The Lounge 2

Congrats to the Matildas who have been doing an amazing job!
Be incredible if the girls won it. Our semi final is against Jessica's England. If there is something that will always lift Australia above the normal it is the chance to defeat the Poms. How has Germany been going mate.

Last edited:
Be incredible if the girls won it. Our semi final is against Jessica's England. If there is something that will always lift Australia above the normal it is the chance to defeat the Poms. How has Germany been going mate.
Looking forward to watching it. Might become a classic in future. Germany is out, failing completely as early as in the group stage. It was almost seen as a national tragedy since they had never been kicked out so early.
Things may turn into a national trauma because the men's team has been sent home in the group stage twice in a row and now the women didn't get through either.
Reminds me of a video Gary Lineker produced after our failure in Qatar last year. He qualified a well-known sentence: “Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.” with the proviso: If they get through the group stage, followed by wild laughter.

It took the Matildas 20 goals to reach the semi. If you haven't seen it, watch a summary of the last match with a nail-biting penalty shootout.👍

Last edited:
Looking forward to watching it. Might become a classic in future. Germany is out, failing completely as early as in the group stage. It was almost seen as a national tragedy since they had never been kicked out so early.
Things may turn into a national trauma because the men's team has been sent home in the group stage twice in a row and now the women didn't get through either.
Reminds me of a video Gary Lineker produced after our failure in Qatar last year. He qualified a well-known sentence: “Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.” with the proviso: If they get through the group stage, followed by wild laughter.

It took the Matildas 20 goals to reach the semi. If you haven't seen it, watch a summary of the last match with a nail-biting penalty shootout.👍
Just watched the shootout, yes was nail-biting. The Tillies kept their nerve even after one of our saves was disallowed. Not sure why.

Last edited:
Ritchie my friend, I am an Honorary Aussie and support Aussie teams, I have no time for the England team, they are overrated and flaunt their lesbianism. Give me Aussie sports anyday! 🤗

The Tillies kept their nerve even after one of our saves was disallowed. Not sure why.
Me neither. Watched it again but there was no respective comment. Didn't even notice that one was disallowed. The only explanation probably is that the ball was behind the line.
Spain made it into the final and would be waiting for the Tillies.

Crikey, well done the Matildas. That last penalty shoot out was hard to watch being so tense.. Our Goalie was brilliant!

Good on you Jessica wishing our Aussie Girls well and the Tilda's could well win too. We'll see!

Interestingly, the series has attracted many, many more now interested in "The Game", Football/Soccer.
Kids love it. Girls and Women watch and play it too more and more , and now our National Team is excelling, inspiring, and even shinning with the hope of a small 'Down Under' Continent behind them.

Australia has often punched above its weight sport wise. Probably so from the Irish Genetic Blue prints and/or the pints of Guinness drunk.

🍺 Terry

Australia has often punched above its weight sport wise. Probably so from the Irish Genetic Blue prints and/or the pints of Guinness drunk.
Terry are you saying that it is the Irish genetic line that makes Aussies such a strong sporting nation. I'll go along with that, battling the British for centuries, the potato famine, the Eureka Rebellion.

Didn't even notice that one was disallowed.
It was late in the shootout with scores tied from memory when our goalie pulled off a brilliant diving save which the French protested, it then went to a review which must have gone the Frances way as the shot was retaken by the same player. Luckily our girl saved the repeat shot and it was left to our last girl to slot home the winner.

It was late in the shootout with scores tied from memory when our goalie pulled off a brilliant diving save which the French protested, it then went to a review which must have gone the Frances way as the shot was retaken by the same player. Luckily our girl saved the repeat shot and it was left to our last girl to slot home the winner.
OK. That was not included in the match summary I watched.

Has anyone of you actually taken into account the loyalty conflict I'm having while watching today's semi - at a very unusual time, BTW? It's all clear for each of you it seems but not that easy for me. See that?

Hello, it's 21:20 in Sydney now, 19:20 in Perth, and 13:20 in central Europe. Who's watching? 1:0....................no, at this moment Sam Kerr is scoring the first goal for AUS. First-class match worth watching. :thumbsu:

Hello, it's 21:20 in Sydney now, 19:20 in Perth, and 13:20 in central Europe. Who's watching? 1:0....................no, at this moment Sam Kerr is scoring the first goal for AUS. First-class match worth watching. :thumbsu:
Who do you want to win Thomas?
I want the Aussie girls to win! 🤗

Back