2014/2015 Money Shield

I may be a fraction late fellas but I wanted to pose a question to all of you out there. Straw poll. Who of you out there would welcome back a player/s to your club if they had previously left in unsavory circumstances? Generally, that would mean over money, a dispute with the coach/captain or committee or other players and they walked! Look forward to replies

Good weekend of money shield cricket. Big boys from last year in Boro, stars and Eltham were dominant as to Mernda! The team to beat?

hmmm... i know its only early but it seems to me like...NEW, Banyule, Camrea and mill park will be fighting for survival... by the looks of the rounds results NEW are probably favrouit to take that battle out. i would have to agree with you Draught... Mernda, Lalor stars and with the signing of that bloke liyanage boro are going to be a force this year... its still very much up in the air as it is only early stages with every one else.. its going to be an interesting year.

I may be a fraction late fellas but I wanted to pose a question to all of you out there. Straw poll. Who of you out there would welcome back a player/s to your club if they had previously left in unsavory circumstances? Generally, that would mean over money, a dispute with the coach/captain or committee or other players and they walked! Look forward to replies

i think it all depends on the circumstances, 2 bob watch. in more serious cases i think i would be very reluctant welcoming a negative character around the club... it depends on how much bad blood is there... if the club has changed in regards to personal over the years... I'm all for giving one a second chance. But if the same old heads are around the club when the player left on bad terms, it could have a negative vibe with them blokes and unsettle the clubs culture around senior figures. its a tough one thats for sure. i guess its a case by case bases but generally i would be giving the bloke a second chance.

We'll find out this week.

What happened down at Mont this week? They got the season off to a flier with a crushing win, but then had the roles reversed the next week. No disrespect, but I wouldn't have thought that Banyule had the attack to run through a side like that?

Mernda look unstoppable in Money Shield. Thoughts anyone?
Thoughts on why exactly? Obviously they have some very good players yes but ALL teams are susceptible to a bad performance if put under pressure aren't they? Id like to see/read the recent records of teams going down from Barclay shield and their very next season in Money shield! Maybe last 10 seasons? Tongs?

What happened down at Mont this week? They got the season off to a flier with a crushing win, but then had the roles reversed the next week. No disrespect, but I wouldn't have thought that Banyule had the attack to run through a side like that?

This is not going to be a good year for Mont in the 1st XI. They'll have a few good games, but they'll get thrashed along the way too. I haven't been a big fan of some of the recruitments. If you want to win the Money Shield, there's no use recruiting ordinary Money Shield cricketers from other clubs.

Bowled 1st both times and taken all 20 wickets for 183. Only one other team has gone for less runs and that is Monty, who's game on Saturday finished early, or they would have gone for a lot more runs.

Attack is more than OK.

Bowled 1st both times and taken all 20 wickets for 183. Only one other team has gone for less runs and that is Monty, who's game on Saturday finished early, or they would have gone for a lot more runs.

Attack is more than OK.

Don't mistake what I said. I wasn't saying you had a bad attack, was merely surprised that you steamrolled them for 76.

This is not going to be a good year for Mont in the 1st XI. They'll have a few good games, but they'll get thrashed along the way too. I haven't been a big fan of some of the recruitments. If you want to win the Money Shield, there's no use recruiting ordinary Money Shield cricketers from other clubs.
How did the recruits go on the weekend Warwick Todd ???????

Amazing outright win from Banyule today. 2 wickets in the second last over and 3 in the last over, including 2 in the last 2 balls!

They keep proving my argument that I didnt think Banyule's bowling was all that brutal. :rolleyes:

In saying that, Lower Plenty are going backwards at the rate of knots. Their philosophies/game plans of not chasing targets, and screwing around the batting order like they did yesterday is nothing short of ridiculous.

They keep proving my argument that I didnt think Banyule's bowling was all that brutal. :rolleyes:

In saying that, Lower Plenty are going backwards at the rate of knots. Their philosophies/game plans of not chasing targets, and screwing around the batting order like they did yesterday is nothing short of ridiculous.

Not brutal but averaging 8 runs a wicket is far from meek.

E="draught, post: 568980, member: 13534"]Mernda look unstoppable in Money Shield. Thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE]
There's your answer re mernda! Batting always been their deficiency and with bakes batting at number 7 (greatest bowler of all time nearly but no number 7 bat) they may get bundled cheaply. Eltham won with nothing from Gibbs. Look out!!

Back