2014/2015 Money Shield

It's gonna b hard to beat lalor with the three quicks they have now.. Paul fatboy toner back to greensy n might take one or two with him..north elthan big cash to Travis the cock baker

I heard that he got the sh*ts up because he didn't get the coaching job at Greensborough and has got a coaching job at a Preston club.

You must be pretty proud of the signing Tongs. Eltham haven't exactly shouted it from the roof tops.

I normally wait for the rumours about us start before I say anything, and I we normally shout anything from the roof top. But I can assure you, we're very excited and happy with our appointment and the up coming season.

The club decided some time ago that rather attempt to get a very good player, and task them to also be coach, something they may not be good at. We would explore the option of having a non playing coach to do exactly that, coach the club and appoint a captain of A Grade.. After being spoilt in having a fantastic coach (as well as player) the last couple of years, seeing the benefit that a coach can make on the club in an entirety, we felt it was important to continue on with having someone who is a coach first, rather than player first.

Our coach for the next season will be Michael McLellan, who many may not know. He's past playing and will solely be a coach. He brings an absolute wealth of knowledge and experience, having a career that stems - playing at Sub District (Oakleigh CC) and District level (Camberwell CC), as well as previously coaching a couple of local clubs (Brighton East and Haig Amateurs).

He will be supported by Nathan Chrimes who will take over as captain for the A Grade team.

I normally wait for the rumours about us start before I say anything, and I we normally shout anything from the roof top. But I can assure you, we're very excited and happy with our appointment and the up coming season.

The club decided some time ago that rather attempt to get a very good player, and task them to also be coach, something they may not be good at. We would explore the option of having a non playing coach to do exactly that, coach the club and appoint a captain of A Grade.. After being spoilt in having a fantastic coach (as well as player) the last couple of years, seeing the benefit that a coach can make on the club in an entirety, we felt it was important to continue on with having someone who is a coach first, rather than player first.

Our coach for the next season will be Michael McLellan, who many may not know. He's past playing and will solely be a coach. He brings an absolute wealth of knowledge and experience, having a career that stems - playing at Sub District (Oakleigh CC) and District level (Camberwell CC), as well as previously coaching a couple of local clubs (Brighton East and Haig Amateurs).

He will be supported by Nathan Chrimes who will take over as captain for the A Grade team.

Have Eltham got a new 2nd XI captain yet? I hear the old one won't get reappointed.

spoke a hberg person last night, Adam Dale will be captain as well as coach. Also in talks with a couple of other external players apparently, much needed list boost if they are going to break into the finals for the first time in the DV but from all reports they are making the right moves now.

Typical DV approach of buying success and trashing the excellent current junior program they have.

Having hired guns take the place of their juniors could create a give issue.

Don't go thinking that's specific to just one team. The amount of money flying around this competition at the moment could put FIFA to shame. After all, throwing money at the problem is much easier and requires less administrative talent than building and maintain successful amateur players, even though it's cheaper in the long run.

Don't go thinking that's specific to just one team. The amount of money flying around this competition at the moment could put FIFA to shame. After all, throwing money at the problem is much easier and requires less administrative talent than building and maintain successful amateur players, even though it's cheaper in the long run.
Whilst I take your point. It's bloody difficult for all clubs to develop from within. Because it is so difficult to keep kids who transition out of juniors interested.

Clubs like DC are better than others at this atm (developing). But its a big club, perhaps the conversion % isn't actually any better.

Recruitment is a big factor for any club, if you're not recruiting, you're putting yourself behind the 8 ball. Good if you can recruit without having to pay players though.

You guys have also done very well picking up players from other clubs. From your Round 11 side last year, how many are home grown?

Back