Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

Charles;407995 said:
Any recruitment news? I've heard a few whispers in the wind.

well spill the beans....

lost big lucky who won our bowling ave to district cricket(might find it tough due to his work commitments so we may have him back) and a couple of younger players also to district........

StAndrewsman;407966 said:
You should know better, round 1 will be called off, although Angliss Pitches are looking immaculate, probably because no footy on there. In the VTCA we plan for a round 2-3 start as per usual :p

With B2 (your seconds) Clear the Pickets, there will be 3 teams that have to play on matts as there is no turf grounds but it is still b-turf 2, C composite only has 1 turf ground in it from what I gather. Have you kept your players ffrom last season? Leroy still coaching on a packet? Least he will be on turf now

Yeah we retained most and yes Leigh is still coaching, but I wouldnt say he is on a packet as our club normally doesnt pay a lot for their coaches, and the coaching staff are the only ones who do get paid, most i would say play for the love of the club and a chance to play with their mates, and Leigh is a classic example of that he could get a lot more playing elsewhere but he played his juniors at the club and then seniors, which our seniors this year celebrate 10 years since our first senior team competed so it should be a good year, with the added fact of also joining the willy comp. Its good that your firsts and 2nds will be playing the same teams, similar to VTCA, and FCA ,And SCA of old. And all the boys are looking forward to the challenge of returning to turf as are some of our younger players coming out of juniors this year who will probably get a crack on turf some time throughout the year.

any one know when the fixtures will be released. hopefully soon. weapons you still a bowler mate.

dogs1988;408089 said:
any one know when the fixtures will be released. hopefully soon. weapons you still a bowler mate.

i dont know about mate.......and i dont know about bowling.......:cool:

fixtures.....a-turf is done(but not on mycricket) and the rest within the next week or 2

weapons05/06;408095 said:
i dont know about mate.......and i dont know about bowling.......:cool:

fixtures.....a-turf is done(but not on mycricket) and the rest within the next week or 2

where is ur team a2. also wat goin to happen with all the melton teams?:cool:

Clear The Pickets;408068 said:
Yeah we retained most and yes Leigh is still coaching, but I wouldnt say he is on a packet as our club normally doesnt pay a lot for their coaches, and the coaching staff are the only ones who do get paid, most i would say play for the love of the club and a chance to play with their mates, and Leigh is a classic example of that he could get a lot more playing elsewhere but he played his juniors at the club and then seniors, which our seniors this year celebrate 10 years since our first senior team competed so it should be a good year, with the added fact of also joining the willy comp. Its good that your firsts and 2nds will be playing the same teams, similar to VTCA, and FCA ,And SCA of old. And all the boys are looking forward to the challenge of returning to turf as are some of our younger players coming out of juniors this year who will probably get a crack on turf some time throughout the year.

depends what you think a packet is. I know a few years ago he signed for Aberfeldie but came back to south because he was offerred more there. Dunno what you are at your club (as in committee, player etc) but seems as though the inner workings of the club doesnt get round to everyone involved but the info has been passed round to people that have nothing to do with the club. Research needed. Also heard that Melton will not be getting a turf ground for 5 years minimum. Good luck on the matts (yet again) :cool:

StAndrewsman;408107 said:
depends what you think a packet is. I know a few years ago he signed for Aberfeldie but came back to south because he was offerred more there. Dunno what you are at your club (as in committee, player etc) but seems as though the inner workings of the club doesnt get round to everyone involved but the info has been passed round to people that have nothing to do with the club. Research needed. Also heard that Melton will not be getting a turf ground for 5 years minimum. Good luck on the matts (yet again) :cool:

Leigh came back to the club rather than play at aberfeldie as there was an opportunity there for him to coach the club at senior level (which he has done an excellent job) where he played and also coached juniors. And Im not sure what exactly he was offered at Aberfeldie but i would guess he would of got more guaranteed $ as a coach as our club who didnt pay incentivess to coaches just a flat rate, where at Aberfeldie there would have been an incentive base there somewhere i would think, so if you dont perform you dont get paid (which is fair enough). Unlike some clubs in other comps over the years who have been paying players up to in excess of $10000 to play with them our club doesnt pay players or offer incentives. As for the ground situation i know our committtee is working hard with the Melton council in trying to achieve its goal of a turf wicket thus allowing our senior and junior players a chance to play turf cricket. I am only a player at the club not on the committee but do have an inerest and know what goes on, and to me a packet how long is a piece of string and money is not everyhting enjoying your cricket with your mates is. Also I wouldn't believe everything you've heard I still remember playing the game at school where you passed a message down the line, at the start the boy walked down the street to the shop by then end he was on a bike had his dog and wasnt going to the shop. I believe you've been miss-informed:D

