2016 Icc World T20 Discussion Thread

Ljp86

Staff member
First Round

Group A: Bangladesh, Ireland, Netherlands, Oman
Group B: Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Scotland, Zimbabwe

8 March: First Round Group B - Hong Kong vs Zimbabwe at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur (D/N)
8 March
: First Round Group B - Hong Kong vs Scotland at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur (D/N)
9 March
: First Round Group A - Bangladesh vs Netherlands at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala (D/N)
9 March
: First Round Group A - Ireland vs Oman at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala (D/N)
10 March
: First Round Group B - Scotland vs Zimbabwe at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur (D/N)
10 March
: First Round Group B - Afghanistan vs Hong Kong at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur (D/N)
11 March
: First Round Group A - Oman vs Netherlands at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala (D/N)
11 March
: First Round Group A - Bangladesh vs Ireland at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala (D/N)
12 March
: First Round Group B - Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur (D/N)
12 March
: First Round Group B - Hong Kong vs Scotland at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur (D/N)
13 March
: First Round Group A - Ireland vs Netherlands at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala (D/N)
13 March
: First Round Group A - Bangladesh vs Oman at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala (D/N)

My early pick for Group A is Bangladesh, they've shown some pretty good form over the past couple of months and have played well in the Asia Cup. They should be able to translate that into winning Group A but Ireland will certainly have a say in how they go with that.

Group B is a bit more even, Zimbabwe haven't played that well of late and we know Afghanistan can play some pretty good cricket on their day. Scotland can be handy when they want to be as well although they aren't as strong as recent years.

I should note that Zimbabwe were flogged by the Himachal Pradesh side in their opening warm-up game yesterday, Ireland easily accounted for Hong Kong while Afghanistan defeated Netherlands just a few minutes ago. Oman have also made a steady start against Scotland.

I real shame some of these games were washed out and caused the premature elimination of some teams.

Afghanistan go through in group B and the winner of Bangladesh v Oman will go through in group A.

Kiwis did well against the Indians today - very impressive spin bowling and the Indians looked totally at sea, their super stars Dhoni and Kholi made to look like fools. Nice to see Ish Sodhi bowling and Santner was very impressive. I wonder if Morgan will use Joe Root as a part of his bowling attack with spin looking like the way to go?

Nice to see Ish Sodhi bowling and Santner was very impressive.
Sodhi is in the form of his life after finally being given time in First Class cricket before returning to the team, he's certainly making doubters like me eat my words!

Still, early days. The side has a good mix of technically good batsman and hitters but batting remains our weak point.

That victory over India was mighty satisfying! I never thought I would see the day when we played 3 spinners and demolished India in India... :p

Bring on the Aussies! :thumbsu:

Huge result for NZ to beat Ind in their own backyard!

Loads of media ripping into Ind suggesting they're not the masters of spin everyone thought they were. Personally I'd be putting it down to a (very) bad day at the office, but time will tell.

Didn't see any coverage, though Gayle blasting 11 6's must've been good for the spectators - Eng look to be doing their usual at a major tournament!

Bit of pressure on the Aussies I'd think - Kiwi's must be full of confidence, and carrying the momentum from the Ind win.

Back