Young Willi Lad;313458 said:
Sorry i must have misread the website.
Congradulations for this week

that's twice you've done that now ywl
must be pretty bright down in willy
"congraTulations"
back to school mate

Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

While on the subject of Willy. My good sources tell me there are 3 or 4 one's players under long term injury clouds for this game and others.

Care to enlighten us with names and injuries weapons or ywl ??

If true, that will test the club's depth ???????????

While on the subject of Willy. My good sources tell me there are 3 or 4 one's players under long term injury clouds for this game and others.

Back to Box Hill's amazing score and win on the weekend.
Goldsmith not only made 251* but he did it off only 167 balls with 26 fours and 12 sixes.
What an incredible knock.
Also Anchorman maybe you could tell me is Harrison Smyth the younger brother of Tom who just represented Victoria at the under 17 national carnival?
And why did the old fellar McNulty get a game in the 1's?
Surely Ravichandran would have been a better option.

Goldsmith not only made 251* but he did it off only 167 balls with 26 fours and 12 sixes.
Also Anchorman maybe you could tell me is Harrison Smyth the younger brother of Tom who just represented Victoria at the under 17 national carnival?

The Duke;313786 said:

3 or 4? I don't think that it is that many.
I know Rohan Smith has a sore back and Cam Smith pulled up sore but i don't think either of them are "long term" injuries.
Mayb weapons would be better answering those questions though seeing that he played in the game and i didn't.

The Duke;313786 said:

3 or 4? I don't think that it is that many.
I know Rohan Smith has a sore back and Cam Smith pulled up sore but i don't think either of them are "long term" injuries.
Mayb weapons would be better answering those questions though seeing that he played in the game and i didn't.

The Duke;313786 said:

long term injury clouds for this game????........surely a long term injury means out for the rest of the year........

c.smith would be the only 1.....and would only miss this game at most......his whole body is an injury.........lol:eek:

um definately have the talent to come up and fill spots in he ones........another 1st gamer last week so thats 4 already this year so good to see young blokes been given an opportunity.......and there is plenty where they came from ready to get on the dance floor.........

hahaha i might get a few overs this week..........;)

The Duke;313786 said:

long term injury clouds for this game????........surely a long term injury means out for the rest of the year........

c.smith would be the only 1.....and would only miss this game at most......his whole body is an injury.........lol:eek:

um definately have the talent to come up and fill spots in he ones........another 1st gamer last week so thats 4 already this year so good to see young blokes been given an opportunity.......and there is plenty where they came from ready to get on the dance floor.........

Young Willi Lad;313256 said:
C.Face, could you tell me how Bundoora's ground was?
Because the ground has been deemed not up to 1st XI standard so the 2's have to play there this week and it means its our 3rd week on the road in a row.

2 simple words - "shit house"

not up to any cricket standard, hence why ground not being used next year.

pitch played ok, quite grassy, but no real big demons.

good luck, someone will get hit in the face fielding tho..

C.Face out.

Young Willi Lad;313256 said:
C.Face, could you tell me how Bundoora's ground was?
Because the ground has been deemed not up to 1st XI standard so the 2's have to play there this week and it means its our 3rd week on the road in a row.

C.Face out.

C.Face;314054 said:

C.Face out.

Grouse, cant wait.

C.Face;314054 said:

C.Face out.

Grouse, cant wait.

Young Willi Lad;313796 said:

Harrison Smyth is the younger brother of Tom. He is 14 and will be a GUN!! made some very handy scores in the 2's year hits the ball very very cleanly. was excellent in the field on the weekend and can bowl some good offies.

2 bats were unavailable from the game before. McNulty and Smyth have been the two best bats in the 2's this year. McNulty also bowls good mediums as i would assume was a better fit than the 3rd spinner.

Young Willi Lad;313796 said:

Harrison Smyth is the younger brother of Tom. He is 14 and will be a GUN!! made some very handy scores in the 2's year hits the ball very very cleanly. was excellent in the field on the weekend and can bowl some good offies.

2 bats were unavailable from the game before. McNulty and Smyth have been the two best bats in the 2's this year. McNulty also bowls good mediums as i would assume was a better fit than the 3rd spinner.

weapons05/06;313870 said:

C.smith would be the only 1.....and would only miss this game at most......his whole body is an injury.........lol:eek:

Um definately have the talent to come up and fill spots in he ones........another 1st gamer last week so thats 4 already this year so good to see young blokes been given an opportunity.......and there is plenty where they came from ready to get on the dance floor.........

Hahaha i might get a few overs this week..........;)

"no chance"

C.smith would be the only 1.....and would only miss this game at most......his whole body is an injury.........lol:eek:

Um definately have the talent to come up and fill spots in he ones........another 1st gamer last week so thats 4 already this year so good to see young blokes been given an opportunity.......and there is plenty where they came from ready to get on the dance floor.........

Hahaha i might get a few overs this week..........;)

"no chance"

Jeeeeesus weapons, if we are bowling for a declaratiom, it will be "warm up teece, warm up Colonel" long before you get a look in...

Jeeeeesus weapons, if we are bowling for a declaratiom, it will be "warm up teece, warm up Colonel" long before you get a look in...

Jeeeeesus weapons, if we are bowling for a declaration, it will be "warm up teece, warm up Colonel" long before you get a look in...

Jeeeeesus weapons, if we are bowling for a declaration, it will be "warm up teece, warm up Colonel" long before you get a look in...

Spin King;317198 said:
Willy and Caulfield my tips for 1st XI grand final.

