subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Massivs game for the 2's this week... Also for the 1's
should be very interesting at selection night to see who gets picked in the sides.........:p

Massivs game for the 2's this week... Also for the 1's
should be very interesting at selection night to see who gets picked in the sides.........:p

*DaNcE HeRo*;331278 said:
with brunswick and bundoora both losing on the weekend, if brunswick can now beat kew this game, that means the loser of altona willy will still finish top 4. i have a feeling coburg might roll preston this week, hopefully lewis gets a few shots in!

have the feeling that preston will produce the slowest wicket this week and use the rain as an excuse!

*DaNcE HeRo*;331278 said:
with brunswick and bundoora both losing on the weekend, if brunswick can now beat kew this game, that means the loser of altona willy will still finish top 4. i have a feeling coburg might roll preston this week, hopefully lewis gets a few shots in!

have the feeling that preston will produce the slowest wicket this week and use the rain as an excuse!

Gee bit of wet weather on the way. See you at the Rifle....?
I think win lose or draw, we'll catch up in a couple of weeks anyway.

Gee bit of wet weather on the way. See you at the Rifle....?
I think win lose or draw, we'll catch up in a couple of weeks anyway.

Young Willi Lad;331576 said:
Oh someone has chirped um now that they are playing A Turf lol.

It was about weapos form not me?????????
Get a bat will ya.....:eek:

Young Willi Lad;331576 said:
Oh someone has chirped um now that they are playing A Turf lol.

hussler;332701 said:

I realise that, you haven't understood.
Yeh i want a bat, in the last 7 weeks i've faced something like 10 balls lol.
For 4 not out, i've been really busy.

hussler;332701 said:

I realise that, you haven't understood.
Yeh i want a bat, in the last 7 weeks i've faced something like 10 balls lol.
For 4 not out, i've been really busy.

I am all for banter/a chat/ a sledge/ and a chirp. I do it myself a fair bit. But if you direct your talk directly at an opposition player you need to be able back it up or it bites you on the arse ... hard.

Attention: Calum Cook, Leg spinner from Brighton 1st X1.

If you r going to dish it out, you need to be able to (a) back it up with a cricket performance, and/or (b) cop it back and accept it. Neither of which u did 2day.

Some of your commments today included: "This guy bats with a size 6 bat. Bring them in, he cant hit it off the square". Well when you strutted out to bat when ur team needed u to play an important role in the run chase you couldnt hit it off the bloody pitch u were standing on. you didnt do the job. u could not score a run or rotate the strike. u couldnt back up ur talk and as a result made urself look like a complete dick head.

Win, lose or draw after a game u shake hands with the opposition. As kids this is drilled into u. After Brightons loss Cook didnt shake 1 hand of an opposition player. Probably due to emabarasment and realisation of what a fool u made yourself out 2day. Thats just poor sportsmanship. u were beaten by a better team (two years in a row). it must hurt especially losing a game (that u were expected to win) with a finals berth on the line. can anybody say choke.

So this posses the question in the end of season subby awards: who is the biggest tossa/****er in subdistrict cricket. Elsternwick votes Calum Cook from Brighton. have ur say.

I am all for banter/a chat/ a sledge/ and a chirp. I do it myself a fair bit. But if you direct your talk directly at an opposition player you need to be able back it up or it bites you on the arse ... hard.

If you r going to dish it out, you need to be able to (a) back it up with a cricket performance, and/or (b) cop it back and accept it. Neither of which u did 2day.

Some of your commments today included: "This guy bats with a size 6 bat. Bring them in, he cant hit it off the square". Well when you strutted out to bat when ur team needed u to play an important role in the run chase you couldnt hit it off the bloody pitch u were standing on. you didnt do the job. u could not score a run or rotate the strike. u couldnt back up ur talk and as a result made urself look like a complete dick head.

Win, lose or draw after a game u shake hands with the opposition. As kids this is drilled into u. After Brightons loss Cook didnt shake 1 hand of an opposition player. Probably due to emabarasment and realisation of what a fool u made yourself out 2day. Thats just poor sportsmanship. u were beaten by a better team (two years in a row). it must hurt especially losing a game (that u were expected to win) with a finals berth on the line. can anybody say choke.

So this posses the question in the end of season subby awards: who is the biggest tossa/****er in subdistrict cricket. Elsternwick votes Calum Cook from Brighton. have ur say.

Well said Mr Cricket, being a fan of spin bowling myself, it dissapoints me when people like that Cook come along and think they are gods gift to spin bowling. He is a bit of an old knob, with his grey hair and rather bendy elbow at release (ie leg spinning version of murali). A note to all subbie batsmen, when he bowls, he cannot spin the thing. He bowls a variety of straight balls, thats about it. The only way he can get you out is if you think he may actually spin the ball, in which case you are certain to miss it, or when you rate him up there with Paul Harris and therefore try to hit him into another suburb. The latter is a good idea, as it will shut him up from talking about how bad a batsmen you are (its a worry when a someone who has made 2 runs for the entire season doesnt think you can bat), however he may get you out purely because you hate him so much that you strive for that extra "good luck finding that one" hit, in which case you may miss time one and get caught on the boundary if your unlucky.
Calum Cook is a much worser crickter that Simon Beshara, at least Beshara shakes hands and has a drink after the game.

