Videos and Links

Dave, that video is nearly 4 years old. Post something a bit more recent if you want a more reliable comment. As for what Parbs88 was saying, watch where your back foot lands and then where your front foot lands (helpfully often near the white line on the tarmac), convention says you 'shouldn't' be that crossed over ie why is your left leg way outside where your right leg landed in relation to your direction of travel (towards the batter)?

Shane Warne master class - I never saw this one before. Shows you the grip and release nicely.

G
Dave, that video is nearly 4 years old. Post something a bit more recent if you want a more reliable comment. As for what Parbs88 was saying, watch where your back foot lands and then where your front foot lands (helpfully often near the white line on the tarmac), convention says you 'shouldn't' be that crossed over ie why is your left leg way outside where your right leg landed in relation to your direction of travel (towards the batter)?

Cheers Tony, yeah I can see what you and Parbs means now. I did video a couple of deliveries indoors last weekend, I was more worried about the level of intensity with that one and the fact that the leg coming through looked redundant. I'll have a look at it again regarding this over-rotation aspect as well. I am probably at my lowest ebb fitness-wise at the moment, just wondering what I can do to get back on it. I need to ease myself in a bit.

Something a bit different. I've been having a look at softball pitching lately - that's the baseball for girls where they throw underarm... like old-fashioned lobster bowling. Now the girls can throw at 70mph underarm, and the ball is heavier than a cricket ball. And check this guy out, Eddie Feigner, clocked at 104mph!!!

Cheers Tony, yeah I can see what you and Parbs means now. I did video a couple of deliveries indoors last weekend, I was more worried about the level of intensity with that one and the fact that the leg coming through looked redundant. I'll have a look at it again regarding this over-rotation aspect as well. I am probably at my lowest ebb fitness-wise at the moment, just wondering what I can do to get back on it. I need to ease myself in a bit.

I agree with Chino#21, no problems with that and you'll find a lot of leg spinners do it.

Something a bit different. I've been having a look at softball pitching lately - that's the baseball for girls where they throw underarm... like old-fashioned lobster bowling. Now the girls can throw at 70mph underarm, and the ball is heavier than a cricket ball. And check this guy out, Eddie Feigner, clocked at 104mph!!!

What the hell is that even allowed?

Something a bit different, a 14yo leg spinner that plays for the Wellington women's team. Here she is helping them to the domestic T20 title:

Superb! I'm a big fan of Women's cricket and to see this girl bowling wrist spin is great. Let's hope she goes through to play for the Kiwis and I get to see her here in the UK some day! Great stuff.

I agree with Chino#21, no problems with that and you'll find a lot of leg spinners do it.
I had another go this weekend with both sons and tried to get a bit more dynamic, I actually think that more of a dynamic action with the leg puts a bit more of something on the ball. I'll have to look at the vid and see if it's worth up-loading. Batted well though against both of them - bit more aggression, surprised myself, need to take it to the nets though soon and see if I can repeat it there.

Back