a tool the bloke is to say he has little respect might be going a bit too far. Considering they appointed him assistant coach,the amount of work he does with there juniors? Of course he wouldn't of made runs as he is in the side as a bowler

You are spot on, he is a flog. Not sure about your last comment about respect though, i wouldn't know.

Did you smash him all over the park this year?, I hear he cracks the sh!ts if that happens :)

I said if they win 2/3 IMO it will put them in good stead come finals( this week didn't fall in that bracket, barring a miracle).
Yes they have a tough draw in the second half of the year, but my main point is if Eltham are a good team they will use the next 2 months as an excellent opportunity to beat some good teams, go against the odds and hit the finals full steam ahead with nothing but confidence. Adversely they could simply use the tough post Xmas draw as an excuse and concede and go around again for another season. Time will tell...

As each day goes on this week i'm tipping every team chasing is liking their chances, the grounds will be LIGHTNING on Saturday

I agree with that summation, very well put.

So out of interest, who are you now tipping this round, with the weather in mind?

I said if they win 2/3 IMO it will put them in good stead come finals( this week didn't fall in that bracket, barring a miracle).
Yes they have a tough draw in the second half of the year, but my main point is if Eltham are a good team they will use the next 2 months as an excellent opportunity to beat some good teams, go against the odds and hit the finals full steam ahead with nothing but confidence. Adversely they could simply use the tough post Xmas draw as an excuse and concede and go around again for another season. Time will tell...

As each day goes on this week i'm tipping every team chasing is liking their chances, the grounds will be LIGHTNING on Saturday

Maybe, maybe not.
The councils will be pumping water into the grounds this week. With all the sun & extra water, the grass will grow...
42+ degrees Thursday / Friday - cant see the mower man working too much... ???

Maybe, maybe not.
The councils will be pumping water into the grounds this week. With all the sun & extra water, the grass will grow...
42+ degrees Thursday / Friday - cant see the mower man working too much... ???
Some grounds will be too far gone already to grow too so some teams may be lucky other teams not so lucky .

I play with a guy who I suspect every other team in the comp hates. Arrogant, white line fever. Mouths off at opposition players.. I love playing with him.

When you play on the same side as guys like that, I think you tend to like them. They fire you up and get you into the contest against the opposition sides.

GB from the outside seem a pretty tight side, lots of guys within a few years of each other, I suspect you're just stirring the pot.

Minney and Gibbs could take that bowling attack apart. But provided they don't bowl too straight or short at Minney it's going to be a huge chase.

I play with a guy who I suspect every other team in the comp hates. Arrogant, white line fever. Mouths off at opposition players.. I love playing with him.

When you play on the same side as guys like that, I think you tend to like them. They fire you up and get you into the contest against the opposition sides.

GB from the outside seem a pretty tight side, lots of guys within a few years of each other, I suspect you're just stirring the pot.

Minney and Gibbs could take that bowling attack apart. But provided they don't bowl too straight or short at Minney it's going to be a huge chase.

Really good post. I played with Johnny Bubis for a number of years, and as most would say, he can carry on a bit on the ground and be a smart a..... at times. But every club he has been at will tell you,and I will tell you that he is one of the best club people I have played with, and would happily have him back any day of the week. But hate to play against him. Although we've had a few laughs.

Very often, the way people are on the field is very different to who they are on the field.

I am under no illusion that chasing 294 is a tough ask, no matter the ground or opposition. But unless you're walking on to the ground each week thinking that you can win from any position, why are you even playing? You've already lost.

We have a good batting line up that if we all play to our ability, and do the right things I know that we can get the runs. Like wise, Greensborough are rightfully thinking the same about their bowlers. Thats why it was always goinig to be a good tough game.

Really good post. I played with Johnny Bubis for a number of years, and as most would say, he can carry on a bit on the ground and be a smart a..... at times. But every club he has been at will tell you,and I will tell you that he is one of the best club people I have played with, and would happily have him back any day of the week. But hate to play against him. Although we've had a few laughs.

Very often, the way people are on the field is very different to who they are on the field.

I am under no illusion that chasing 294 is a tough ask, no matter the ground or opposition. But unless you're walking on to the ground each week thinking that you can win from any position, why are you even playing? You've already lost.