Well said Mr Cricket, being a fan of spin bowling myself, it dissapoints me when people like that Cook come along and think they are gods gift to spin bowling. He is a bit of an old knob, with his grey hair and rather bendy elbow at release (ie leg spinning version of murali). A note to all subbie batsmen, when he bowls, he cannot spin the thing. He bowls a variety of straight balls, thats about it. The only way he can get you out is if you think he may actually spin the ball, in which case you are certain to miss it, or when you rate him up there with Paul Harris and therefore try to hit him into another suburb. The latter is a good idea, as it will shut him up from talking about how bad a batsmen you are (its a worry when a someone who has made 2 runs for the entire season doesnt think you can bat), however he may get you out purely because you hate him so much that you strive for that extra "good luck finding that one" hit, in which case you may miss time one and get caught on the boundary if your unlucky.
Calum Cook is a much worser crickter that Simon Beshara, at least Beshara shakes hands and has a drink after the game.

Mr Cricket: Throwdowns;334174 said:

haha mr cricket... you're really arcing up there. You'll have to work on your yorker bouncer combo for next season

Mr Cricket: Throwdowns;334174 said:

haha mr cricket... you're really arcing up there. You'll have to work on your yorker bouncer combo for next season

bad luck ywl/weapo..

seeing as though you blokes have nothin else to do, wanna give us your expert insight & predictions for semi final weekend?

bad luck ywl/weapo..

seeing as though you blokes have nothin else to do, wanna give us your expert insight & predictions for semi final weekend?

C.Face;334926 said:
bad luck ywl/weapo..

how right you are whilst very dissapointed and still a little mongoed from the weekend sip and giggle i have nothing to say........

good luck to every 1 participating in the finals in all 11's and wish that the best team of the 2 days wins.......and yer i might head out to melton as its just up the road........

we arnt in so dont really care and dont want to tip and no insights from me......sour grapes 1 would say........bloody oath

cheers

C.Face;334926 said:
bad luck ywl/weapo..

how right you are whilst very dissapointed and still a little mongoed from the weekend sip and giggle i have nothing to say........

good luck to every 1 participating in the finals in all 11's and wish that the best team of the 2 days wins.......and yer i might head out to melton as its just up the road........

we arnt in so dont really care and dont want to tip and no insights from me......sour grapes 1 would say........bloody oath

cheers

C.Face;334926 said:
bad luck ywl/weapo..

Yes it was bad luck but we should have won 2 games against sides that didn't make the finals but ay we didn't and for that we miss out.
You would have to back in Melton and Broadmedows to make the grand final.
They have been the stand out performers all season and you think they deserve to make it.
But as we all know its the best sides on the day who win but i'm willing to back them in.
I rate Melton as a batting side and Broady as a bowling side.
The only bat Broady have is their skipper Lawson who has had an outstanding season with 559 runs at 43 and he got 95 against Melton last round.
If he can make runs and Syed and Ruuska can get wickets Broady should get over Coburg who aren't that good.

I think Melton should beat Balwyn comfortably. The eveness of the batting with Kennedy, you yourself C.Face and Merlo should make enough runs. Balwyn's bowling isn't very strong and you should win the game their. Kiker is the key for Balwyn with the bat but he has been out of form recently so that favours you guys.
I'm tipping an all west grand final.

C.Face;334926 said:
bad luck ywl/weapo..

Yes it was bad luck but we should have won 2 games against sides that didn't make the finals but ay we didn't and for that we miss out.
You would have to back in Melton and Broadmedows to make the grand final.
They have been the stand out performers all season and you think they deserve to make it.
But as we all know its the best sides on the day who win but i'm willing to back them in.
I rate Melton as a batting side and Broady as a bowling side.
The only bat Broady have is their skipper Lawson who has had an outstanding season with 559 runs at 43 and he got 95 against Melton last round.
If he can make runs and Syed and Ruuska can get wickets Broady should get over Coburg who aren't that good.

I think Melton should beat Balwyn comfortably. The eveness of the batting with Kennedy, you yourself C.Face and Merlo should make enough runs. Balwyn's bowling isn't very strong and you should win the game their. Kiker is the key for Balwyn with the bat but he has been out of form recently so that favours you guys.
I'm tipping an all west grand final.

What affect will this weather have on your team's finals prospects?

And has any curator put any covers down yet?

p-toe;335971 said:

surely not an issue - BH had centre wicket last night. so will be very suprised if we turn up tomorrow at oakleigh to an under prepared wicket

p-toe;335971 said:

surely not an issue - BH had centre wicket last night. so will be very suprised if we turn up tomorrow at oakleigh to an under prepared wicket

I think it's a little unfair that a player from Elsternwick(Cam Christiansen) can post on Big Cricket and basically sledge individuals from other clubs. He(Cam Christiansen) has sledged Callum Cook throughout the week and prior to that had sledged our club coach Simon Beshara. He(Cam Christiansen)should actually be accurate before he decides to open his big mouth. Maybe the next question should be who is the softest individual in Sub District Cricket? no doubt he would top the list. It's humerous how certain individuals(Cam Christiansen, Oakleigh Scorer) can act all high and mighty behind a computer screen but in person are 2 of the biggest soft C*C*K* going around.

I think it's a little unfair that a player from Elsternwick(Cam Christiansen) can post on Big Cricket and basically sledge individuals from other clubs. He(Cam Christiansen) has sledged Callum Cook throughout the week and prior to that had sledged our club coach Simon Beshara. He(Cam Christiansen)should actually be accurate before he decides to open his big mouth. Maybe the next question should be who is the softest individual in Sub District Cricket? no doubt he would top the list. It's humerous how certain individuals(Cam Christiansen, Oakleigh Scorer) can act all high and mighty behind a computer screen but in person are 2 of the biggest soft C*C*K* going around.

Hey Mondo21,

Do you actually know what my name is and what I look like?

Because I actually don't know who the hell you are.

Hey Mondo21,

Do you actually know what my name is and what I look like?

Because I actually don't know who the hell you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back