The Lounge

3 Sussex chicks have hatched early tonight, hopefully the rest of the eggs come good tomorrow with a lot more little ones :)
The hatchings ended up being a bit disappointing.. 7/8 from one, 1/3 from another and the last hen bloody none worked 0/6.

Am looking forward to watching the cricket test that starts tomorrow morning. Should be fantastic. Nice touch by Cricket Australia to name the late Phil Hughes as the 13th man.

That's good, earn a few bucks on the uni summer holidays? What sort of events are they?

Pretty much. Also, no one gets a student allowance over the holidays so need money from somewhere. I already have a very casual umpiring job but this will ensure I have enough to pay the bills while giving me some much needed experience!

EDIT: It's going to vary I believe but my first event was some sort of private party for some Islanders. It was in a five star hotel as well!

Pretty much. Also, no one gets a student allowance over the holidays so need money from somewhere. I already have a very casual umpiring job but this will ensure I have enough to pay the bills while giving me some much needed experience!

EDIT: It's going to vary I believe but my first event was some sort of private party for some Islanders. It was in a five star hotel as well!
Nice effort. Hope it all works out for you.

Interesting, I got student payments all through the holidays over here when I went to tech school around 2000-1, pretty sure it would still the same now.

Well I could get student hardship payments but I would have to pay them back..

The student allowance we get through the year doesn't have to get paid back, it's fantastic!

The back neighbours two cats both had a litter of four kittens each. The younger mother cat came and jumped on my lap earlier tonight and was purring loudly.

Well I could get student hardship payments but I would have to pay them back..

The student allowance we get through the year doesn't have to get paid back, it's fantastic!
If it's social security payments you don't have to pay them back. If you are talking loans then yeah you have to pay them back.

The back neighbours two cats both had a litter of four kittens each. The younger mother cat came and jumped on my lap earlier tonight and was purring loudly.
Well I hope they now get the mums sterilised now though, I really like cats but there are enough unwanted kittens and stray cats around these days.

Well I hope they now get the mums sterilised now though, I really like cats but there are enough unwanted kittens and stray cats around these days.
Same here. However, they are street cats and because they found us we don't know who they belong to. They are both timid and hard to catch. The younger one doesn't mind a pat every now and then but they are very wary of everyone.

Back