2016 Icc World T20 Discussion Thread

Sodhi really is coming along nicely in his development and Santner is already looking world-class as a bowler! Our batting still needs to improve but the team will be really starting to believe and I actually think that having a strong bowling line-up is almost more important in T20s.

I love how Faulkner has the reputation of being a finisher but I've never seen him actually finish a successful run chase lol.

What's the bet that India will beat Australia and the Aussies won't make the second round, again? :p

I've been saying for the last couple of months (perhaps not on here though) that Australia won't make it past the group stage. I saw predictions of the Australian media saying we'd make the final and have had a good laugh at those. We simply don't have the side to play T20 well with the pitches we play on here (i.e. flat T20 decks) compared with the slow turning tracks that India have. If the tournament was outside the sub-continent you'd say we'd be qa big chance to make the semi's but that isn't the case here.

I've got India, Pakistan, West Indies and New Zealand in the four at this stage. West Indies and NZ are the real dark horses, they are capable on their day.

I am impressed the way nz playing,but as someone said when it comes to the semis u need pressure absorbing capability which mostly inexperienced nz dont have.Ppl why are u flogging the thread with comments on nz spinners.Remember most part of it goess to the captain kane coz hes 24 and captaining his side at a big stage.Anyways my semifinalists are nz,ind,wi,eng.Not Sa because of poor bowling and aus are little low on confidence.Lets see what happens.....and finals should be ind vs nz.will be happy to see ind take the revenge:-D

Some rearguard action from Ali and Willey get England to 142 v Afghanistan, should be good run chase coming up.

Back