My username

Re: My username

Guru™;97262 said:
Well i thought that the bigcricket on its own seem to be going along fine. It had a strong base and daily people were signing up. But then that crash happend, did you do the knee jerk reaction and changed over to join up with Zumper or was this talked about for a while?

Personally i think was a poor move, so much more on here that i have no interest in talking about and you reckon that more people will discuss more just because we have politics, golf and rugby boards here? If you look at those boards they are dead, only politics has alittle life in it and american footballer but, i might be wrong, but how many of those have interest in cricket or have even heard about it?

Way ive seen it is that Huss has got you to merge into here to help a struggling forum Zumper to try and get it bigger, disappointed to see bigcricket end this way.

the zumper talks have been going on for 6 months. the crash jsut moved things along. Guru, you're a top notch poster here, i'd hate to see you leave b/c of this. at the moment, on the surface, the things you say are true. that being said, heaps of tech stuff that zumper has will drastically improve BC without any user realizing it. as for the other boards being 'dead'; don't worry about them, we are still BC and we don't have to venture out to any other zumper site if you don't want. its just now you have the option, and now you don't have to sgn up for any other site to do so.

BigJeff;97249 said:
mates,

give it a bit of time. i know anything new stinks, especially when it comes to forums. that being said, it makes BC much much stronger behind the scenes, and it will allow the site to grow and an icredible rate. trust me on that. before the ashes begin, there will be huge changes for the better in the. i am 99.99% sure you will be happy you stayed.

so like i said, before anyone makes any knee-jerk reactions, give it a chance. really nothing has changes cosmetically with the look of the site; its just now you have access to many more sites (if you'd like).

I still reckon it isn't good.

Why does our own unique site have to attributed with these others? I don't want to talk about politics, golf or American football. Most of these boards have barely any posts and our little forum is now a part of this and brings with it most of this "new" sites members and posts.

What happens when BigCricket gets a lot bigger? Will we still be part of Zumper?

Right Arm Over;97255 said:
The death of big cricket has happened. RIP.

No one cares about the fantasy cricket here so come to the best site around!

******** off, you idiot.

Blow me, last I heard it was still free speech in this country, so ill do whatever the ******** I like!

BigJeff;97264 said:
the zumper talks have been going on for 6 months. the crash jsut moved things along. Guru, you're a top notch poster here, i'd hate to see you leave b/c of this. at the moment, on the surface, the things you say are true. that being said, heaps of tech stuff that zumper has will drastically improve BC without any user realizing it. as for the other boards being 'dead'; don't worry about them, we are still BC and we don't have to venture out to any other zumper site if you don't want. its just now you have the option, and now you don't have to sgn up for any other site to do so.

Okay then, why was a merge talked about? BigCricket was steaming along, zumper was suffering is that why it happened?

Right Arm Over;97340 said:
Blow me, last I heard it was still free speech in this country, so ill do whatever the ******** I like!

Right Arm Over was kind of a cool guy for a while after he joined the site, but for the past few months he's had a real attitude problem, I reckon. I miss the old RAO.

Stamislav;97373 said:
Right Arm Over was kind of a cool guy for a while after he joined the site, but for the past few months he's had a real attitude problem, I reckon. I miss the old RAO.
Agreed, but he developed that at Bigfooty unfortunately.............

Why do you have a snow flake after your username now Arma??

You think you're better than the rest of us?

Right Arm Over;97340 said:

You're just a spammer now.

King_Brown;97400 said:
Why do you have a snow flake after your username now Arma??

You think you're better than the rest of us?

b/c he is the Law now :)

What has happened here? Both Phil and LSS lost their names.

Very strange.

Shenanigans here at BigCricket. I'm a little annoyed about that zumper homepage thing, too....

Back