2014/2015 B And C Grade

How did your side go on the weekend Tongs? Another strong performance I see. Really setting the grade alight after being relegated from B Grade last season. 1 win from your last 6 games.

Toddy, there was another post that you forgot to reply to. Its in the Money Shield thread. Feel free to pop on over to discuss.

Why bother playing on? Rosanna would need two outright wins in a row. I guess they had probably resigned to the fact that their season was over and probably didn't see Panton Hill losing.

What I'm more interested in is the draw between Lower Eltham and Panton Hill. Was LE Park under water or something? Whatever the reason, it's kept us in it by the absolute skin of our teeth and if I was a Panton Hill player, I dunno that I'd be completely comfortable. Lose round 11 and one of the 3 teams under you snag an outright, it could come down to percentages. Yes it's a very long shot, but strange things do happen (like being bowled out for 19).

Last edited:
Why bother playing on? Rosanna would need two outright wins in a row. I guess they had probably resigned to the fact that their season was over and probably didn't see Panton Hill losing.

What I'm more interested in is the draw between Lower Eltham and Panton Hill. Was LE Park under water or something? Whatever the reason, it's kept us in it by the absolute skin of our teeth and if I was a Panton Hill player, I dunno that I'd be completely comfortable. Lose round 11 and one of the 3 teams under you snag an outright, it could come down to percentages. Yes it's a very long shot, but strange things do happen (like being bowled out for 19).

If you have even half a spine, you go back out there to try to recover some of your lost dignity after being rolled for 19. Likewise, have a crack at outright, afterall you've just rolled them for 19. I don't get why clubs/players are so keen to finish games early. You know that a game goes 1-6 so why want to finish at 3?

And I believe it was a burst pipe or something of the like, which flooded the ground. Which made it unsafe to play.

Just found out that our second eleven is being relegated to D grade to allow 10th placed Plent Valley (D grade) promotion up. No consultation, against current rules, just found out in draft gradings. Pretty bloody ordinary!

Just found out that our second eleven is being relegated to D grade to allow 10th placed Plent Valley (D grade) promotion up. No consultation, against current rules, just found out in draft gradings. Pretty bloody ordinary!

In essence it's their 5th 11 and in my opinion (may not be my clubs current position so I'm not talking on their behalf) they add very little to the DVCA. I don't like the fact they entice promising juniors from our clubs to play ordinary cricket in the 3rds & 4ths. If what you're saying is true, I'm sure there would be support out there from other clubs to help overturn the decision. Once again, my thoughts, not my club.

Last edited:
We all know the Plenty Valley will be forced to play B Grade next year (Division 3), and they're currently in D grade. To jump up 2 grades in one season would be ridiculous. So it's logical that they go up this year.

Seeing as though last place goes down already, then surely it's common sense for the second last team to make way for them?

Is it right? No. Should it happen? No. Is it fair? No. But that's why this whole comp restructure is shocking and there is no one making waves, everyone is just bending over and coping it.

I don't think people fully understand the restructure and the imbalances it's going to cause, but everyone is just sitting back and letting it happen until it effects them like this. You think you're hard done by when you finished second last.

What about teams who will finish 3rd last and will be relegated?

Or teams who's seconds could play finals and be relegated?

Or teams finishing last and get promoted?

Or teams winning flags and being relegated.

These are all very possible and likely outcomes with the restructure.

If that's the case - team that finished 10th in d grade this season will be playing B grade in 16/17 regardless of the upcoming season results then I'll be an interested onlooker as to wether PV use their available resources (players) to field a more competitive DVCA side or treat our comp with contempt knowing under the proposed structure the Dvca require Plenty Valley to make it work

If that's the case - team that finished 10th in d grade this season will be playing B grade in 16/17 regardless of the upcoming season results then I'll be an interested onlooker as to wether PV use their available resources (players) to field a more competitive DVCA side or treat our comp with contempt knowing under the proposed structure the Dvca require Plenty Valley to make it work

That is exactly what is happening. The top 3 grades must be filled with all clubs first (DVCA) team.

As to what Plenty Valley will do, let's be honest, they don't give a shlt about our comp, their sole focus will be to get players to help them get into Premier Cricket.

I dont believe PV will be playing B grade in 16-17, they will be playing in the 3rd tier 'A' grade.
Absolute disgrace on behalf of the competition to even allow this club to still exist in our comp, let alone promote them.

i really dont see the point in promoting them unless they have given assurances they are going to attempt to be competitve. Only thing that will happen is they will finish last and gradually work their way back down the grades... waste of time.

But if they dont go up, then who fills spot #8 in the 3rd shield ? The top B grade team of 15-16 ?

Brutal - big gap from B.S to D grade... thats going to hurt...
Clubs do have the right to appeal gradings...

Last edited:
Well from correspondence, the Exec once again can go ahead and do what they like. That stretches to not even consulting or forwarning affected club. Mill park get promoted from D grade to C grade for winning and we get relegated for doing what we though was within the grade guidelines and not finishing last. Go figure!

Well from correspondence, the Exec once again can go ahead and do what they like. That stretches to not even consulting or forwarning affected club. Mill park get promoted from D grade to C grade for winning and we get relegated for doing what we though was within the grade guidelines and not finishing last. Go figure!

So your saying that the side that won the GF shouldn't get promoted

So your saying that the side that won the GF shouldn't get promoted
Not saying that, just highlighting that they stick by the grading rules for winning but then relegate side for not finishing last. They reckon they are putting PV up to C grade because they want them to be competitive. The fact is they haven't been competitive in D grade, are a club that plays its elite sides in another comp and the DVCA seem to be bending the rules for them at the expense of clubs who have the DVCA comp at heart. They have got it wrong, plain and simple.

The whole comp structure is wrong, plain and simple. It's completely flawed, and will in no way enhance the comp, but In fact do the opposite.

Clubs are either too dumb, or too nieve to sit down and work out what it's actually going to look like, and what it will do to the comp as it stands.

The whole comp structure is wrong, plain and simple. It's completely flawed, and will in no way enhance the comp, but In fact do the opposite.

Clubs are either too dumb, or too nieve to sit down and work out what it's actually going to look like, and what it will do to the comp as it stands.

Tbh i dont see how this structure is any different from what we already have. I mean barclay shield and money shield are all 1s anyway (except NEW 2nd), by introducing a structure for 1s XI to play other 1s XI is not much different from what we already have other then the few B grade clubs who have their 1s there. Dont see what all the fuss is about.

Making mountains out of molehills. We went through a similar restructure a few years ago when the ex HDCA clubs came across and that turned out alright

Back