North West Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association

line and length;192305 said:
I think roxy have been very impressive this season. A few new faces down there with a bit of talent with the bat and ball. They played very well against us, tight bowling and a strong batting line up. I hope TL dont think they have got this far by fluke. I dare say top two finish.

Any news from the weekend?
We got ripped off.
Kealba threw it away!
Lakes too good!

cutoverslips46;192978 said:
How'd you get ripped off?

Long story dont wish to get into it!!

Its the halfway mark anyone wish to re ajust the top 4 for the end of season.

Batting ave?
Bowling ave?
Cahmpion Player?

duck and cover;192904 said:
Any news from the weekend?
We got ripped off.
Kealba threw it away!
Lakes too good!

Sorry to hear Wes Telford gone for the season with smashed finger. Lakes too strong for a depleted Roxy. Johnny Killa tonned up in the U/21's.

line and length;193678 said:
Top Four:
Lakes
Roxy
Pacoe
Gladdy

Batting - Markham (GP)
Bowling - Thomas (TL)
Champion - Too early to predict.

Lakes
Packo
Buckly
Roxy

Batting - Hass BP
Bowling - Thomas TL
Champion- Barron PV

Anyone want to call the premiers now?

Maybe a bit too early to be calling it, but this is my view of the season so far:

Lakes: 7 - 0. Cant really find too many faults when undefeated. Only thing stopping them is if the streak goes too long, the pressure that comes with it come finals time.

Roxy: 6 -1. Great start. Surprised a few teams along the way. Lakes my be the only obstacle. Fail to post huge scores with the bat, but bowling attack must be doing its job.

Pacco: 5-2. Always a threat. Alot of reliance on Tripp to make runs and take wickets. Will get stronger during the season.

BP: 3-4. Will be there abouts. Time will tell whether they are the real deal or just making up the numbers.

Gladdy: 2 -5: Don't know what's happened to them this season. Case of too many ego's in one club possibly?? May have already hit the self-destruct button. Loss of Telford will be big. As the saying goes - A team of champions isn't necessarily a champion team.

Sydenham / Kealba / Campbellfield - Not worth writing about. Will make a good confidence booster for the stronger teams.

line and length;193678 said:
Top Four:
Lakes
Roxy
Pacoe
Gladdy

Batting - Markham (GP)
Bowling - Thomas (TL)
Champion - Too early to predict.

Lakes
Roxy
Pacco
buckley

Batting - Markham (GP)
Bowling - C.Kaliagiannis (RP)
Champion- ?????

line and length;194615 said:
Maybe a bit too early to be calling it, but this is my view of the season so far:

Lakes: 7 - 0. Cant really find too many faults when undefeated. Only thing stopping them is if the streak goes too long, the pressure that comes with it come finals time.

Roxy: 6 -1. Great start. Surprised a few teams along the way. Lakes my be the only obstacle. Fail to post huge scores with the bat, but bowling attack must be doing its job.

Pacco: 5-2. Always a threat. Alot of reliance on Tripp to make runs and take wickets. Will get stronger during the season.

BP: 3-4. Will be there abouts. Time will tell whether they are the real deal or just making up the numbers.

Gladdy: 2 -5: Don't know what's happened to them this season. Case of too many ego's in one club possibly?? May have already hit the self-destruct button. Loss of Telford will be big. As the saying goes - A team of champions isn't necessarily a champion team.

Sydenham / Kealba / Campbellfield - Not worth writing about. Will make a good confidence booster for the stronger teams.

I can not see the lakes being beat, I have had a look and they have only been beaten once in 2 years and that was a one day game and as we all know anyone can win a one dayer.
But i am guessing with the paid players they have they should win it.

Roxy, I think they will struggle come finals time, they need to be posting a lot bigger scores than they are at the minute to be any chance.

Packo, Will be there or there abouts, thay have a lot missing and will come good around finals time like all good sides do.

Buckley, They rely on a couple of blokes too much and dont have the attack to bowl the better sides out, will be interesting to see how they go.

Gladdy, Will be in there with a big shout, any side that has Shep and Markham will always be dangerous and can hit all attacks out of the park on their day. Wes will be back come finals.

line and length;194615 said:

Roxy easily has the best bowling attack in the comp!!!!! What is goin to happen when actually do start to make runs???!!!! Lakes have a VERY one dimensional bowling attack.... what happens if Thomas gets injured.... i think that heart string is not very strong.There batting is good there is no doubt about that but they fire for the entire year.

Noodle;194642 said:
Roxy easily has the best bowling attack in the comp!!!!! What is goin to happen when actually do start to make runs???!!!! Lakes have a VERY one dimensional bowling attack.... what happens if Thomas gets injured.... i think that heart string is not very strong.There batting is good there is no doubt about that but they fire for the entire year.

How can you say Thomas has no heart, personaly I would love to see him break down but it has not happened yet and he bowled them to a flag last year. He would be without a doubt the best bowler I have played against in this comp and at no stage has he ever thrown in the towel against us.
I think you will need to revisit that comment or you have not seen him in full flight either way we would love him at our club.

