New Zealand In Australia - 2015

Just saw the replays of the wickets - that's a stinker of a shot from McCullum at 4/98.
irresponsible from the captain. Shame.
Well it was a good enough day of cricket with the pink ball proving to be a challenge. Not sure i actually mind too much as the game has swung into a slog a thon on dead pitches with a ball that does nothing. The batsmen looked undisciplined and i enjoyed it. Will see if Smith and Voges with the Marsh Bros next can apply themselves to the tough conditions or will believe they are invincible.

If that is not out then I'm done....

EDIT: Rubbish decision! Snicko malfunctioned! Every other shot said out! Could even see a deviation off the bat!!

It was a big mark as well!

Terrible decision. Not sure how that sort of call can be made.

I quite often sympathize with umpires when they make a wrong decision on the park as I have done a bit of umpiring...but how can you make such a shocking decision when you are upstairs with a million replays on offer and can take your time with the decision??

I quite often sympathize with umpires when they make a wrong decision on the park as I have done a bit of umpiring...but how can you make such a shocking decision when you are upstairs with a million replays on offer and can take your time with the decision??

Not sure. The thing that seemed to throw Llong was snicko which didn't have a noise as the ball passed the bat. That's the only real excuse he could possibly throw up not that that is a legitimate one anyway. There was more then enough evidence to give it out plus the fact that Lyon had walked a third of the way off the ground before being called back.

It seems that to make a decision via DRS 100% of the evidence has to support that potential decision. In a case like this it is fairly obvious that shouldn't be needed as everyone on the ground knew it was out except Llong.

Last edited:
You should see the amount of blatantly wrong ones we get happen in the AFL, it's like they hire the people from a school of the visually impaired.

Back