2014/2015 Money Shield

I would have thought he'll be serviceable! But its going to take more than one person to cover Gibbsy's output with the ball.

I don't think Gibbs will be that hard to replace. Like all captains, he's good at picking up wickets against lower-order batsmen and lower-ranked sides.

I don't think Gibbs will be that hard to replace. Like all captains, he's good at picking up wickets against lower-order batsmen and lower-ranked sides.

Normally I ignore your rubbish, but this time you're just making yourself look an utter goose with the tripe you constantly turn out.

I dare say he did alright against the top 4 this year (outside of Eltham)

1. Lalor - 2/31
2. Mernda – 1/34
3. Banyule – 5/18, 3/31 & 3/22
4. Heidelberg – 4/37 & 2/40

20 wickets @ 10.65

Of those wickets:
Top 6 batsmen: 16 dismissals
Bottom 5 batsmen: 4 dismissals

Now, instead of just being a keyboard warrior, how about you post something of worth for once? Because its starting to get embarrassing for you.

It's gonna b hard to beat lalor with the three quicks they have now.. Paul fatboy toner back to greensy n might take one or two with him..north elthan big cash to Travis the cock baker

Looks like Lower Plenty have commenced training already. Looks like the "boom recruits" leading the way with the training. To quote their website "The ducks are all in a row for a sensational season at LPCC". Putting early pressure on here in July.
There's district clubs that haven't gone back yet!

Lets hope they don't peak in August! Especially with the (presumably) later start to the season. That being said, better to kick off now that the Tuesday before the game.

Looks like Lower Plenty have commenced training already.

Pre-seasons are a complete waste of time, effort and money. If anyone feels like a hit before round one, just rent a ball machine out for a couple of hours with a mate and you'll hit more balls in that time than you will in an entire pre-season fixture.

Pre-seasons are a complete waste of time, effort and money. If anyone feels like a hit before round one, just rent a ball machine out for a couple of hours with a mate and you'll hit more balls in that time than you will in an entire pre-season fixture.

Looks like you need to do a preseason under a good coach. Although I do think it is really only beneficial to the top 14-15 players plus a couple of up and coming younger players at the club.

Looks like you need to do a preseason under a good coach. Although I do think it is really only beneficial to the top 14-15 players plus a couple of up and coming younger players at the club.
It's about finding that balance. The balance amongst enough numbers, the right skill level of cricketers and how long the preseason goes for, bulding up for round 1.

The problems is, many of clubs better cricketers also play footy so its a trickey juggling act

It's not a matter of the coaches ability, it's the time and facilities available that make pre-season a waste of time. Although, if it's going to help anyone I agree that it might only be the top 15 players, but that's true of even standard Tuesday/Thursday practice nights.

Back