Re: North West Cricket Association

Pretty quiet day on the forum.....

What are everybodys tips for this week?

Camp -v- RP
TL -v- BP
Gladdy -v- Syd
PVCC -v- KGG

sorry bout my pervious post i was unaware at the time that tommorrow is ment to be 43!!:eek::)

Tips:

might very well be another 1 day game again next week!!!! But for a lil read ill do a lil write up.

Fair to say that the the top 5 wont change!!.....good battle now for 4th!

KGG vs PVC - cant really give KGG a chance a very poor effort last week with the bat against a struggling team, still yet to be convincing with the bat and they bowled preety well and had a bit of luck! Hare and Tripp no runs last week, but are likely to turn that around.....My tip PVC

TL vs BP - the big ground will hurt BP in an effort to make runs and keep runs down. TL with a few bats, Markham and Lee in form. Watch for the Lee bros to bowl plenty of overs this match........My tip TL

SH vs GP - the only thing SH have going for them at the moment is that they are back at there home ground, and have a few kids playing. Will be out classed, Hackeny and Wilson not in great form, and they could find it tough to bat out there over also. (interesting stat: SH have played only two 2day games this season.) GP should be too strong..............My tip GP

RP vs CCC - great effort last week by CCC to get 10points, and they should get another 6 this match. Hasan, Berry, Dickson, W Carton too many good bats that will make them plenty of runs!!! Killa with massive responsibility with the 2 lynch's to pitch in with solid efforts.......My Tip CCC

Choo Choo

Gladdys Johnny Markham was originaly picked to captain the side but was unavaliable for the first game, so Harey was next in line.

The captain was asked to pick a side that would be balanced and then go on avalability if those players that were pick were unavaliable.

Of course not everybody is going to be happy with the side as everyones gunna have their own opinion.

Hes done a good job and has got players from all luscombe teams in the squad and NWCA will slap them!!

Gladyboy;321659 said:
They managed to get four Taylors boys in plus play the match there who I wonder selected the side? Surely not the pres

The sides a joke stormer and you know it I can only guess that players have been left out due to unavailability. How is Harey in the side let alone skipper and shep not Shep has made more in one hit than most bats have all year

It wont matter anyway that side will still pul MMVCA pants down as they are 2nd rate

Here is the best side imo

P Berry
P Camilleri
J Markham gp
J Markham tl
P Tripp
S Lee
P Thomas
A Fackler
M Hassan
M Hayes
B Just

Hey gladdyboy, Harey here (obviously...)

Just thought I'd let you know that i was selected to do this job at the start of the season,remembering that i had quite a decent year last year, and i was told around October that I would be doing it, so as to give me time to see how everyone was performing and for once pick a team that actually resembled the best team in the comp and not the usual fill ins team that some times happens due to poor organisation...a good idea on the comps behalf...And therefore explaining my selection in the comp side...

It also gave me time to seek out players and there interests in playing, and therefore we ended up having a pretty strong team...

In terms of your selection queries, both shep and johnny markham were picked but made themselves unavailable due to work i beleive...Hassan was the same from CCC, but already plays sunday cricket and therefore was also unavailable...Suitable replacements were picked and we obviously, in the end, thumped them...

In terms of Cammers and Hackney, at the time of selection there stats were;
Cammers - 304 runs at 34
Hackney 240 runs at 34 (remembering hackney missed a few games with injury)

So, as you can see, they were pretty even, and given when the sides were selected we had 3 gladdy players already and no sydenham players, we chose hackney with cammers on standby in case he couldnt play..So sorry if that doesnt fit into your selection ethic but it was the way we decided to go..

As for the four TLCC players, thomas is the best bowler going round, johnny markham is having his best ever season with the bat, justy has 27 wickets and shane lee was vice captain and you'll find he has had a very good and consistent year with around 350 runs i beleive, so all deserving of a spot...

As far as my year goes, i was averaging around 35 when the sides were selected, so certainly not a terrible year but not a good one either..ive also missed 4 games after having an operation mid season so i think your stats on beasty's form vs mine might be a little skewed, as he averages 32 whilst im averaging 31.2, but either way, all are entitled to opinions..

