2016/2017 Barclay Shield

Email was sent to all clubs on 19 July 2016 advising them that the DVCA Senior Presentation night would be held at Greensborough RSL on Friday 31 March.

Enough notice I would have thought.
Well this might explain it in our case. The DVCA Admin were sending information to an email address we hadn't used for 3 years. This wasn't rectified until well into season.

That Rosie selection cost them,they tried for the fairytale ended and it backfired. I'm hearing the well is starting to dry and a few members aren't happy.
2 years for one finals win only, with all that talent at your disposal, and a lot of money spent over this particular journey, you wouldn't be happy or satisfied at the results. I'm not surprised a few members aren't happy

On another note I've touched base with my friend Brutal and he tells me he's doin ok and is over big cricket and now concentrating on getting his footy club relegated again

That Rosie selection cost them,they tried for the fairytale ended and it backfired. I'm hearing the well is starting to dry and a few members aren't happy.

I don't think you can blame the selection of Rosbrook as the catalyst for the loss. I also doubt there are rumblings with members:

Barclay Shield: Runners up
2nd XI: Premiers
3rd XI: Premiers
4th XI: Premiers
5th XI: Premiers
6th XI: Semi Final

That's the most incredible season in a long long time, with so much to celebrate. I highly doubt there is many that aren't happy. Disappointed yes.

I don't think you can blame the selection of Rosbrook as the catalyst for the loss. I also doubt there are rumblings with members:

Barclay Shield: Runners up
2nd XI: Premiers
3rd XI: Premiers
4th XI: Premiers
5th XI: Premiers
6th XI: Semi Final

That's the most incredible season in a long long time, with so much to celebrate. I highly doubt there is many that aren't happy. Disappointed yes.
Bit naive I think Tongs. You don't spend all those resources on your ones to win lower grade flags. There are definite rumblings going on down at Whatmough.

Team of the Year.
Shupinder Taggar
Nick Carlton
Damian Wegener
Matt Duckworth(WK)
Udhara Hewa Wellalage
Richard Johnson
Tom Knight
Rob Wise
Tim Wise(C)
Nick Austin
Ryan Tolley

Congrats to all selected. Any objections?

Bit naive I think Tongs. You don't spend all those resources on your ones to win lower grade flags. There are definite rumblings going on down at Whatmough.
Definite rumblings? The only definite thing going on is the Croc of Shite coming from you and Serge. I'd be rapt if that was my club. You don't become as big as they have(Numbers wise) without doing things well on and off field. The fact that their A grade slipped at the last hurdle is irrelevant. 6 senior teams plus, T20, vets and 6 junior teams all played finals with only two of them missing a GF berth. I find that remarkable. Wish my club could enjoy that type of season.

Definite rumblings? The only definite thing going on is the Croc of Shite coming from you and Serge. I'd be rapt if that was my club. You don't become as big as they have(Numbers wise) without doing things well on and off field. The fact that their A grade slipped at the last hurdle is irrelevant. 6 senior teams plus, T20, vets and 6 junior teams all played finals with only two of them missing a GF berth. I find that remarkable. Wish my club could enjoy that type of season.
but it is your club?

Back