Super Eights - New Zealand vs West Indies

Re: Super Eights - New Zealand vs West Indies

Goodness, I missed a lot of action. Looks like the windies are fighting hard to defend their total of 177. If the wickets keep coming this may end up another close match like the one yesterday with South Aficica and Sri Lanka

unfortunately for me i'm not having the luxury of actually watching this game live, like the rest of you. I'm dependent on Cric Info's information.

unfortunately for me i'm not having the luxury of actually watching this game live, like the rest of you. I'm dependent on Cric Info's information.

New Zealand 87-3 after 25

If rain stopped the match right now (and it's been raining for quite a while), the D/L par score would be 89, so West Indies would win by 2 runs.

marlyminks;149250 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I am at work, watching the cricinfo animation.

115-3 after 29

Styris and McMillan are looking comfortable out there. West Indies need to break this partnership within the next over or two, or else the Kiwis will be too close to victory for the Windies to be able to stop them.

The covers come on and less than 30 seconds later, the rain slows down significantly. Go figure.

I'm sure there will be more play today, and probably pretty soon too. New Zealand is 130-3 after 31.4, and well ahead via the D/L calculations. When play starts up again, West Indies need to take some wickets, and fast.

yep, styris retains good form and the kiwis are now in the top of the point table with australia. they have outplayed caribbeans in every department and deserve full credit.

A big 7 wicket win in the end.
Styris really took that game over after Fleming went.

Despite their injuries, the Kiwis are still looking like they'll have a decent shot in the later rounds.

they finishes the job with 64 balls in hand, hats off to styris. good support from mcmillan. caribbeans need much improvement in all department to keep their hope alive.

Back