2016/2017 Barclay Shield

Compared to letting his partner down by not going to a wedding interstate?

I don't know Trav personally, but either way he can't win.

My mail is it was only booked in recent times when it looked like finals were unlikely, if NEW were 2 games clear on top at Xmas, I'm betting he does not book a flight.

My mail is it was only booked in recent times when it looked like finals were unlikely, if NEW were 2 games clear on top at Xmas, I'm betting he does not book a flight.

Tough situation. There's no winners in it.

Not sure I'd be overly impressed if I were copping a spray from my coach online though.

Not sure I'd be overly impressed if I were copping a spray from my coach online though.

Fair call

Just adding that Duckworth was responding to a post rather than specifically lining Baker up. He explained his feelings and those of his club. I'm sure he'd have no hesitation in saying the same to his face, in fact I'd be surprised if he already hadn't.

Last edited:
JB turns up to his son's game (F1) today and starts abusing opposition captain. The score at the time was OP 9 for 64. Opposition captain told him where to go. 4 balls later the innings was over. 15 overs after that the game was completed. OP players were nothing but good sports. At least he bought his beer from the club like all the OP spectators did.
Was a bit of banter, nothing else. And are you talking the same club that had more than 30 spectators but couldn't rustle up a scorer?

It is a tough situation. Without knowing how close he was to the wedding party. I remember something similar happening in a subbies GF, with their pro missing half the day, and probably costing them in a tight one. My question is, if you are paying someone big money (if the 15k is true) why is it not a requirement set out in the contract that the player is available semi final weekend and grand final weekend(s)?

Was a bit of banter, nothing else. And are you talking the same club that had more than 30 spectators but couldn't rustle up a scorer?
A bit of banter. Bulltish. Abuse of an opposition captain. Just a waste of space trying to create angst when there wasn't any. He embarrassed his club (again) and son (IMO).

Agree it wasnt good re scorer. Special thanks was given to the two scorers at the end of the innings. Great to have so many spectators (for a F1 game) when we had two other games going on elsewhere.

A bit of banter. Bulltish. Abuse of an opposition captain. Just a waste of space trying to create angst when there wasn't any. He embarrassed his club (again) and son (IMO).

It was not abuse, it was harmless banter. Stop sensationalising things precious. No one was embarrassed except for the 11 players of the performance that was turned in, which had nothing to do with the spectators, just a bad day.

And the game did get heated when your captain goes out of his way (running from the opposite side of the field) to give send offs. So once again, people in glass houses

Agree it wasnt good re scorer. Special thanks was given to the two scorers at the end of the innings. Great to have so many spectators (for a F1 game) when we had two other games going on elsewhere.

Mate you really need to get a grip on reality. The Bubis bashing over the last few weeks has better an utter disgrace! There was 10 of us there on Saturday and when your flog of a captain started to chirp at 7/30 what did you expect us to do? Not back our fellow clubmen up? When you are running from the opposite side of the field to give young kids send offs you really need to start looking long and hard At yourself ......

Absolute muppets some of you guys!!! there's guys having a laugh and having banter at every game in the DVCA....but you decide to pot one bloke....

How about you stop being soft cocks and hiding behind your computer and come and say something to him face to face !...

No didn't think so....So crawl back into your little hole that you dug yourself out of and start looking into your own backyard first muppet.....

At least we can get support at our games unlike the 4 people that wanted to watch you flogs on Saturday - I don't blame them though when players from that side have to apologise at the tea break for giving send offs and saying stuff in bad taste. I wouldn't want to be around that either

I'm tipping Serg would rather them unchanged. If Macleod win the toss and bat, 150+ and is game over. Riverside couldn't chase down a fat kid who stole there lunch money with that long tail dragging behind them. They might just lose it at the boys club selection table.

As nice as that sounds, riverside knocked up 250 against us a few weeks back. Their batting isn't as brittle as some make out to be. Their openers have been in good form

Mate you really need to get a grip on reality. The Bubis bashing over the last few weeks has better an utter disgrace! There was 10 of us there on Saturday and when your flog of a captain started to chirp at 7/30 what did you expect us to do? Not back our fellow clubmen up? When you are running from the opposite side of the field to give young kids send offs you really need to start looking long and hard At yourself ......

Absolute muppets some of you guys!!! there's guys having a laugh and having banter at every game in the DVCA....but you decide to pot one bloke....

How about you stop being soft cocks and hiding behind your computer and come and say something to him face to face !...

No didn't think so....So crawl back into your little hole that you dug yourself out of and start looking into your own backyard first muppet.....

At least we can get support at our games unlike the 4 people that wanted to watch you flogs on Saturday - I don't blame them though when players from that side have to apologise at the tea break for giving send offs and saying stuff in bad taste. I wouldn't want to be around that either

Are you really surprised that other teams are mouthy when they play your club?? So did they have 30 supporters or 4?? What were you laughing at when you are 7/30?? With 10 of you there and the game finishing early, did you take Bubis Jnr down to the nets afterwards to help him get out of F grade?? Your rant has left so many unanswered questions

Back