Subbies Thread

Sweeney? Had to look him up on mycricket to figure out who he was. Surely he's not a big name down at brighton is he? His numbers seemed to suggest he's a fairly ordinary sort of a player.

Moorabbin are completely ************.
Why is Brighton being so secretive with their signings? We are only 6 weeks from rd 1. Ormond have signed a bat from Richmond not sure of the name will look into it.
Surely Melton will be be back in the mix with Mick Allan back in action?

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly top bloke. Secretary for several years. Solid subbies player. Has gone to West Bentleigh as Captain /Ass Coach. Recently married. Brighton announced to members Will Rhodes coming. Current England U19 Capt and Yorkshire player. Coaching set up same as last year so no announcements needed.Like most clubs have lost some and gained some. Bit hard with footy still going and players committed to that. SOme say they will have a rest then get the urge in Spring to play again.

I am sure they would be very different. Hopefully Dandenong members vote against but difficult to see that occurring if all they have to give up is a few square metres of wall space for some dusty honour boards. I suspect the financial benefits will be considerable. They won't gain very much by way of players so really what other incentive could there be?
FYI, believe the $ benefits are $150K upfront and a double dividend for 3 years!

FYI, believe the $ benefits are $150K upfront and a double dividend for 3 years!

Well that would be a slam dunk for DCC members, would be irresponsible to vote against that kind of $$$. Still has to pass HMU members though, wonder what they would prefer, keep their identity in a new location or be taken over by Dandenong?

Well that would be a slam dunk for DCC members, would be irresponsible to vote against that kind of $$$. Still has to pass HMU members though, wonder what they would prefer, keep their identity in a new location or be taken over by Dandenong?
I wonder how many voting members they would actually have? The merger makes a lot of sense with richmond being so close. Might allow melton or Plenty Valley in to premier?

I wonder how many voting members they would actually have? The merger makes a lot of sense with richmond being so close. Might allow melton or Plenty Valley in to premier?
HMU don't have much of an option, will be booted off Monash Uni at the end of this season, need to find a ground.
Other thing is that Cricket Australia have advised that premier Cricket Clubs need to be reduced. Odds are there will be another merger at some point in the future.

Yarraville have some very talented juniour players such as Jones, Cross, Raymer & co. It may be time for them to become regular 1stXI players.

In the north group kew looks like they will be strong with 2 handy ins . PV will continue to be a contender with there strong list no reports out of coburg balywn and ivanhoe any news ? Hear preston look to be very weak losing Hanif Humphrys Brindley Lowe Sachetta all first xi players will be tough year for those boys. Brunswick i think will go well werent to far off the mark last year .

In the President's newsletter to members.Will only be certain when he gets off the plane. King still at Caulfield after being chased by local SECA clubs.

Back