Gone out on a limb there picking the top two sides from both divisions lol.
I agree though. Melton to challenge Williamstown from the north/west side. If Williamstown can keep the side together they should win but the test is if the older players bodies can stay together.

On the south/east side Caulfield are on top but Malvern and Brighton appear very strong. McMahon from Brighton and Craig from Malvern are both very good players and have scored centuries against Caulfield in the last two weeks. But in my opinion in will be Box Hill to win the south/east with Goldsmith, Farrow and A.Blake to lift them over the line.

If Caulfield want to win it they are going to need big improvement from Craig Ferguson and Matt Lawrence.
Any one else have any thoughts?

Spin King;317198 said:
Willy and Caulfield my tips for 1st XI grand final.

I agree though. Melton to challenge Williamstown from the north/west side. If Williamstown can keep the side together they should win but the test is if the older players bodies can stay together.

On the south/east side Caulfield are on top but Malvern and Brighton appear very strong. McMahon from Brighton and Craig from Malvern are both very good players and have scored centuries against Caulfield in the last two weeks. But in my opinion in will be Box Hill to win the south/east with Goldsmith, Farrow and A.Blake to lift them over the line.

If Caulfield want to win it they are going to need big improvement from Craig Ferguson and Matt Lawrence.

Young Willi Lad;317322 said:

You guys are probably on the money with your predictions, but there are a few things to consider in the north-west group.

For starters, YWL and Weapons – what's the story with Rohan Smith's injury? Give us the inside story boys. Heard he was hospitalised after his hammy was ripped off the bone. Any truth, and what's the prognosis? If true, it would have to be curtains for the season for the great Bubba, a huge blow to Willi considering his value as an all-rounder who can bowl heaps of overs unchanged.

Then there's Melton's history of assembling strong sides but then choking/underperforming in finals. But maybe the new captain (Allen) might have some influence on turning things around and helping all the "cobbs" perform when it actually counts.

A team no one has mentioned is Altona. Not sure why – any thoughts? Just had a look at the ladder and noticed that if Altona win (defending 268) and Willi lose (defending 180), Altona will be back on top by four points. Melton can also be on top after this week. Very interesting...

You guys are probably on the money with your predictions, but there are a few things to consider in the north-west group.

For starters, YWL and Weapons – what's the story with Rohan Smith's injury? Give us the inside story boys. Heard he was hospitalised after his hammy was ripped off the bone. Any truth, and what's the prognosis? If true, it would have to be curtains for the season for the great Bubba, a huge blow to Willi considering his value as an all-rounder who can bowl heaps of overs unchanged.

Then there's Melton's history of assembling strong sides but then choking/underperforming in finals. But maybe the new captain (Allen) might have some influence on turning things around and helping all the "cobbs" perform when it actually counts.

A team no one has mentioned is Altona. Not sure why – any thoughts? Just had a look at the ladder and noticed that if Altona win (defending 268) and Willi lose (defending 180), Altona will be back on top by four points. Melton can also be on top after this week. Very interesting...

Fleshy Gloveman;317515 said:

You raise some good points there F.G, i really rate melton actually but there history in finals is the only thing off putting me. Also coach harrisons injury is a major loss with the ball and can chip in handy with the bat.But If Allen and Kirk continue this form i dont see why they can't make the finals and not win it!

Altona are interesting as well, have had a very good season but don't see them as a major threat.

Williamstown have a good side, i believe Sheedy & Murdoch can get them there.

So could be out of Williamstown and Melton but don't be surprised if altona manage to scrape through.

You raise some good points there F.G, i really rate melton actually but there history in finals is the only thing off putting me. Also coach harrisons injury is a major loss with the ball and can chip in handy with the bat.But If Allen and Kirk continue this form i dont see why they can't make the finals and not win it!

Altona are interesting as well, have had a very good season but don't see them as a major threat.

Williamstown have a good side, i believe Sheedy & Murdoch can get them there.

So could be out of Williamstown and Melton but don't be surprised if altona manage to scrape through.

Brighton has beaten Caulfield,Malvern and BoxHill this seasion chasing a score each time. Already got the points this game .Big game against Croydon but the winner should make finals. Seems a much more even division with 10 teams at least still in contention.

Brighton has beaten Caulfield,Malvern and BoxHill this seasion chasing a score each time. Already got the points this game .Big game against Croydon but the winner should make finals. Seems a much more even division with 10 teams at least still in contention.

brightboy;317581 said:

agree with you . it's such a close comp this year. i have been trying to study this for a while and i think anyone in the top 6 can make finals with any of them as good a chance as each other to win.

i see elsterniwck being the team to shape the top 4. they play 3 of the top 5 teams for the rest of the year. if they can beat some of these sides it will make things very interesting.

i can't pick a top 4, so picking a winner is even harder.

brightboy;317581 said:

agree with you . it's such a close comp this year. i have been trying to study this for a while and i think anyone in the top 6 can make finals with any of them as good a chance as each other to win.

i see elsterniwck being the team to shape the top 4. they play 3 of the top 5 teams for the rest of the year. if they can beat some of these sides it will make things very interesting.

i can't pick a top 4, so picking a winner is even harder.

FG - i'm obviously not ywl or old cocko weapo but i can tell you bubba has had surgery and is out for the season! apparently wont even be able to walk for 6 weeks it was that bad! tore ligaments from the bone. apparently worst injury anyone has ever seen and he said he had never had anything like that in 300 games of AFL .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back