Hope that answers all your queries..any other problems then just reply and ill see if i can help you out...

Cheers pal..

tubby;323191 said:
who got the wickets and runs

Bowling:
Fackler 3/24, Catania 3/30, Tripp 3/16, Just 1/3...
Just 3 catches, Mcpherson 3 catches, Ingvorsen 2 catches

Batting:
Hackney 15
Ingvorsen 23
Hare 10
Lee 20
Markham ?? 10 or so not out
Mcpherson 3
Kulikowski 12 or so
Tripp 2 not out

Sounds like the u/21 GF 3 years ago at oak park hey harey!!!
Slapped em again!!

For those who are interested:
This Sunday 15th February, There will be a 20/20 cricket match played between Sydenham Hillside Cricket Club Vs Sydenham Hillside Football Club.
The match will begin at 1:00pm at Hillside Recreation Reserve, Cnr Landscape Drv & Royal Cres, Hillside.
Donations, BBQ and Bar Profit will be donated to a Bushfire Relief fund.

Should be a good game with the footy club having the likes of Catania, Rogo and Blum as well as th cricket clubs usuals!!

Stormer68;323636 said:
Slapped em again!!

This Sunday 15th February, There will be a 20/20 cricket match played between Sydenham Hillside Cricket Club Vs Sydenham Hillside Football Club.
The match will begin at 1:00pm at Hillside Recreation Reserve, Cnr Landscape Drv & Royal Cres, Hillside.

Should be a good game with the footy club having the likes of Catania, Rogo and Blum as well as th cricket clubs usuals!!

Hey Stormer, that's a great initiative by the Club, Well Done

In regards to the result, well at least it gives you's(footy or cricket) a chance to notch up a win but I'll tip a Nil All draw, you blokes couldn't beat yourselves, ha ha ha

Gladyboy;321659 said:
They managed to get four Taylors boys in plus play the match there who I wonder selected the side? Surely not the pres

The sides a joke stormer and you know it I can only guess that players have been left out due to unavailability. How is Harey in the side let alone skipper and shep not Shep has made more in one hit than most bats have all year

It wont matter anyway that side will still pul MMVCA pants down as they are 2nd rate

Here is the best side imo

P Berry
P Camilleri
J Markham gp
J Markham tl
P Tripp
S Lee
P Thomas
A Fackler
M Hassan
M Hayes
B Just

Just thought I'd let you know that i was selected to do this job at the start of the season,remembering that i had quite a decent year last year, and i was told around October that I would be doing it, so as to give me time to see how everyone was performing and for once pick a team that actually resembled the best team in the comp and not the usual fill ins team that some times happens due to poor organisation...a good idea on the comps behalf...And therefore explaining my selection in the comp side...

It also gave me time to seek out players and there interests in playing, and therefore we ended up having a pretty strong team...

In terms of your selection queries, both shep and johnny markham were picked but made themselves unavailable due to work i beleive...Hassan was the same from CCC, but already plays sunday cricket and therefore was also unavailable...Suitable replacements were picked and we obviously, in the end, thumped them...

Cammers - 304 runs at 34

So, as you can see, they were pretty even, and given when the sides were selected we had 3 gladdy players already and no sydenham players, we chose hackney with cammers on standby in case he couldnt play..So sorry if that doesnt fit into your selection ethic but it was the way we decided to go..

As for the four TLCC players, thomas is the best bowler going round, johnny markham is having his best ever season with the bat, justy has 27 wickets and shane lee was vice captain and you'll find he has had a very good and consistent year with around 350 runs i beleive, so all deserving of a spot...

As far as my year goes, i was averaging around 35 when the sides were selected, so certainly not a terrible year but not a good one either..ive also missed 4 games after having an operation mid season so i think your stats on beasty's form vs mine might be a little skewed, as he averages 32 whilst im averaging 31.2, but either way, all are entitled to opinions..

Hope that answers all your queries..any other problems then just reply and ill see if i can help you out...

Cheers pal..

Harey;323612 said:

Cammers - 304 runs at 34

Cheers pal..

