2015/2016 Barclay Shield Thread

Apparently a few guys down near a little railway were happy with their 2/35 start yesterday and were fairly lippy. at 66 all out you'd think that their tail may have been between their legs but no. Even when humiliated they still found their disrespectful best!

Yes, A big thanks to Macleod for facilitating that. I think it worked out for all of us in the end. Tim chose Richard, we ended up with Tom, you guys play finals and despite some challenges of our own making and imposed by a DVCA exec that make decisions like relegating our 2's to D grade, thus putting us at a developmental and competitive disadvantage, we live to fight another day. Cheers :thumbsu:

Probably a good decision by the 'dvca' to put your 2nd's in D grade as it looks like you will not play finals anyway!.

Probably a good decision by the 'dvca' to put your 2nd's in D grade as it looks like you will not play finals anyway!.

Completely agree. Whilst no one wants to have a twos play D Grade, especially if their ones are in Barclay, Research twos have been woeful for a number of years. That's not far on other clubs.

Apparently a few guys down near a little railway were happy with their 2/35 start yesterday and were fairly lippy. at 66 all out you'd think that their tail may have been between their legs but no. Even when humiliated they still found their disrespectful best!
What do you expect when the comdined IQ of the team wouldn't add up to the score they made sat. No leaders down the club and there only decent player is only worried about himself.

I think our 2's finishing 4th or 5th in D grade is still better than Plenty Valley finishing 10th in D grade and getting promoted at our expense. Not saying we are up to Barclay Res Standard, but still should be atleast in C grade.

If your seconds were any good, they would have won D Grade premiership and quite convincingly.
Struggling to play finals in that grade is hardly a convincing argument for C grade promotion.

If your seconds were any good, they would have won D Grade premiership and quite convincingly.
Struggling to play finals in that grade is hardly a convincing argument for C grade promotion.
Perhaps if Plenty Valleys side was any good then they should have been promoted to C grade on merit. And besides my argument was and always has been the exec bending rules to suit whatever agenda they're running at the time. We were good enough to stay in C grade last season as per the qualifications for every other season. We actually lost players due to being relegated and missed out on recruiting some younger players due to them nor wanting to play D grade cricket as part of their development. Now rumours suggest that PV may not be part of the new structure anyway, so how's that decision looking? In short you say we should win D grade to get back up, when we didn't finish last to get relegated. So your happy for promotion to be based on winning flags, but any rule you like for relegation?

Last edited:
The game with research D grade still isnt over! They very well could get up and sneak into finals. Talk about counting your chickens...

The game with research D grade still isnt over! They very well could get up and sneak into finals. Talk about counting your chickens...
Serg isn't happy re one of my previous posts, so is putting the boots in;). I can assure Serg that my post was spot on and would have proceeded as planned but the skipper found out the spotlight was on and ditched it. Also bit of a rumour of an altercation at MCC reverse draw on Sunday involving quite a few with a leader in the middle of it. Any confirmation Serg?

Big week of cricket! Riverside are in the 4, diamond creek and Macleod to win easy, plenty with upset of the year over Epping? And still be relagated, Bundoora United 3rds no match for Barclay and my boys in a great position but need to bowl well to the plan!

Serg isn't happy re one of my previous posts, so is putting the boots in;). I can assure Serg that my post was spot on and would have proceeded as planned but the skipper found out the spotlight was on and ditched it. Also bit of a rumour of an altercation at MCC reverse draw on Sunday involving quite a few with a leader in the middle of it. Any confirmation Serg?

I wasn't at the reverse draw on Sunday - first one ive missed in a long time, but circumstances have dictated this situation to me .
Please fill us all in as seem to be the one who is in the know with all things Macleod these days....

Big week of cricket! Riverside are in the 4, diamond creek and Macleod to win easy, plenty with upset of the year over Epping? And still be relagated, Bundoora United 3rds no match for Barclay and my boys in a great position but need to bowl well to the plan!

Rosanna won't chase those runs. Semi's are set in my opinion.

Diamond Creek vs Riverside
Macleod vs OPSF

Creek by far the best side in it, but anything can happen in a semi final. Both lower placed teams would fancy themselves, Riverside having knocked Creek off earlier in the year and with 4 or 5 out and out match winners they would consider themselves a sniff, 120 will be enough to win that game IMO.

As for Macleod, surely they can't lose this semi can they.........................

Going to be two ripper games (Rosanna miracle aside).

Good luck to all this weekend.

Please continue...............

I wasn't at the reverse draw on Sunday - first one ive missed in a long time, but circumstances have dictated this situation to me .
Please fill us all in as seem to be the one who is in the know with all things Macleod these days....
Allegedly 2 A grade players plus a Captain involved. Club suspension for finals may be an option. If I was to put 2 and 2 together and get 4, I'd suggest it may have had something to do with an individual's attitude to a past player and his seeming obcession with revenge. Refer to my previous post for said revenge.

Some really exciting finals coming up this week. Diamond Creek vs Riverside was most people's tip for the gf. While Op's are prob the form side atm.

Is there any reason why Finals venues aren't updated yet?

I would have thought as soon as the ladders update it would be the first item of business.

Some really exciting finals coming up this week. Diamond Creek vs Riverside was most people's tip for the gf. While Op's are prob the form side atm.

Is there any reason why Finals venues aren't updated yet?

I would have thought as soon as the ladders update it would be the first item of business.

Something your club won't have to worry about

Back