2016/2017 Barclay Shield

Tipsters on here are a joke.
Best 2 sides are in the grand final.
Good luck to both sides.
So for being people (tipsters) that are/were prepared to stick our collective necks out and make predictions we get called a joke !!! ....really??
Have you ever made any predictions on here Serg and got them wrong, hmmmm???

Regardless, DC were clearly favourites entering the semi v Macleod after destroying them at the same venue 5 weeks prior so an obvious selection.
Full credit to Macleod for turning that around. Hard to imagine the reigning premiers being held to 100 of 85 overs so a truly great effort.
As to RV v NEW, it was only 3 weeks ago that NEW drew with RV again at the same venue, something surely would have been a confidence boost. If us "tipsters" had of been aware of no T.Baker (well done Tongs for breaking that) then i'm sure a few would have changed tips. As it was, well ........

Anyway to continue the merriment with the new "us Tipsters are a joke" theme........i'm tipping Macleod this week to beat Riverside.

How funny is that Serg !!!!!

As nice as that sounds, riverside knocked up 250 against us a few weeks back. Their batting isn't as brittle as some make out to be. Their openers have been in good form
Hang on a minute Serg........your now quoting past performances ?
Maybe read my previous post.
Seriously you cant have it both ways.

Diamond creek were probably favourites to beat Macleod but not as easily as you all made out. In the end , the ledger was Macleod 2, creek 1. Yeah , they touched us up a few rounds back with us having some personnel missing, but you overlook the result earlier in the season which saw us win quite comfortably.
Anyway , good for you for sticking your tips out there. 0/4 is it so far ?

Diamond creek were probably favourites to beat Macleod but not as easily as you all made out. In the end , the ledger was Macleod 2, creek 1. Yeah , they touched us up a few rounds back with us having some personnel missing, but you overlook the result earlier in the season which saw us win quite comfortably.
Anyway , good for you for sticking your tips out there. 0/4 is it so far ?
I didnt overlook the earlier seasons result but surely you would agree Macleod werent flying now as they were then.

And no its 2 out of 6 actually. :)

How did you go?

Doubt it. Why change a team who has won its past 5 or so games.
Think both sides will go in unchanged in both Barclay and B grade

Your side has won 1 from 5 Serge and will go in unchanged?

History tells us that taking in out of form players gets you the runners up,
Both teams 2's have made the GF yet it could come down to which team has the least players out of form? or which selection committee has the bigger set of nuts....Corcoran made a 200 2 games ago, surely he's a chance!

Good luck to both teams, Riverside for me

Your side has won 1 from 5 Serge and will go in unchanged?

History tells us that taking in out of form players gets you the runners up,
Both teams 2's have made the GF yet it could come down to which team has the least players out of form? or which selection committee has the bigger set of nuts....Corcoran made a 200 2 games ago, surely he's a chance!

Good luck to both teams, Riverside for me

Strange that Corcoran can make a 20, 40, 200, and Elksy can make 50 & 90 and not get promoted when the team above you has a history of having difficulty with the bat. In saying that, its done now and it is very tough to change your two teams when they both won their respective semi's. Riverside clearly don't need the extra bowling of Rosbrook, and he bats at 10. Should they make the change? If you do bring in a batsmen, where do you slot them in?

But they're obviously doing something right down there (and Macleod). Top two teams into the Grand Final is an incredible feat.

I'll take Riverside in a close one.

Still don't reckon you change the winning side from the weekend. Im not privy as to what happens at selection but I doubt anything will change ( barring injuries touch wood )

Are you really surprised that other teams are mouthy when they play your club?? So did they have 30 supporters or 4?? What were you laughing at when you are 7/30?? With 10 of you there and the game finishing early, did you take Bubis Jnr down to the nets afterwards to help him get out of F grade?? Your rant has left so many unanswered questions

I am surprised considering the amount of shit that comes from other supporters from other clubs that apparently goes unnoticed!!!! Who said anything about laughing?? Yeah mate was a great time to get down to the nets after a flogging and last game of the season....geez you are a smart one aren't you....

Maybe some of your blokes should have been playing in your 2nds instead of hiding in the 3rds making runs and picking on kids

It's answered one question my rant - how stupid and pathetic people are and how narrow minded people can be once there's an easy target to pot ....

I am surprised considering the amount of shit that comes from other supporters from other clubs that apparently goes unnoticed!!!! Who said anything about laughing?? Yeah mate was a great time to get down to the nets after a flogging and last game of the season....geez you are a smart one aren't you....

Maybe some of your blokes should have been playing in your 2nds instead of hiding in the 3rds making runs and picking on kids

It's answered one question my rant - how stupid and pathetic people are and how narrow minded people can be once there's an easy target to pot ....

If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Unfortunately the bully's can never take it.

Back