Yes, Thomas is a great bowler, one of the quickest in the comp and can take wickets. However, against us, after a devastating 4 over opening spell, came back on with an older ball on an ordinary pitch and lobbed down 24 cabbage pies to finish off his spell. I think fitness is his biggest issue. See him off early and he's not much chop.

line and length;194686 said:
Yes, Thomas is a great bowler, one of the quickest in the comp and can take wickets. However, against us, after a devastating 4 over opening spell, came back on with an older ball on an ordinary pitch and lobbed down 24 cabbage pies to finish off his spell. I think fitness is his biggest issue. See him off early and he's not much chop.

You never know he might not have rated your side, against us he has bowled a 37 over spell and a 40 over spell and his last was a quick as his first. I dont mind people having a crack at people but I think you should pick your mark.
He has earned his respect as a player and you should give it to him as well as some other players in the comp like the Markhams, Shep, Mills Telford etc.

Dont think because your side is having a good season that you have a right to start hanging it on the top players in the comp, Roxy would only have one player make it into the top 15 in the comp, after you have won a flag or at least made the finals for more then one year in a row should you start to compair your side to the power houses.

Dont get me wrong I am rapt that Roxy are doing so well and it is a credit to your players and I hope you do go well and make the finals but I would not start to crow yet. You need to finish top 2 to have any chance of a GF berth.

Im off going off personal experience, not his past glories. You speak about respect, yet you dont seem to show any to our side. 1 player in the top 15 you reckon?

Secondly, I really couldn't give a rats how many of our blokes would rank in the top 15 in the comp. We play as a team and win as a team. Its not about averages and reputations and ego's. It must just be a gladdy thing.

True, Roxy aren't a powerhouse club (yet) but that's hard when the club's only been around for 5 minutes. We are a young developing club with a stong junior list. 6 players from Saturday where 23 or under. I don't think too many teams can say they have done that and been successful.

I think your statement also validates noodles point of TL being a one dimensional bowling attack. Fancy having an opener bowl 37 or 40 overs in a single game. Surely there is someone else who can tie down an end or are they really that reliant on him. Fair enough he's a gun bowler, but there has to be more options then that. Say he has an off day, then what?

And for what its worth, I still thing Gladdy can win a flag from fourth spot. Such a strong side can never be counted out.

line and length;194855 said:
Im off going off personal experience, not his past glories. You speak about respect, yet you dont seem to show any to our side. 1 player in the top 15 you reckon?

Secondly, I really couldn't give a rats how many of our blokes would rank in the top 15 in the comp. We play as a team and win as a team. Its not about averages and reputations and ego's. It must just be a gladdy thing.

True, Roxy aren't a powerhouse club (yet) but that's hard when the club's only been around for 5 minutes. We are a young developing club with a stong junior list. 6 players from Saturday where 23 or under. I don't think too many teams can say they have done that and been successful.

I think your statement also validates noodles point of TL being a one dimensional bowling attack. Fancy having an opener bowl 37 or 40 overs in a single game. Surely there is someone else who can tie down an end or are they really that reliant on him. Fair enough he's a gun bowler, but there has to be more options then that. Say he has an off day, then what?

And for what its worth, I still thing Gladdy can win a flag from fourth spot. Such a strong side can never be counted out.

Best bowling attack in the comp? You have to be joking!!!!!
Your 10 wickets behind the Lakes and 21 Behind Packo!!!!!
Even Kealba has 5 more than you!!!
Your bowlers could not even trouble our batsmen the other week and we will give them a lesson next week.
Your batting depends on 2 blokes and your fielding is not real flash.
I am like 6 other clubs in the comp that dont rate Roxy and what they showed us the other week was pathetic.
You may lose this week and then you have us, that will make you 6 and 3 with Gladdy and Buckley on your tail, I would like to guess that you wont make the finals.
The lakes have included another opening Batsman to their line up since we played you, you might want to look up his stats, only a lazy 500odd last year.
Been with a Subby club all this year and looks like he will take it apart!!!
So keep the posts coming you will only be made to look stupid next game, I will print your post out and show it to all our boys I am sure it will make them more focused on giving you a real bealting next week.

The Prophet;194925 said:
Anyone here heard of Spell-Cheek? Worth a try.

No need to worry about spell check champ.

So that’s the best you can come up with to defend your poor performance against us?
Don’t tell me you had players missing because that is just crap.
You will need to pick up about 5 new players to be any chance next game!!!
A quick bouncy wicket at the Lion Heart reserve 3 genuine quick’s and a batting line up to dream of.

You can not honestly think you are any chance?

Lakes back to back;194936 said:
No need to worry about spell check champ.

So that’s the best you can come up with to defend your poor performance against us?
Don’t tell me you had players missing because that is just crap.
You will need to pick up about 5 new players to be any chance next game!!!
A quick bouncy wicket at the Lion Heart reserve 3 genuine quick’s and a batting line up to dream of.

You can not honestly think you are any chance?

cocky people to me means a big downfall.........talk it up now thats fine but the buisness end is a long way away yet.......

would this opening bat be named armadeep singh.......yer thats right i think.....couldnt hack losing due to the fact him going no good his old side was going no good and i just hope he doesnt bring his bad fortune to a great club like lakes.......

thommo is quick hahahahahaha is that what you are saying......?:rolleyes:

The Prophet;194983 said:
Roger that.@|

Have a look, once again someone from the Lakes has challenged
Roxy hand they have gone into their shell, Just like the other week!!!
Come on boys what have you got to say for yourselves.
How are you going to come back next game?
Or have you just admitted defeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back