Subbies Thread

There must be a lot of love at Caulfield Park, or COLA has just reached the Subbies!

It appears that some clubs are just MORE equal than others!

They have lost Guthrie back to Beauy and Schwarze is heading to premier cricket, so they have to replace them with blokes who just love playing with their mates or up and coming juniors.

Interesting. Williamstown were apparently having a big crack at Dorey through Inness. Word is he won't be playing all games as he is working on the rigs.

Need to start policing the only 2 paid players a club rule a little more seriously. May as well not have it at this point.

Mail is correct we were hopeful of securing Dorey through Inness but he is living with Ryan Webster so Caulfield were always favourite to get him. About 6 games is what i'm aware of as he is a month on month off with work. Cat bat too so will be very handy at this level.

like no promotion or relegation where the same teams are up the top and the bottom and getting money handouts to keep them afloat
It is wrong to presume that all clubs at the bottom of the ladder are using the dividend to keep afloat, just like it is wrong to presume that clubs just use the dividend to buy players. If you think $9000 is what is stacking the top teams you are kidding yourself. Sure for some teams it may be the case, but not the broad brush you suggest. Personally it does not bother me if the dividend goes. My club will be fine. It just comes across as an excuse to bash VSDCA clubs.

If we have promotion and relegation we may as well become the VTCA as we will have no point of difference. We mix up our competition every year by playing 7 new teams, and over the last 5 or 6 years I can only think of Sunshine and maybe Croydon and Moorabbin who have not played at least one 1st XI final. Sounds pretty competitive to me.

The thing is that it will become one and that is good for turf cricket against these hard wicket fools who think they are worldbeaters

Any talk on coaches for Brighton & Moorabbin?
Not heard about coaches but heard that Pradeep isnt returning and their captain from last year Sheehan has also left, massive chance to pick up the spoon this year. Who knows whats happening down at Brighton, no coach no ground... Players?

Not heard about coaches but heard that Pradeep isnt returning and their captain from last year Sheehan has also left, massive chance to pick up the spoon this year. Who knows whats happening down at Brighton, no coach no ground... Players?

Who knows, who cares? The candy man doesn't!

Mail is correct we were hopeful of securing Dorey through Inness but he is living with Ryan Webster so Caulfield were always favourite to get him. About 6 games is what i'm aware of as he is a month on month off with work. Cat bat too so will be very handy at this level.

The bloke is 36 and retired 3 years ago having not bowled a ball since. He will not be worth the money he's likely to be getting

Where has Fernando gone?

Fernando has gone to a local club (non-Sub District) in the Western suburbs as captain/coach I think.

My North-West ladder prediction:

Plenty Valley
Werribee
Altona
Kew
Brunswick
Balwyn
Melton
Williamstown
Ivanhoe
Preston
Sunshine
Not bad. I think Werribee will be stung a bit into action and win it. Whilst Plenty Valley will be up there, not convinced the likes of Ayrsey will have another season that prolific. And you can guarantee Melton won't finish out of the 6 with their recruits, which include Mick Allen!

Fernando has gone to a local club (non-Sub District) in the Western suburbs as captain/coach I think.

My North-West ladder prediction:

Plenty Valley
Werribee
Altona
Kew
Brunswick
Balwyn
Melton
Williamstown
Ivanhoe
Preston
Sunshine

Very interesting.

Melton to miss the 6, would have them top 3 myself.

Can't see Yarraville having a particularly strong year with 3 of their 4 best players gone from last year and no new recruits as I am aware.

Be pretty confident that with a fully fit Inness (which we have never had besides his first 3 games), the recruitment of Gillard and another season into our younger players that we would finish a fair bit higher than 10th.

Very interesting.

Melton to miss the 6, would have them top 3 myself.

Can't see Yarraville having a particularly strong year with 3 of their 4 best players gone from last year and no new recruits as I am aware.

Be pretty confident that with a fully fit Inness (which we have never had besides his first 3 games), the recruitment of Gillard and another season into our younger players that we would finish a fair bit higher than 10th.

I must have missed the guys Melton have recruited? (apart from Mick Allen)

Back