2010 AFL Premiership Season Thread

2010 AFL Premiership Season Thread

Beat the bulldogs at the Gabba; should have smashed them by more to be honest.

Fev and Brown are up and about; Brown on track for 100 goals in the season.

Bla

4 - 0 to start the season.

The Lions seem to be flying under the radar, not many people, especially in Victoria, classing them as flag possibilities.

I'm here to tell you, the Lions are as good a chance as anyone to make the Grand Final at the MCG on the last Saturday in September.

Maybe a midfielder short of some of the other top sides, but the Lions are up and about.

Re: Can the Lions win the 2010 AFL flag?

Was a bit wary of Voss' trading pre-season, but it's looking pretty good so far.

Probably set to make the top 4 which always means you are a good chance, especially if they can get a home final or 2.

They look very potent at the moment. Saker adds another option up forward. Until they meet Geelong, St Kilda and Collingwood, I will reserve full judgement.
Like most newish teams, ie. recruits , they will have a lull. We'll see how they come out the other end. They must win a home final, I would think, to have a real chance. They are, however, looking the goods at the minute.

Worst AFL commentator?

Surely the award has to go to Matthew Campbell?

His commentary tonight on the Brisbane Lions V Melbourne Demons was an absolute disgrace.

Openly cheering for the Demons, "bounce through"; "switch is on", it was almost like he had loaded up at the TAB for a Melbourne win.

He is like this on all the Lions games and it shits me.

PS: Can't wait until the round 18 rematch at the Gabba, the Lions will smash the Demons into the Gabba turf :D

PSS: Disgraceful umpiring again tonight, WTF do the Lions have to do to get a "holding the ball" decision. Travis Johnstone nearly had his head taken off and didn't even get a free?

I know people like to feel sorry for the Demons, because they have been ordinary for so long and because of a few other factors, but gee, I would find it patronising as a fan of a club if the commentators openly cheered for my team simply because we had been ordinary for so long.

Brown looks like his 20% fit, he looks like he may even have Osetitis Pubis (sp) which means his season is all but stuffed.

Makes me angry when the Lions lose, we can't play the MCG at the moment, the ground is too big, had no run.

Disgraceful performance.

Re: Worst AFL commentator?

Don't worry Eddie, all the Lions fans know that the 2002 and 2003 still burns deep inside Collingwood fans.

Simon Black tearing Collingwood apart in the 2003 Grand Final will live with me forever and than Vossey raising the cup.

Re: Worst AFL commentator?

**** ing Dwayne Russell is the worst AFL commentator, an absolute tool.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;397430 said:
Brown and Fevola are like Ponting and Watson to me, I could peg them from behind all day.

That's the one.

Yet they lost to Melbourne, they do quite well when teams want to play attacking footy, lets see them against a team who will shut them down

And Fremantle makes it 3 losses in a row for the Lions, bring on the Magpies this Friday night :)

They lost to Freo at home? Thats worse than losing to Melbourne :D :D :D

Lions a long, long way from a flag

4 in a row for the Mighty Lions, losses that is :D

Looks like the only thing they might have a hope of winning this year is the Richmond Cup

Quick question, have they left Brisbane yet this year? They seem to be at home every week

eddiesmith;399953 said:
Quick question, have they left Brisbane yet this year? They seem to be at home every week

Says a supporter of the team who plays 15 games every year at the MCG (Including the last 7 in a row this season)

a for effort;399980 said:
Says a supporter of the team who plays 15 games every year at the MCG (Including the last 7 in a row this season)
14 actually and thats because 62% of the competition are also in Victoria compared to Brisbane having no away matches at home. Its not our fault the AFL makes more money from 70,000 at the MCG for a Melbourne home game than 30,000 at AAMI for a Port game

But hey Collingwood would love to travel, we rarely lose interstate :D

Back