Nmca 2017/18

No worries GG, we'll be watching Rivergum v Rosebank again for the next few years.

If you bat I hope you get runs and if you bowl I hope you get wickets.

So be it, you can't restructure the whole competition because colts seconds are getting flogged, they have done a fantastic job of staying in A grade as long as they did, but are in a crap area for kids and growth, because rivergum and rosebank have no competition, have promotion and relegation in the reserve grades , but most of all if you want all this changed at the start of a cricket season isn't the time nor will talking about it in big cricket do that

Lets get it straight GG, the comp have been told to restructure for a min 5 years.
So let's not complain about the big clubs then as they will dominate for a decade at least.
Rivergum and Rosebank have played off the last 5 years, Rosebank have been there for about 20 odd years and it doesn't look like they're are going anywhere and will probably get stronger and you don't want to restructure to try and develop teams to challenge? Wait for Camrea to get back in the swing of things again, then there might be 3 teams. It's a joke.

Certainly died down around here. Any notable surprise new (or old) faces spotted at pre-season training around the traps?

Holy trinity are in heavy talks with ex Essendon cc 2nd XI captain James Dickinson. A reliable source has mentioned they have met twice and are rumoured offering an estimated value of 20k for 2 seasons.

Holy trinity are in heavy talks with ex Essendon cc 2nd XI captain James Dickinson. A reliable source has mentioned they have met twice and are rumoured offering an estimated value of 20k for 2 seasons.

Would be a good pick up if it eventuates, rattled off a few very good scores at district 2s level last season. Lot of money too

Mr James would defs be the difference in finishing 2nd or 3rd,

Went down to Rosebank and had a look, very impressive. Gee Plumpton gets better with age, like a good wine.

You just "went down" did you? Just pulled up a seat and watched them train?

Haha

Reckon he pulled one of these moves...

906567f5301d46ec4fbeabb88e8280ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I'm hearing is that clubs are on the edge of tipping over, what's going on?
Nobody wants to play cricket anymore?? Same old faces, young guy's want their Saturday's to chase girls or work or go to the beach. It's not looking good for a lot of club's, merges and takeovers has to be on the cards, clubs can't keep bringing in imports, you run out of money real fast, I know i play for a club that's done that and its got us nowhere. I think people have to start looking reality in the face and either merge or die, Any one got their own opinion?

What I'm hearing is that clubs are on the edge of tipping over, what's going on?
Nobody wants to play cricket anymore?? Same old faces, young guy's want their Saturday's to chase girls or work or go to the beach. It's not looking good for a lot of club's, merges and takeovers has to be on the cards, clubs can't keep bringing in imports, you run out of money real fast, I know i play for a club that's done that and its got us nowhere. I think people have to start looking reality in the face and either merge or die, Any one got their own opinion?
mr radio. Life is to short so might as well be the best you can be because before you know it your retired and it's to late. Simple

So much more to do than play cricket these days. Cricket Australia saw that and took it in another direction with the big bash league and re structuring juniors a bit as well as bringing womens cricket in. I am in my 41st year at the Colts and I can to you cricket needs to change to survive.There is a generation that seems to br doing other things 20 to 30 year olds who may have missed out on all the CA rejigging but young kids love the 20/20 and by extension their parents get involved. I hate to say it as I am a cricket traditionalist but 20/20 will save the game. I remember when WSC started I was about 13yo and loved it. My dad hated it and he said it would destroy the game. He was wrong if course, change is necessary to evolve, all clubs need to change to survive.We at Colts are trying to change our ways and will continue to look at new ideas. Embrace the shorter forms as that is where we are all headed and thats what the kids who are our futures want.

So much more to do than play cricket these days. Cricket Australia saw that and took it in another direction with the big bash league and re structuring juniors a bit as well as bringing womens cricket in. I am in my 41st year at the Colts and I can to you cricket needs to change to survive.There is a generation that seems to br doing other things 20 to 30 year olds who may have missed out on all the CA rejigging but young kids love the 20/20 and by extension their parents get involved. I hate to say it as I am a cricket traditionalist but 20/20 will save the game. I remember when WSC started I was about 13yo and loved it. My dad hated it and he said it would destroy the game. He was wrong if course, change is necessary to evolve, all clubs need to change to survive.We at Colts are trying to change our ways and will continue to look at new ideas. Embrace the shorter forms as that is where we are all headed and thats what the kids who are our futures want.

Good to see somebody making some sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back