Shepparton Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shepparton Cricket Association

Old Hopper;282351 said:
No surprises from the weekends round of A Grade scores.

I see Gringo has played the last two games in B Grade whats going on there Cat?

Apologies for the late reply there Hopper... Gringo is playing B-grade as the A-grade side is looking to the future with some of the Kids... Michael Klitzing, Sam O'Brien are just two names to keep a look out for in the coming years.

Just wondering Hopper.. are you affiliated to any club??

CatVictory;285491 said:
Apologies for the late reply there Hopper... Gringo is playing B-grade as the A-grade side is looking to the future with some of the Kids... Michael Klitzing, Sam O'Brien are just two names to keep a look out for in the coming years.

Just wondering Hopper.. are you affiliated to any club??

Sounds like a reasonable policy, just surprised me to see Gringo in B Grade after he had such a good season last year, from memory he had the most wickets or best average for the league.

yep I am affiliated with a club, Tatura

Yeah.. That's all it is with Gringo...

Any intersting news out at Tat?? Has the outfield on Howley got greener with this rain that we have had... or is the center square the greenest patch on there still??

CatVictory;286896 said:
Yeah.. That's all it is with Gringo...

Any intersting news out at Tat?? Has the outfield on Howley got greener with this rain that we have had... or is the center square the greenest patch on there still??

Yep the rain has greened up the outfield nicely, its a pity that the council wouldnt/couldnt water our grounds up until a couple of weeks ago. Our B grade guys nearly had a stroke when they played at Morropna and saw how green your grounds were when ours hadnt even been watered yet.

Thank god we look after our own pitches otherwise they might look like Deakin!

No real big news out of Tat, Stevo is out injured until Christmas but apart from that we are tracking OK. A grade would like to win the next two and be 4 and 2 at Christmas.

In the lower grades our juniors are really starting to step up and a couple may get to debut in A Grade after Christmas. A few middle age blokes in A grade are hoping thats the case anyway. the old blokes Pumpa and Watty are still more that holding their own.

Just wondered if there was anyone interested or know of anyone thats interested in playing in England this coming season. My club has a spot available and has a good offer. Ideally need an all-rounder and will be based in Surrey, about 20 mins out of London. Reply to this and leave details and i will get in contact.

Well its certainly hot, 43 predicted for tomorrow.

The big question is will we play. I understand a couple of Shepp clubs are pushing to call it off.

I can understand the reasoning behind it but I just wonder where this leaves us. If from now on we arent going to play when its hot, when are we going to play? We have already lost several weekends due to rain.

My preference is to play, surely precaustions such as longer breaks and more frequent drinks breaks is enough. If individuals decide they dont want to play fair enough, but dont force everyone to sit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back