2016/2017 Money Shield

Great result from 1/50, LP will be kicking themselves. Big recruiting the last couple of years and haven't been able to get the job done, to be fair they were only a dropped catch and a few balls away last year..

Are you talking about Chippa or Noble? either way your dodging a question

Sorry, not intentional. A player of his calibre, you'd have to think about bringing him in. But he's not played for a long time. So who knows?

Noble, was the one I'm hearing has a bad injury.

Sorry, not intentional. A player of his calibre, you'd have to think about bringing him in. But he's not played for a long time. So who knows?

Noble, was the one I'm hearing has a bad injury.
Yeah tough call, clearly the best bowler at the club but do you change a side with momentum, considering the bowling has been holding up maybe not? Who knows..

May not matter if Shaman gets going again

I am hearing talk out of para rd way, that the injury to one S.Noble is worse then first expected.. Hopefully the talk has no backing behind it. Would be such a gut wrenching feeling.

I am hearing talk out of para rd way, that the injury to one S.Noble is worse then first expected.. Hopefully the talk has no backing behind it. Would be such a gut wrenching feeling.

Yep, I heard on Saturday night its quite likely to be a full ACL Reco. Just horrible to happen to anyone, let alone in a Semi Final. Hope its not the case, and he is able to get up to play this week.

Yep, I heard on Saturday night its quite likely to be a full ACL Reco. Just horrible to happen to anyone, let alone in a Semi Final. Hope its not the case, and he is able to get up to play this week.
Both sides unchanged. Would hope that means the injury is not at reported, risky taking a player into a GF underdone and they are going to need him to bowl.
Tough game to pick, hard to say if mont are firing at the right time or if one of their imports has exploded at the right time, probably the latter. Eltham play a consistent brand that always gives them a chance to win and have got this far without any one individual carrying the load. I'm gonna tip Eltham in a dour contest but beware the Lankan as he has shown he can win games off his own bat.

Medal: Glen Turner

Both sides unchanged. Would hope that means the injury is not at reported, risky taking a player into a GF underdone and they are going to need him to bowl.
Tough game to pick, hard to say if mont are firing at the right time or if one of their imports has exploded at the right time, probably the latter. Eltham play a consistent brand that always gives them a chance to win and have got this far without any one individual carrying the load. I'm gonna tip Eltham in a dour contest but beware the Lankan as he has shown he can win games off his own bat.

Medal: Glen Turner

To be honest, I would write almost the exact same thing had I tipped.

I wonder if its a bit of a game being played picking Noble. Although knowing Sammy, he's nuts and would play through it.

To be honest, I would write almost the exact same thing had I tipped.

I wonder if its a bit of a game being played picking Noble. Although knowing Sammy, he's nuts and would play through it.
Could very well be playing solely as a batsman, would hurt them a lot if he couldn't bowl they don't have a lot of depth in that aspect.

Plenty were blessed to have the very dangerous Lalor capitulate, and now come up against Monty. I can't see Mont having the bowling attack to win a final. And therefore I see Mitch and Gordie getting plenty of runs at home. Too many for Mont to chase down.
Watch For: Sam Noble to somehow make headlines...

Lower Plenty and Eltham have both been there abouts the last few years and I'll tip the winner of this game to win the flag. Lower Plenty in most areas seem to have Eltham covered, and whilst neither side are One Man Bands, I see this game very much Henkel v Turner. I'll take Turner.
Watch for: Turner to get a big hundred.
Well your wish came true today Tongs, Turner got his ton.

Beat me to it. Mont to be premiers in a week.

Huge effort from mont to get the 229. Just made the four and now in box seat. It's another big tick for trap daw and his coaching resume .well done.

In saying that , Eltham have been up there for years now, with the addition of turner they have to make the runs .

Will be the modern day money shield riverside if they don't get up .hard to take a side seriously in march who just make up the numbers. I'm going with Eltham though

Huge effort from mont to get the 229. Just made the four and now in box seat. It's another big tick for trap daw and his coaching resume .well done.

In saying that , Eltham have been up there for years now, with the addition of turner they have to make the runs .

Will be the modern day money shield riverside if they don't get up .hard to take a side seriously in march who just make up the numbers. I'm going with Eltham though

Runs on the board is always hard to beat, and that pressure doubles when it's runs on the board in a Grand Final. So you'd have to say that Monty, who had an outstanding day, are in the box seat.

It's a pretty simple equation now. Eltham need to take the game as deep as possible into day two. The longer they bat, and if they're patient, they give themselves the best chance they have of getting the runs. For Eltham to win, they need to bat the day.

Eltham looking for a coach too, you applying Tongs?

Whilst it'd be a fantastic opportunity for anyone who'd be wanting to coach and work with a great club, no I won't be applying. I have already signed on again for another year of coaching at my current club.

I'm sure they'll all be just shattered at that news.

Even with the money shield gf not finished and where they will be playing next year still an unknown, apparently have still had applications already from both inside DV clubs and external .strange , you'd think applicants would wait for gf result

Even with the money shield gf not finished and where they will be playing next year still an unknown, apparently have still had applications already from both inside DV clubs and external .strange , you'd think applicants would wait for gf result

If you want a coaching job, why wouldn't you apply? Regardless of what grade they're in? One of the oldest clubs in the comp, great infrastructure and plenty to work with, in such a young list. It'd be a pretty exciting opportunity/test for anyone willing to apply. Not to mention the fact that they're in a GF, not languishing down the bottom.

If you want a coaching job, why wouldn't you apply? Regardless of what grade they're in? One of the oldest clubs in the comp, great infrastructure and plenty to work with, in such a young list. It'd be a pretty exciting opportunity/test for anyone willing to apply. Not to mention the fact that they're in a GF, not languishing down the bottom.
All good points

Back