Money Shield 2013/2014

Sounds like sour grapes from a couple of Greensborough boys who lost to OPSF in the semi the game before the above mentioned game, and had it rubbed in a little.

But yep, move on because it's not right you two are happy to slag a bloke off like you are.

Tongs, I assume you are lumping me into your assertion, so I am going to respond for you, and hope that we’ll move on from this issue.

I’m going to lay it out for you, I do go down and have seen a few Greensborough games this season, but that is as far as my relationship goes with them. I know some of the guys down there, and they can be a bit arrogant at times with how they play, but they have nothing on the bravado that you portray on this forum.

There have been numerous other people slagged off on this forum, one Dylan Cunningham for example, who I have bagged as well, and told him that I did so. Why have you not asked this to stop earlier? Is it because you don’t know him like you know Bubis? He isn’t a great clubman like Bubis? Or is it because you don’t like the allegations he used?

No one would like to be connected with those allegations, and I agree we should move on, but I don’t like the hypocrisy shown by yourself, where you, as a moderator can just jump in whenever you like, even if you did it unintentionally.

That is all I want to say on the issue, now to move onto the Greensborough v Eltham game which involves your side.

Again it is great that you support your side so much publicly, and have backed them to get the runs, but I’ll ask you this, when was the last time you saw Greensborough play?

They have a very good bowling lineup, and no side has made more than 180 against them all season, what makes you think this will change this week?

Is it due to the names on paper in your batting lineup? What did they make last season they played Boro?

Oh I forgot, some key inclusions are in the side this year, so that must mean that you’d be able to chase 200 against Banyule right, let alone 294?

I’m only firing you up Tongs, show some passion and lay into the guys, come out and say your guys are gonna smash em ;)

Nugglers, i think you've taken my posts the completely wrong way. If you actually look as to why i brought Bubis up, it was in defence of Cunningham. I said that people judge someone based on what they see on the ground, and we know that there are a number of players who get whiteline fever, and to not completely pot someone based on what you see on the ground.

There are posters on here that would say I too have suffered from that in the past. People may say that Cunningham might be a goose on the ground (I don't know, personally) but what you see on the ground is not what a person is like off the ground, and gave an example. One that FullToss and yourself obviously took exception to.

I wasn't the person who said we should move on to try to defend someone I know, and didn't when Cunningham was being sledged, because i pick and choose my battles. If you have a look, it was Opener2, and I agreed.

Nugglers, i think you've taken my posts the completely wrong way. If you actually look as to why i brought Bubis up, it was in defence of Cunningham. I said that people judge someone based on what they see on the ground, and we know that there are a number of players who get whiteline fever, and to not completely pot someone based on what you see on the ground.

There are posters on here that would say I too have suffered from that in the past. People may say that Cunningham might be a goose on the ground (I don't know, personally) but what you see on the ground is not what a person is like off the ground, and gave an example. One that FullToss and yourself obviously took exception to.

I wasn't the person who said we should move on to try to defend someone I know, and didn't when Cunningham was being sledged, because i pick and choose my battles. If you have a look, it was Opener2, and I agreed.

My theory is simple - if you're a dickhead on the ground, then you're a dickhead off the ground.

Maybe, maybe not.
The councils will be pumping water into the grounds this week. With all the sun & extra water, the grass will grow...
42+ degrees Thursday / Friday - cant see the mower man working too much... ???

The councils' won't water the grounds this week. They'll wait until the grass is dead and then water them.

Lower, Greensy, Lalor, South Morang (stupid declaration) BU and Hberg

And now back to the cricket.
Hindsight in any form of life is a wonderful thing.
I don't think that the Camrea declaration was at all stupid, they were sent in by Morang and could have made 400+ and settled for the 6 points. Looks like they looked at the ladder and thought that the only way of finals action was to go for 10 points against a side that has not won a game this year, and to do that batting first, you must attack and declare.
Good thought process.
Unfortunately, it didn't come off, but I still think that they will win, however, if Morang can get up and win, the pressure will start to come on to Banyule, Hurstbridge and Mont (all 3 will be praying for a Morang collapse)
Some huge run chases this weekend, with Mont and Eltham chasing on huge grounds, and Banyule at Loyola.
With Stars looking at 10 points, the top two could certainly be settled by Saturday night.

