Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

If its true I dont think theres much difference between Mash shield (formerly B grade) and subbies 2nds/3rds, subbies isnt that good of a comp as ppl think their 1s is good, and dvca certainly not a bad comp.

Well that will interesting if it travels down that path. I was told by an individual on the executive that the reason for the promotion of whatever this club is called was based on a promise that it wouldn't be Plenty Valleys 5th eleven. It was to used as their 3rd eleven. As to how this was going to work with promoting players from DVCA Mash Shield into Subby 2's, the mind boggles. Now apparently Plenty Valley promised this to be the scenario in their presentation to be the 28th club and be part of of the new Mash Shield. If true it's a dogs breakfast of an idea if you ask me, but that's what I was told.

Sorry brutal, but I can promise that is not what was said.
Although we are still affiliated with the subbies, we are definitely a separate entity when it comes to selection.

There will be a split.... Might not be this season but it will certainly take place well before their Mash sheid side are competitive.

Take it to the bank..

Sorry brutal, but I can promise that is not what was said.
Although we are still affiliated with the subbies, we are definitely a separate entity when it comes to selection.
Well then a senior member of the executive is lying (which I doubt), or the whole organisation has been hoodwinked. I specifically asked a question as to why the association was allowing a Subby club to run a 5th eleven in the comp, when potentially and perhaps unlikely that in future years they could be playing Barclay Shield and a higher standard than there 2nd, 3rd and 4th eleven. The answer I got is what I've already stated. Perhaps since then the structure between the two has changed, but at the time that's what was mentioned.

Well then a senior member of the executive is lying (which I doubt), or the whole organisation has been hoodwinked. I specifically asked a question as to why the association was allowing a Subby club to run a 5th eleven in the comp, when potentially and perhaps unlikely that in future years they could be playing Barclay Shield and a higher standard than there 2nd, 3rd and 4th eleven. The answer I got is what I've already stated. Perhaps since then the structure between the two has changed, but at the time that's what was mentioned.
I can 100% guarantee that Plenty Valley haven't and certainly weren't planning on playing their 3rd strongest side in the DVCA. Let's just say Plenty Valley couldn't care less about their DVCA senior players....

do you mind if I ask when that was brutal ?

do you mind if I ask when that was brutal ?
When gradings came out for last season. So roughly 14 months ago. It formed part of the reason for our 2nds being relegated from c to d grade. I questioned how you can promote a team that finished 10th in D grade to C grade and I was told it was done so with the view of giving Plenty Valley a season to transition before forming part of the new Shield. When I then questioned how that side would fit into the Plenty Valley structure, I was told that the DVCA had sought and been given assurances that it would not be a 5th eleven and would be used as their 3rd eleven with the issue of players transferring across still to be worked out.

Last edited:
When gradings came out for last season. So roughly 14 months ago. It formed part of the reason for our 2nds being relegated from c to d grade. I questioned how you can promote a team that finished 10th in D grade to C grade and I was told it was done so with the view of giving Plenty Valley a season to transition before forming part of the new Shield. When I then questioned how that side would fit into the Plenty Valley structure, I was told that the DVCA had sought and been given assurances that it would not be a 5th eleven and would be used as their 3rd eleven with the issue of players transferring across still to be worked out.

yeah, that makes sense.
a lot has changed since then.

Della I agree, plenty valley are irrelevant in the dvca. Good luck in mash shield they will need it
I hope for the juniors and the DVCA senior players they make the split from Plenty Valley and gain their own identity most likely out of Laurimer. Until this happens unfortunately they seem irrelevant because that's what they are to the subbies club. Which is a bloody shame because all those kids and DVCA seniors are paying their subs just like the blokes playing subbies and not getting the same deal from their own club

I hope for the juniors and the DVCA senior players they make the split from Plenty Valley and gain their own identity most likely out of Laurimer. Until this happens unfortunately they seem irrelevant because that's what they are to the subbies club. Which is a bloody shame because all those kids and DVCA seniors are paying their subs just like the blokes playing subbies and not getting the same deal from their own club

common sense would say that it's almost inevitable that Laurimar will be a stand alone club at some stage in the future.

Brutal or beenaround, hoping you can help.
Fixtures out down to E grade which I thought was to be all last seasons 80 over comps in this restructure.
I understand how Laurimar Plenty Valley got their C promoted to Mash, something I will never understand or agree with, but can either of you explain how their F grade got promoted up to the new E grade which effectively was D grade last season? Thats a 2 grade jump for finishing 11th last season.
Are there more secret deals with Laurimar we havent been told about?? as have to say this one astounds me !!!

Brutal or beenaround, hoping you can help.
Fixtures out down to E grade which I thought was to be all last seasons 80 over comps in this restructure.
I understand how Laurimar Plenty Valley got their C promoted to Mash, something I will never understand or agree with, but can either of you explain how their F grade got promoted up to the new E grade which effectively was D grade last season? Thats a 2 grade jump for finishing 11th last season.
Are there more secret deals with Laurimar we havent been told about?? as have to say this one astounds me !!!
Without looking too closely at how it's all structured below, I'd guess just another example of having one rule for one and another for everyone else.

Back