1st Test: Australia Vs India in Melbourne

1st Test: Australia Vs India in Melbourne

how are we going to go???

is anyone here going?
where abouts are you sitting???

Full pace attack or should we include a spinner?

feel free to talk about anything to do with this game.

cheers
shano

Re: 1st Test: Australia Vs India in Melbourne

shano_byc_legend;199208 said:

Who are "we"?

Oh, you mean India?

We're going to do just fine. Those Aussies don't have Warne or McGrath anymore. Last time India toured Australia, Steve Waugh retired around that time. The Australian team this time around isn't as strong as back then. And we gave them pretty good fight on that tour. My biggest concern about us is about fielding, we really need to be extremely disciplined and fit. Making fielding mistakes against an opponent like Australia won't help our cause.

what do you mean who are we???

we are the aussies nah jks

should be a good game

i admit we are not as strong but we have some very good younger/inexpierienced players

SouthSwans;199211 said:
"We", the Australians will win by an innings and 400 runs. :p

"We" the Indians think those foolish opponents are getting ahead of themselves with absurd predictions. Which is just fine by us. Nothing better than surprising opponents who are bit arrogant. :p

is anyone here going?

shano

You, fine sir, are engaging in mean spiritedness, laughing at the poor blokes on the other side of the world with no means of getting there.

Meany!! :p

Seriously, enjoy it. Have a nice cool one for me!!

Chandu;199220 said:
"We" the Indians think those foolish opponents are getting ahead of themselves with absurd predictions. Which is just fine by us. Nothing better than surprising opponents who are bit arrogant. :p

Australia will trash India like little bitches, they are an absolute joke when they have to play away from their home sh#patch:eek:

India will be lucky to even draw 1 match . . 4 - Nil is very likely @|

I'm still unsure about India. The series against Pakistan they were pretty good but you must admit Pakistan aren't much of a side at the moment.

It depends which India shows up. Will we see the good India or the bad India?

shano_byc_legend said:

is anyone here going?

cheers
shano

Hogg should play. I can't see Tait in the test side unless one of the current quicks gets injured or falls out of form. The Australian selectors won't go into the game without a spinner, the same as they won't go into any test match without a designated all-rounder (i.e. Symonds or Watson). I'd be quite surprised if they decided to play four quicks and left Hogg out.

I also think Hogg should be batting at eight. I really don't think Brett Lee is number eight quality. Lee's batting has improved greatly but I think Hogg is a much better batsman.

Kram81;199251 said:
Australia will trash India like little bitches, they are an absolute joke when they have to play away from their home sh#patch:eek:

India will be lucky to even draw 1 match . . 4 - Nil is very likely @|

Yeah, yeah. Keep those predictions coming. More arrogant ones, the better. The real joy will be after the series is over.

Well, obviously Kumble the spin master is a lock. And count on Harbhajan to be there too.

Then it is Irfan Pathan and Zaheer Khan. I don't think Ishant Sharma is experienced enough for such a big test yet. RP Singh to be added as a 5th bowler is iffy, based on if we want to put emphasis on more batsmen or bowlers.

ok you see the way i figured.

i would much rather tait in the side then hogg and this is just because i am going and want to see lee and tait kill the indians.

BUT

you have always got to include a spinner

then again we have always got m.clarke and simmo who can bowl spin but i would rather a full time spin bowler if thats what i can call hogg compared to clarke and simmo.

will wait and see though.

sorry mate i didnt mean to discriminate or disrepect anyone i just really want the aussies to win.

My Prediction Australia 2 India 1 Drawn 1

I feel we should go with the four quicks, as hogg, as good a limited overs bowler he may be, simply isn't up to test standard, they should have gone with Bryce McGain as the spinner in the squad.

Chandu;199288 said:
Well, obviously Kumble the spin master is a lock. And count on Harbhajan to be there too.

Then it is Irfan Pathan and Zaheer Khan. I don't think Ishant Sharma is experienced enough for such a big test yet. RP Singh to be added as a 5th bowler is iffy, based on if we want to put emphasis on more batsmen or bowlers.

Pathan is crap. Massively over-rated.

simmo_ said:
I feel we should go with the four quicks, as hogg, as good a limited overs bowler he may be, simply isn't up to test standard, they should have gone with Bryce McGain as the spinner in the squad.

No way! McGain's season has been good but nowhere near good enough for test selection. Hogg is the obvious choice if MagCill is unavailable, he has the proven track record.

mate that was 3 years ago

since then

hussey has gotten way better
so has clarke
and simmo is becoming more consisitent
and lee,clark,johnson are extremely consistent

will win without a doubt

shano_byc_legend;199346 said:
mate that was 3 years ago

Of course, I know that. But look at his categorical statement:

"...they are an absolute joke when they have to play away from their home sh#patch"

As in, he seems to believe above statement is always true. Now, look at these 2 results in 2007 and 2006:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvind/engine/match/258469.html

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wivind/engine/match/239923.html

I know that Australia are a far stronger side than England and West Indies. Everyone knows that. But that's not the point.

The point is that Kram made a categorical statement with nothing to back up, pretty much stating "India are always crap when they play away from home pitches/conditions". I'm showing you evidence which cannot back it up. Historically, India used to have problems playing on English soil. But they didn't do so bad in tests there in 2007.

Now, I know that India were utter crap against South Africa on their soil earlier in 2007. That's the thing about India. They're somewhat schizophrenic. As someone said above earlier in the thread, it all depends on which India shows up. But don't go about categorically stating "India are always crap away from home", as that is simply not true. (And that last statement is not directed to you personally Shano.) It is quite possible that the "real" India will show up, not the one which toured South Africa.

shano_byc_legend;199364 said:
and im hoping the "real" india do show up because then it will be a much better series.

So am I. It will be fun if they do!!! Just like in 2003-04!!!

If the "real" India doesn't show up, they will end up dead an buried. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make that prediction. But if the other India shows up, it will be hell of fun!!!

I'm sure people in Australia were disappointed when a crap England side showed up for the Ashes. There is no fun in beating up on opponents who are demoralized and have nothing competitive about them.

Back