2014/2015 B And C Grade

The whole comp structure is wrong, plain and simple. It's completely flawed, and will in no way enhance the comp, but In fact do the opposite.

Clubs are either too dumb, or too nieve to sit down and work out what it's actually going to look like, and what it will do to the comp as it stands.

What is exactly the structure that you want?

As for Toddy, I just don't care. As long I have a game of cricket, against a team of equal ability, I'm happy.

As for Toddy, I just don't care. As long I have a game of cricket, against a team of equal ability, I'm happy.

Whoever the ten teams (8 for the 3rd shield) are in the respective top 3 grades their 2nds play in same grade like we used to.

Makes it easier for fixture and may in turn help foster relationships between clubs with the 2 grades playing each other??

With the other teams you'd need to work out who has nominated what sides and grade accordingly.

If the desired outcome is for every club to play "a" grade, then it seems logical that your 2nds are dictated as to what grade your senior team is. It works well enough in local footy.

Whoever the ten teams (8 for the 3rd shield) are in the respective top 3 grades their 2nds play in same grade like we used to.

Makes it easier for fixture and may in turn help foster relationships between clubs with the 2 grades playing each other??

With the other teams you'd need to work out who has nominated what sides and grade accordingly.

If the desired outcome is for every club to play "a" grade, then it seems logical that your 2nds are dictated as to what grade your senior team is. It works well enough in local footy.
The only problem is you mentioned the word "logical".:thumbsd:

Had Plenty Valley been promoted to District which seemed as good as done before the merger fell apart they would have wiped the hands of us in Dvca.

We've discussed this before, what is actually "wrong" with the current structure? There must be something wrong with the current structure if we are significantly overhauling the current set up? I am just not sure what that is...

As for your second point, the new structure will not allow you to play against the teams of equal ability. As there will not be relegation/promotion across all grades as it currently stands. Meaning a team in the 3rd A grade division gets a free ride (Plenty Valley), not having to win a game and will never go down.

I hope Plenty Valley win the C Grade flag this season just to give you all a little more to complain about.
And there in is another issue. At what stage does there DVCA side potentially play a better standard than their 2,3 or 4th side at subbies? Ridiculous situation.

And there in is another issue. At what stage does there DVCA side potentially play a better standard than their 2,3 or 4th side at subbies? Ridiculous situation.
They do have a couple blokes who only play synthetic. If they aren't competitive then it's up to them to either get stronger or cop a pasting every week.

They do have a couple blokes who only play synthetic. If they aren't competitive then it's up to them to either get stronger or cop a pasting every week.
Its not their priority to get better at Dvca level. They want to be in Premier cricket and thats all that matters to them. They roll out the same cock and bull story to the executive every year about their dvca teams getting competitive and it never happens. Are our executives on some kind of FIFA style kickbacks scheme?

Its not their priority to get better at Dvca level. They want to be in Premier cricket and thats all that matters to them. They roll out the same cock and bull story to the executive every year about their dvca teams getting competitive and it never happens. Are our executives on some kind of FIFA style kickbacks scheme?
Our executives aren't smart enough to hatch any schemes,Carlton would do a better job running our comp than these muppets.

We've discussed this before, what is actually "wrong" with the current structure? There must be something wrong with the current structure if we are significantly overhauling the current set up? I am just not sure what that is...

Just look how much complaining was there about NEW going up and that clubs 1st XI sides are dominating in B Grade. No matter what the exec do, someone is going to finish last each year and someone is going to be inconvenienced.

Just look how much complaining was there about NEW going up and that clubs 1st XI sides are dominating in B Grade. No matter what the exec do, someone is going to finish last each year and someone is going to be inconvenienced.
The whole point is they have relegated a Barclay shields 2nd eleven who didn't finish last and promoted a clubs "1st/5theleven that finished 10th. No consultation, no warning. They have compromised our structure and didn't think worthy to mention it to us.

This misses the point.

Sides have been unfairly removed from a grade to make room for a clubs 5th XI. They're not a first XI side. Fck them off. Their 2nd XI side wouldn't play finals in barclay, DVCA shouldn't be rolling out the red carpet for their 5ths. They don't add a lot to the competition.

The ECA have something similar, whereby the top 2 grades are now all first XIs. Ringwood have a side in the ECA, but it sits in one of the lower grades as it should.

DVCA should be realistic about things. Play a 2nd XI in the lowest "first xi" grade in the reshuffle, it would be competitive. The comp has picked up Rosanna, Camrae, Heidelberg and Banyule in the last 5-6 years. There will be others, and they can take those slots as they join. PV hasn't earned that spot on merit.

Have you or anyone at your club put your hand up to join the executive? Might be a good place to start rather than slag them off.
I'm too busy selling tiles but my club has but they just don't listen. I feel for research as there jump from 1st to 2nds is now impossible,we should be looking after these long term clubs rather than clubs that take the piss out of our comp!

Seems most people's comments are proving my point. People are very slowly starting to see the holes in this structure. This new grading/structure is not going to enhance the comp in any way, shape or form. In fact, its going to take a few clubs out of the best division, and put them in a lower one. Whilst giving other clubs an armchair ride up through grades.

But clubs need to start to stand up and fight for what they believe is right.

Seems most people's comments are proving my point. People are very slowly starting to see the holes in this structure. This new grading/structure is not going to enhance the comp in any way, shape or form. In fact, its going to take a few clubs out of the best division, and put them in a lower one. Whilst giving other clubs an armchair ride up through grades.

But clubs need to start to stand up and fight for what they believe is right.

Start a petition Tongs!

I'm too busy selling tiles but my club has but they just don't listen. I feel for research as there jump from 1st to 2nds is now impossible,we should be looking after these long term clubs rather than clubs that take the piss out of our comp!
Why feel for Research? They have put up some pretty ordinary performances the past couple of years across their top 2 teams. They got relegated from B grade 2 years ago then only won 3 games in C grade last year. Not exactly great form. Probably more of a D grade team anyways.
I do agree that plenty valley provide little to the competition.

Back