2015/2016 Barclay Shield Thread

Are the only chance of beating Creek, if they don't make it it's all over.

Would fancy themselves this weekend for sure.

Rosanna vs OPSF, LE vs Riverside and Epping vs Plenty will be very very interesting.............
Lots of interesting scenarios available for the last round. Plenty need an outright to save themselves from relegation. Perhaps Epping will be happy to play along and try for 10 points themselves. If BU have appealed and are successful, then Rosanna will need a win in case they lose those 10 points again. Macleod are not playing for position, the cynic in me asks would they be upset if Mernda beats them and RECCC lose?

Lots of interesting scenarios available for the last round. Plenty need an outright to save themselves from relegation. Perhaps Epping will be happy to play along and try for 10 points themselves. If BU have appealed and are successful, then Rosanna will need a win in case they lose those 10 points again. Macleod are not playing for position, the cynic in me asks would they be upset if Mernda beats them and RECCC lose?
Personally I don't think the appeal will be successful as going by past history the VMCU will not get involved in a DVCA matter, also heard Riverside are considering an appeal as well for their lower sides which might be interesting with the president of the DVCA.

Personally I don't think the appeal will be successful as going by past history the VMCU will not get involved in a DVCA matter, also heard Riverside are considering an appeal as well for their lower sides which might be interesting with the president of the DVCA.
I think any appeal would be in bad taste. If a club has knowingly cheated, now is the time for coping the punishment on the chin. They've seriously compromised the season. Its sides like Research et al that have a reason to complain.

I think any appeal would be in bad taste. If a club has knowingly cheated, now is the time for coping the punishment on the chin. They've seriously compromised the season. Its sides like Research et al that have a reason to complain.
Yes I agree, but do the other sides effected have a right to appeal ?

Probably not in my opinion, particularly if the DVCA is just applying its rules.

Notwithstanding, they certainly have a right to feel aggrieved, angry etc. It throws up a pretty farcical situation where Rosanna can stay up having won 2 games all season, and REC go down winning 4. Not the best outcome for the competition. Indeed B UTD could end up 5-1-5 and be relegated (rightly so). I think there is many more losers than winners in the situation, but, its shown more than one club are not adverse to the idea. It'd be naive to think we've caught everybody.

MAcleod wouldn't want to go into finals on the back of successive losses. Tim will be driving this into the lads this round.

I can't see how anyone other than those punished have grounds for appeal. They've not had a finding made against them. BU, LE & Riverside have. In saying that, any appeal by any of those 3 is nothing more than a donation.

They'd be better off putting their $300 appeal money on the next toppie and hope it gives them some spending money for next season.

Means that Creek are pretty much certainties, and the only team that might be capable of beating them in the finals is Riverside.

If Riverside don't make it then they certainly can't beat them and the season is over.

Wouldn't recognize many faces in Bundoora United's Barclay side. B Grade on the other hand....
Pretty scurrilous Serg. Their is 1 name that has played all year in Barclay and on his seasons form even he'd agree that his demotion is warranted.

Give them a break what's happened to them is bad enough, we don't need to kick them again

MAcleod wouldn't want to go into finals on the back of successive losses. Tim will be driving this into the lads this round.
Word from a reliable source is that you won't be going all out to win and that some in the club think it's better to punish Tom than go into finals as winners. Let's see hey.

Word from a reliable source is that you won't be going all out to win and that some in the club think it's better to punish Tom than go into finals as winners. Let's see hey.

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard on this site.
Perhaps research should just worry about winning their game to avoid relegation, rather than worrying about other results.

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard on this site.
Perhaps research should just worry about winning their game to avoid relegation, rather than worrying about other results.
Don't worry, we will worrying about winning. I'll tell you what crap is. An individual who hasn't been able to remove the chip off his shoulder over Tom leaving. Judging by your response, you will be putting Mernda to the sword then and enjoying a good win in lead up to finals. All the best and I look forward to reading the results.

brutal said:
Pretty good. Sometimes when you throw the spotlight on something, it has the effect of keeping a situation honest;)
Talk about being paranoid. Lucky that rather large investment you guys have ,kept you up in Barclay albeit by the skin of your teeth.

Talk about being paranoid. Lucky that rather large investment you guys have ,kept you up in Barclay albeit by the skin of your teeth.
Yes, A big thanks to Macleod for facilitating that. I think it worked out for all of us in the end. Tim chose Richard, we ended up with Tom, you guys play finals and despite some challenges of our own making and imposed by a DVCA exec that make decisions like relegating our 2's to D grade, thus putting us at a developmental and competitive disadvantage, we live to fight another day. Cheers :thumbsu:

Back