We have a good batting line up that if we all play to our ability, and do the right things I know that we can get the runs. Like wise, Greensborough are rightfully thinking the same about their bowlers. Thats why it was always goinig to be a good tough game.
You can't bring Bubis into an argument at all, he is an absolute disgrace. The bloke has been sighted or reported more times than you've had hot dinners. He was a great cricketer, but that's as far as it'll ever go with someone like him. The last 3 times playing against him, he's gone out of his way to be racist, to threaten players after a game and even once had a crack at a players partner. Yeah he's a real class act that bloke

You can't bring Bubis into an argument at all, he is an absolute disgrace. The bloke has been sighted or reported more times than you've had hot dinners. He was a great cricketer, but that's as far as it'll ever go with someone like him. The last 3 times playing against him, he's gone out of his way to be racist, to threaten players after a game and even once had a crack at a players partner. Yeah he's a real class act that bloke

Exhibit A.

A bloke who's never played with him, who has the completely wrong impression of a bloke.

Exhibit A.

A bloke who's never played with him, who has the completely wrong impression of a bloke.

How can you say that he has the wrong impression, when that is the way he presents himself towards the opposition? Maybe he doesn't know him off the field, but does that mean that what Bubis has done on the field is acceptable, because he's a great team player, or great bloke?

Fulltoss has actually listed specific examples, which do not surprise me at all, and all you say is he has the wrong impression, like alluding to the fact that it is somehow okay, because he doesn't know him off the field.

Just because you say you'd love to have him back, I'm sure there would be others who would disagree, and despise what he has said on the field.

Bubis is a quality player, an exceptional keeper back in his day, and may well be a great club person, but that doesn't give him the right to carry on the way he has done in the past. Some of his antics were disgraceful, and under no circumstances would I ever respect him, or ever play under him. There is a line, that players should not cross, and he has done that numerous times.

If those behaviours actually occurred, surely playing with him has very little to do with the argument?

Your first word is the most accurate. IF.

I'd suggest that if the above did actually occur, he would have been reported/suspended. Yet have not known him to ever be suspended. I'd suggest there's a little mayo on the above comments.

Either way, the point was the people see one side of people on the field, but off field, people are very very different.

Your first word is the most accurate. IF.

I'd suggest that if the above did actually occur, he would have been reported/suspended. Yet have not known him to ever be suspended. I'd suggest there's a little mayo on the above comments.

Either way, the point was the people see one side of people on the field, but off field, people are very very different.

Whilst I agree it is a very very big IF and unlikely to have happened, I don't believe the below is a great response to those allegations.

Also, I think you're less naive than to think untoward things like that get reported more often than not...

Exhibit A.

Whilst I agree it is a very very big IF and unlikely to have happened, I don't believe the below is a great response to those allegations.

Also, I think you're less naive than to think untoward things like that get reported more often than not...
Clearly you have rocks in your head! The latest example was the GF OPSF had against LP 2 years ago. He was involved in an altercation along with a couple other players from the side he is meant to be captaining. Yet Bubis was the guy who started it! How can he be a great bloke or club man etc... When you ask any person that has played against him or even with him for that fact, he has very little if not any respect for anyone but himself!

I'm guessing that was aimed at Tongs, but if it wasn't. I wasn't at that game nor had heard of it until right now, I don't need to make character assessments of people on here and am not interested in doing so to be honest, I'd prefer we talked about actual cricket... This current game is the second time I have played against him so really dunno much of him.

Clearly you have rocks in your head! The latest example was the GF OPSF had against LP 2 years ago. He was involved in an altercation along with a couple other players from the side he is meant to be captaining. Yet Bubis was the guy who started it! How can he be a great bloke or club man etc... When you ask any person that has played against him or even with him for that fact, he has very little if not any respect for anyone but himself!

I'm guessing that was aimed at Tongs, but if it wasn't. I wasn't at that game nor had heard of it until right now, I don't need to make character assessments of people on here and am not interested in doing so to be honest, I'd prefer we talked about actual cricket... This current game is the second time I have played against him so really dunno much of him.
Was in reference to tongs, not you opener 2. I agree let's put this to bed and focus on the cricket.

Sounds like sour grapes from a couple of Greensborough boys who lost to OPSF in the semi the game before the above mentioned game, and had it rubbed in a little.

But yep, move on because it's not right you two are happy to slag a bloke off like you are.

Back