Clear The Pickets;408122 said:
Leigh came back to the club rather than play at aberfeldie as there was an opportunity there for him to coach the club at senior level (which he has done an excellent job) where he played and also coached juniors. And Im not sure what exactly he was offered at Aberfeldie but i would guess he would of got more guaranteed $ as a coach as our club who didnt pay incentivess to coaches just a flat rate, where at Aberfeldie there would have been an incentive base there somewhere i would think, so if you dont perform you dont get paid (which is fair enough). Unlike some clubs in other comps over the years who have been paying players up to in excess of $10000 to play with them our club doesnt pay players or offer incentives. As for the ground situation i know our committtee is working hard with the Melton council in trying to achieve its goal of a turf wicket thus allowing our senior and junior players a chance to play turf cricket. I am only a player at the club not on the committee but do have an inerest and know what goes on, and to me a packet how long is a piece of string and money is not everyhting enjoying your cricket with your mates is. Also I wouldn't believe everything you've heard I still remember playing the game at school where you passed a message down the line, at the start the boy walked down the street to the shop by then end he was on a bike had his dog and wasnt going to the shop. I believe you've been miss-informed:D

To me a packet would be 5000+ Don't know how mis informed I can be, spoke to someone in the know from the other side. His response was, it costs too much to make and to maintain. Also the person said that there are 2 turf grounds there already so if they want to play turf cricket they should go there. (I know it is only 1 club but thats what the person told me). I hope you get it because you cant be in a turf grade and play matts all the time, and you guys have players that are too good for matts. Good thing for opposition clubs though, 1s are at home all the time against you guys and centrals.

StAndrewsman;408148 said:
To me a packet would be 5000+ Don't know how mis informed I can be, spoke to someone in the know from the other side. His response was, it costs too much to make and to maintain. Also the person said that there are 2 turf grounds there already so if they want to play turf cricket they should go there. (I know it is only 1 club but thats what the person told me). I hope you get it because you cant be in a turf grade and play matts all the time, and you guys have players that are too good for matts. Good thing for opposition clubs though, 1s are at home all the time against you guys and centrals.

gee i must be on a packet then.......i thought i was getting underpaid.....:eek:

the melton clubs have inquired about our dung hill......but unlucky for them we have 2 turf teams this year and taylors lakes are playing on the sunday!!!

and yes home games are good games!!!!;)

On leighs packett you are well miss informed there would be no way he would be on that much. The 2 turf grounds are the Melton subbies grounds which we cannot get access to they have had them for years and play their 1s and 2s on the main oval and 3s and 4s on the other. There has been talk of building a new ground up there at maccy but who knows when. :)

GlenOrden Sports Club, Kookaburra Ave, Werribee is look for players for the Summer season, we are trying for teams in C Comp, B Turf 2's, and one dayers.

We have lost a lot of last years players to clubs who are paying big $$'s.

Hence if your looking for a friendly club. Then give us a hoy. Training for Seniors is on Thursday nights at this stage.

We are also looking for Junior Players. Juniors Train Tuesdays and Wednesday nights.

weapons05/06;408149 said:
gee i must be on a packet then.......i thought i was getting underpaid.....:eek:

the melton clubs have inquired about our dung hill......but unlucky for them we have 2 turf teams this year and taylors lakes are playing on the sunday!!!

imgres

imgres

imgres

On ya weapons

0-1-fat-man.jpg

Clear The Pickets;408205 said:
On leighs packett you are well miss informed there would be no way he would be on that much. The 2 turf grounds are the Melton subbies grounds which we cannot get access to they have had them for years and play their 1s and 2s on the main oval and 3s and 4s on the other. There has been talk of building a new ground up there at maccy but who knows when. :)

he must have got a paycutover the last few seasons then as he was on a fair whack when we were in the churches. And that is the council's excuse that there is 2 grounds of turf in Melton already. There won't be another turf ground for at least 5 seasons unless there is downpour galore in Melton for the next year, that is non stop rain lol. Hope it does come to you sooner than that but not likely. good luck with it

pg_132385_548832183.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back