2010 / 11 general chat.

Re: 2010 / 11 general chat.

The bonus points system makes the VTCA very unique. It means that the best teams don't play finals and the worst teams don't get relegated. Go figure.

OnTheLookout;406580 said:
Correct - motion was defeated 32-12... :(

On brighter note, VTCA has its own facebook page under name "Victorian Turf"... worth adding guys to keep in touch with news / decisions etc....

They should have made it a fan page, easier option.

Battler;406707 said:
They should have made it a fan page, easier option.

agree 100% on this... they've created VTCA as a person when it should be a fan page/group. it's a potential security risk when people have their personal details set to "friends of friends", then anyone who is friends with the VTCA entity, could have access to details, photos etc.

DizzyGillepsie;406715 said:
agree 100% on this... they've created VTCA as a person when it should be a fan page/group. it's a potential security risk when people have their personal details set to "friends of friends", then anyone who is friends with the VTCA entity, could have access to details, photos etc.

No security risk as security settings on all areas are for "Friends Only".

Who are poeople tipping to win the flags in Senior, North and South Divisions?

I will only tip the Senior Division premiers as I have been away from the comp for four years and it would just be an extremely uneducated guess.

Clubbers to win Senior Div.

stacksonthemill;407507 said:
Who are poeople tipping to win the flags in Senior, North and South Divisions?

I will only tip the Senior Division premiers as I have been away from the comp for four years and it would just be an extremely uneducated guess.

Clubbers to win Senior Div.

That must have been a hard decision..:rolleyes:maybe you should stay away for another 4 years as soon as you left they started winning G/F.:p
Im tipping Keilor keeping everything quite,but apparently recruited
very well.

century scorer;407566 said:
That must have been a hard decision..:rolleyes:maybe you should stay away for another 4 years as soon as you left they started winning G/F.:p
Im tipping Keilor keeping everything quite,but apparently recruited
very well.

Would want to losing Hutchinson!

Bentleigh, Yarraville, Airport West and Spotty should all be thereabouts. Im tipping Spotty to be the dark horse if theyve picked up Hildreth and retain Sharma and Davies has a big year...

I think that this will be one of the tightest years in senior division for a long while. A lot of good teams with good lists. Airport west will be a little stronger than last year and will tough to beat. I honestly can't see Keilor being up there. Losing Jodie and McKay puts a huge hole in their bowling. Have they got bopper back? If so, they will rely on him greatly. Going to be a good season with some awesome matches!

DalesHack;407750 said:
Out of interest, would you bowl a no-ball for say $50,000?

I do it at least five times a week for free.....i just don't think i could be relied upon to do it on purpose, i'd stutter my way in and make a mess of it for sure.:D

roosters hack;407775 said:
I do it at least five times a week for free.....i just don't think i could be relied upon to do it on purpose, i'd stutter my way in and make a mess of it for sure.:D

Haha, I reckon Muralitharan never got an offer, I mean no-one EVER called him for a no-ball after Emerson :D

Hot on the heels of Merlynston-Hadfield joining the VTCA from Moreland-Moonee Valley, it is believed that another MMVCA club has apparently signed up to join the VTCA in 2011-12 already. Does anyone have any ideas who it could be?

Also, do people think that we will eventually have another geographic grade in the next 10 years or so. If more MMVCA clubs join, it may be time to look at having West, North and South grades (though I think the ECA has the east well and truly covered and any transfers from the ECA would probably be a better fit for the South).

stacksonthemill;408019 said:
Hot on the heels of Merlynston-Hadfield joining the VTCA from Moreland-Moonee Valley, it is believed that another MMVCA club has apparently signed up to join the VTCA in 2011-12 already. Does anyone have any ideas who it could be?

Also, do people think that we will eventually have another geographic grade in the next 10 years or so. If more MMVCA clubs join, it may be time to look at having West, North and South grades (though I think the ECA has the east well and truly covered and any transfers from the ECA would probably be a better fit for the South).

West Coburg from what I'm hearing on the grape vine

I know it still a few weeks away, but how are the grounds/wickets looking? Spotty's ground is looking a little worse for wear from footy. We are hopeful that the council will do the right thing and top dress it soon, and I don't mean on the 30th Sept!! Weather permitting, we will be training on our turf tracks this Sat, which is a great effort from Len Robbins and co.

Back