Super Eights - Ireland v England

Re: Super Eights - Ireland v England

OVER 7: Anderson: 0-0-4-1-1-0
26-2: Mahmood had a field that included four slips in the last over, Anderson only gets one, go figure that. Porterfield collects the first boundary of the innings with a straight drive eased back past the bowler.

YABBA DABBA DOO pt. TWO

OVER 8: Flintoff: 4-1-0-1-0-0
32-2: Flintoff brought into the attack, given the hot conditions Vaughan is likely to want his fast bowlers to operate in short spells. O'Brien gets an inside edge back past his stumps and away for four from Flintoff's first ball.

OVER 10: Flintoff: 1-0-0-0-3nb-1
41-2: England have been excellent in the field so far, Bell runs down another ball close to the boundary to save a run.

Ireland 50-2 after 12.

They're looking pretty decent so far. The two early wickets didn't help, but this looks like it could be a useful partnership.

I don't know if they'll win today, but once again, they're keeping it respectable.

Quimby, it's considered inappropriate to copy from other websites, so please refrain from doing so.

thanks

OVER 12: Flintoff: 4-1-2-0-1-0
50-2: O'Brien drives square and on the up for a boundary prompting a quizzical look from Flintoff along the lines of 'where did that come from?'. Don't think the big man was too impressed.

Off to grab a smoke but shall return in a jiff. After 23.1 overs, it does not bode well for Ireland. 92-3, chasin 175, and their run rate has dropped below 4, at 3.94

100-3 after 25

The required rate continues to creep upwards. Ireland will need a few more boundaries soon, or else it'll creep right out of reach.

The Irish are trying to smack away but come up for naught, sniping a single here, a single there. They are way off target 113-3 after 28.3 overs

Botha gone for 18

116-4 after 29.5

The required rate is now seven and a half per over from the final 20 overs.
Not very promising. But still possible.

A few good overs would help matters.

OUCH!! Another one bites the dust! Cleazer, do you think they have the batmen for that required rate?? I think the early wickets did them in.

Run rate down to 3.79. It is going in the wrong direction!! A single here a single there will not cut the mustard!! 35 overs/ 133-4, 3.80 run rate and chasing 134

Ireland is really trying to fight their way through this one. With 14 overs left at a rate of 9 runs per over, I think its time to pick up the pace a bit. They still have 6 wickets remaining, so they could take a risk

Both O'Briens are out!

139-6, and this one is safely in England's column now.

Me and my big mouth,!!
Ireland just lost 2 quick wickets.
140/6

Back