Great response and should answer any questions.

One dayer now this week, does it changes anyone's selections?

tubby;323191 said:
who got the wickets and runs

Bowling:
Fackler 3/24, Catania 3/30, Tripp 3/16, Just 1/3...
Just 3 catches, Mcpherson 3 catches, Ingvorsen 2 catches

Batting:
Hackney 15
Ingvorsen 23
Hare 10
Lee 20
Markham ?? 10 or so not out
Mcpherson 3
Kulikowski 12 or so
Tripp 2 not out

Slapped em again!!

cutoverslips46;323644 said:

In regards to the result, well at least it gives you's(footy or cricket) a chance to notch up a win but I'll tip a Nil All draw, you blokes couldn't beat yourselves, ha ha ha

like i havnt heard tht b4!!

well wat footy club are u involved with??
I think u mite b suprised wit where we'll b on the ladder come round 7...
u mite start calling us the CCC of the EDFL b grade... the BIG improvers!!

Stormer68;323636 said:
Slapped em again!!

Stormer68;324043 said:

your kidding yourselves, use have no one

Harey;323612 said:

Cammers - 304 runs at 34

Cheers pal..

Great response and should answer any questions.

One dayer now this week, does it changes anyone's selections?

try bigfooty mate...i'll talk 2 u on there

sorry fellas my fault for bringing up the footy club and didnt think some people could b as predictable as always on here and start hanging it on us!!

Stormer68;324360 said:

sorry fellas my fault for bringing up the footy club and didnt think some people could b as predictable as always on here and start hanging it on us!!

Stormer - Yes it was your fault and you should apologise.
As for hanging it on SHCC & SHFC - well mate it's so easy to do, be realistic
Sydenham CC have struggled for ages now, which is fine and you wouldn't get anyone bagging you other than every year Pre-season you blokes talk yoursleves up, only to have another pathetic year. Another year of mediocrity. Here's a Tip for you my little fat friend - Don't bother posting and telling everyone how well the Club is going next Pre-season as no-one takes you seriously.

cutoverslips46;323644 said:

Stormer68;324043 said:

your kidding yourselves, use have no one

Stormer68;324360 said:

Stormer - Yes it was your fault and you should apologise.
As for hanging it on SHCC & SHFC - well mate it's so easy to do, be realistic
Sydenham CC have struggled for ages now, which is fine and you wouldn't get anyone bagging you other than every year Pre-season you blokes talk yoursleves up, only to have another pathetic year. Another year of mediocrity. Here's a Tip for you my little fat friend - Don't bother posting and telling everyone how well the Club is going next Pre-season as no-one takes you seriously.

cutoverslips46;326092 said:
OK, What's everyones tips this week for GP v TL?

Big Game, if TLCC win can they get to 1st and a home final V Kealba?

GP to win ....... lol
even if TL win dont think they can over take GP's percentage....

would have to be a massive win bowling out GP for 100 n making it 0 down ....

just an update for our 20/20 match on sunday...
we raised $8000 which all went to the bushfire fund...
was great 2 c the likes of keatsy cum down and show his support in wat was a cracker of a day for both players and specators!!!
Heaps of stuff donated...in fact 2 much!!
5 days of work went into it and the club thanks all who donated time and $$...

For the result 4 those who didnt think anyone would win...The storm slapped the sharks with plenty of help from the skipper benny green!!

This will b an annual event which we'll attempt to match next year for a designated charity, but will b very hard 2 back up!!

So wen it comes around nxt year get on board!!

Stormer68;326208 said:
was great 2 c the likes of keatsy cum down and show his support in wat was a cracker of a day for both players and specators!!!

For the result 4 those who didnt think anyone would win...The storm slapped the sharks with plenty of help from the skipper benny green!!

This will b an annual event which we'll attempt to match next year for a designated charity, but will b very hard 2 back up!!

Well done Stormer and to all at SHCC

Stormer68;326208 said:

Hey Stormer
A big well done to SHCC & to all that supported the day, great effort.
It just goes to show that you don't have to be Good at cricket or footy to make a Big contribution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back