And now back to the cricket.
Hindsight in any form of life is a wonderful thing.
I don't think that the Camrea declaration was at all stupid, they were sent in by Morang and could have made 400+ and settled for the 6 points. Looks like they looked at the ladder and thought that the only way of finals action was to go for 10 points against a side that has not won a game this year, and to do that batting first, you must attack and declare.
Good thought process.
Unfortunately, it didn't come off, but I still think that they will win, however, if Morang can get up and win, the pressure will start to come on to Banyule, Hurstbridge and Mont (all 3 will be praying for a Morang collapse)
Some huge run chases this weekend, with Mont and Eltham chasing on huge grounds, and Banyule at Loyola.
With Stars looking at 10 points, the top two could certainly be settled by Saturday night.
Backing Banyule in to chase the runs down on the postage stamp/baseball field you call a cricket ground Flacky

Montanna,

Firstly you uneducated moron, Greensborough did not move comps due to "underachievement". If you look at where the HDCA is now, I believe that would answer your ridiculous assertion.
Greensborough did in fact lose a few Semi Finals before moving across, but if you'd like to get specific, they didn't even make the finals in their final year in the HDCA.
Clearly you have a Vendetta against Greensborough or have nothing better to do in your pitiful small life, as why would you bother commenting about their website when it is under construction.
Your comment about the 90's is completely laughable, as that was at least 13 yrs ago. 80% of the A grade side would have been Under 12's back then, so how does that have any relevance at all to the Money Shield Thread?
If you are going to accuse a current day side of cheating, which you insinuated, by comparing them to supposedly what happened in the 90's, you better have evidence to back it up.
So please do everyone a favour and name how the Current Greensborough side are cheats.

TLDR

pq6AcqD.jpg

Interesting that you chose to defend the cheats and not the big heads and chokers. How's that website going? Looks to be running ok to me.

And they wager shall be?? And not sure that we need to use names, as it could become quite embarrassing for you.
Wasn't referring to you being flacky was just simply saying his name. What wager would you like to have on this? Within reason.

Can't become embarrassing for me, as I have nothing to lose. I feed on this kind of banter and niggling

Interesting that you accused a team of being cheats and then not back it up with a single bit of evidence.

Ok, I will address your attempt at deflection. If you read my original post carefully it refers to Greensborough as a club and its history of failure which in my opinion stems from poor leadership. At the end of the post I commented that not much had changed and from that you have drawn the very long bow that I am calling the current team cheats. Of course being a now non player, I couldn't possibly know that so I used the words "not much". I hope that makes it clearer for you.

You could perhaps use your obvious passion to help the club stop making the same mistakes over and over.

Things like not hiring people that are socially awkward and/or outsiders to captain coach your cricket club such as Kelsey, Butera, Pavey, Bowers, Butera again would be a good start.

Things like not bringing in imports to a group that is clearly loaded with young talent. Just to refresh the memory, three played last year, one went home halfway through the year, one of the other two was going to be unavailable for the reserve weekend of the GF in what was a rain affected game. Obviously disruptive given the result. This year undefeated, positioning for finals everything going well, lets bring in another import. That will make the guy who misses out and his teammates happy, great idea, again repeating the pattern of failure.

And by the way how could I hate a club that bring me so much happiness and certainty every March
images

Wasn't referring to you being flacky was just simply saying his name. What wager would you like to have on this? Within reason.

Can't become embarrassing for me, as I have nothing to lose. I feed on this kind of banter and niggling

You are the one that said you would be backing Banyule - now I would like to know, what would you be backing it with?

Backing (tipping) Banyule to get the runs. Never said anything about a wager. More of a tongue in cheek comment hoping BU get rolled

Fair enough.
Just a general hatred for BU, or is it more a deep seated belief that you don't want us to finish 4th and play you blokes in a Semi!!!

Ok, I will address your attempt at deflection. If you read my original post carefully it refers to Greensborough as a club and its history of failure which in my opinion stems from poor leadership. At the end of the post I commented that not much had changed and from that you have drawn the very long bow that I am calling the current team cheats. Of course being a now non player, I couldn't possibly know that so I used the words "not much". I hope that makes it clearer for you.

You could perhaps use your obvious passion to help the club stop making the same mistakes over and over.

Things like not hiring people that are socially awkward and/or outsiders to captain coach your cricket club such as Kelsey, Butera, Pavey, Bowers, Butera again would be a good start.

Things like not bringing in imports to a group that is clearly loaded with young talent. Just to refresh the memory, three played last year, one went home halfway through the year, one of the other two was going to be unavailable for the reserve weekend of the GF in what was a rain affected game. Obviously disruptive given the result. This year undefeated, positioning for finals everything going well, lets bring in another import. That will make the guy who misses out and his teammates happy, great idea, again repeating the pattern of failure.

And by the way how could I hate a club that bring me so much happiness and certainty every March
images
Bringing in another import?? Check ya facts it's the same guy we have had for the last 3 years

Back