Nmca 2015/16

Rosebank to win. In better form then Rivergum, there batsmen haven't been standing up and a few holes in the line up.
Dimarco for the medal

What a ridiculous season, a team that was second last is now playing off in an "A" Grand Final!
That's how strong the comp is! Shame on all the clubs that participated in Jika Shield, what a rabble of a grade!
As to Keon Park, Lalor and Northcote utd what a joke. Northcoe Utd trying to turn A grade finals series into 20/20 matches, Laughable!
Your club has and will never do anything cause you all think you know better, unfortunately you know nothing. Keon Park at the end so are Lalor.
If this was going to be Nth Brunswick/Rosebank rebuild year well look out, they've made the granny from were?? No name players having breakout years!
Imagine if Samps and Dallariva play next year! That's word.
Sad state of play for the comp

Falling further behind DVCA in standard every year. How does the comp improve without clubs shelling out the sort of dollars that the strong Barclay and Money shield sides do?

One word: Geography. There's too many clubs and they are too close to each other, three quarters of the 20 or so clubs in the comp are from the same suburb. This dilutes the talent pool. Nmca is not big enough to hold this many clubs anymore. The answer is obvious but hard, clubs are going to have to fold or merge to become a stronger entity, make the leagues lesser (get rid of D,E,F grades which are atrocious anyway) and hopefully this will improve the standard and competition in this league.

Falling further behind DVCA in standard every year. How does the comp improve without clubs shelling out the sort of dollars that the strong Barclay and Money shield sides do?

Yet the 2 clubs playing in the DVCA grand final are the 2 clubs who fork out the least in player payments, and have the highest density of A grade players who have come from the junior playing ranks. ( From memory Diamond Creek have 10 players from their juniors, and Macleod 9 , playing the Barclay GF this weekend )

Rivergum win - medal to Daniel young
Socials win
Cameron win
I have been thinking & thinking & have splinters on my bottom due to fence sitting but I have arrived to a prediction For Jika shield. Im thinking the rivergum boys to go 3peat. Nbr are very young but thinking inexperience will catch them out in the game of the year. Congrats to everyone.

Which loser would put this on the NMCA site, talk about clutching at straws!
"Keon Park won 13 A grade premierships in 17 seasons from 1966 to 1983. During that period Keon Park had 3 treble premierships, 1969-1972, losing the GF in 72/73. 1973-76 and 1977-80. Keon Park dominated the competition over this period"
That's nearly 40 years ago, talk about living in the past! Seriously?? You guy's have been nothing but embarrassing since! Talk about "look at me and grasping at straws! If you were any good people would speak about how good you were!! Instead everyone thinks you blokes are a bunch of W...........ers.
Just for your information as soon as they were pushed by some teams that could actually play you never one anything!
Don't give any credit to a team that is going for a threepeat this weekend or is that to current for you? Look at us! Look at what we did when half the comp wasn't alive! LMFAO!

Congrats Rivergum on the win. Clearly the best side all year. Caught the second days play and it was tense viewing. Can they go 4 in a row?

Congrats Rivergum on the win. Clearly the best side all year. Caught the second days play and it was tense viewing. Can they go 4 in a row?
my prediction being right with rivergum winning the title. My friend watched Day 2 & witnessed some very tough cricket. Both teams very very impressive. The rosebank boys almost got the job done, They very impressive. Very good spectacle of high quality. big crowd, very noisy.Congrats to all that involved.

Last edited:
Well done to Rivergum going 3/3! Great club!!
But will they stay in NMCA or move to DVCA???

Northern Socials way too strong for a young Bundoora Park.
How will they go in A grade next season? Will all of their $$$$ players stick around?

Cameron much better than Strathewen.
Best side all year.

Watched quite a bit of the GF in the weekend,was a great contest of good tough cricket.
NBR not quite enough runs but in saying that were very unlucky when it mattered.They bowled fantastic and made Rivergum draw the game right out which made for a great finish.

I was unable to attend the final due to work commitments but I being told it was a battle for the ages. Not enough runs day 1 but Im told day 2 umpires make some colossal mistakes, maybe having huge effects on game. Never mind people ,winners are grinners & bring on baseball season. congrats rivergum on number 3.

I was unable to attend the final due to work commitments but I being told it was a battle for the ages. Not enough runs day 1 but Im told day 2 umpires make some colossal mistakes, maybe having huge effects on game. Never mind people ,winners are grinners & bring on baseball season. congrats rivergum on number 3.

You just said in the earlier post you witnessed a great game.

As I said all year, Rivergum best side and congratulations to them in winning the 3.
In saying that, the umpires should not get another "A" grade grand final! Rosebank just didn't make enough runs
and I'm sure that their run to even make the granny would keep them happy, but seriously and this goes out to all the umpires
who think that they are the centre of attention! If there is doubt it goes to the batsmen! if a batsman clearly nicks one or three they're out!
As for the GM he has to go, senior umpires are saying he is changing umpire game selections to suit what he thinks is best! Bill you've done
nothing in improving the comp since you've been here, instead its gone backwards stop lining your pockets and walkaway! But then again
you've never had any integrity! And before anyone gets on here and starts to bag me , do your research and if I'm wrong in anything I've posted
or you can prove that I have lied about anything I'll never post again! Or if anybody is going to say "you do a better job", I can guarantee I could, but I won't be left holding the bag when there's so much damage that has been done to the comp, we won't have one in 5 years!
DVCA here we come! I'm joining Rivergum! And NBR have been approached by the old North West. And everyone will say nobody is doing anything, pigs a....se! The Rivergum boys were talking about it after the GF, next season or the one after they can't decide!

As I said all year, Rivergum best side and congratulations to them in winning the 3.
In saying that, the umpires should not get another "A" grade grand final! Rosebank just didn't make enough runs
and I'm sure that their run to even make the granny would keep them happy, but seriously and this goes out to all the umpires
who think that they are the centre of attention! If there is doubt it goes to the batsmen! if a batsman clearly nicks one or three they're out!
As for the GM he has to go, senior umpires are saying he is changing umpire game selections to suit what he thinks is best! Bill you've done
nothing in improving the comp since you've been here, instead its gone backwards stop lining your pockets and walkaway! But then again
you've never had any integrity! And before anyone gets on here and starts to bag me , do your research and if I'm wrong in anything I've posted
or you can prove that I have lied about anything I'll never post again! Or if anybody is going to say "you do a better job", I can guarantee I could, but I won't be left holding the bag when there's so much damage that has been done to the comp, we won't have one in 5 years!
DVCA here we come! I'm joining Rivergum! And NBR have been approached by the old North West. And everyone will say nobody is doing anything, pigs a....se! The Rivergum boys were talking about it after the GF, next season or the one after they can't decide!

The GM was saying during the DVCA Money Shield final that Rivergum have applied to the DVCA. The GM has watched more DVCA games this year more than North Metro, I know his son plays in the DVCA but someone who is paid to run a comp you would think he should be attending their games.

The GM was saying during the DVCA Money Shield final that Rivergum have applied to the DVCA. The GM has watched more DVCA games this year more than North Metro, I know his son plays in the DVCA but someone who is paid to run a comp you would think he should be attending their games.

As a member of the Rivergum committee this is 100% hogwash

Rumour going around that Rosebank CC have offered a substantial amount of money to young gun Joel Thompson.
An 8 year deal worth around $10k per season.

I haven't seen a recent post from the big mouth of the competition... Where are you Steve??? Which club will you be playing for next season???

Back