A Traveling We Will Go

This is a funny but true travel anecdote from a friend of mine backpacking thru South America. She had decided that she had done sufficient walking so booked a three day tour from Chile to Bolivia by SUV with the aim of seeing the world-famous Uyuni Salt Flats.

During the trip she began to feel very hot and uncomfortable and spoke to her driver in the little Spanish she knew, "Estoy caliente!”. When the driver ignored her, for a second time and looked fussed, she became baffled.

Suddenly, the one native Spanish speaker in the car spoke up from the back:
“Umm, I’m assuming you’re not meaning to tell the driver you’re horny, right?”

Apparently, the way she was saying “I’m hot” literally translated to, well, another meaning of the phrase. She said she then turned a good shade of red and slunk embarassingly back into her seat wishing she was not there. True story.
😂😂😂

ROTORUA NZ :
Have visited Rotorua many a time... pics of Spectacular Geyser - natural hot springs - also can cook
food in hot springs.

View attachment 937

View attachment 938

View attachment 940

QUEENSTOWN NZ : known as the adventure capital of the world.
some of the adventures : bungy jumping - kayaking - hang gliding
jetboat rides - sky diving - white water rafting - ziplining etc

View attachment 941

View attachment 942

View attachment 943

View attachment 944

View attachment 945

View attachment 946

View attachment 947
Stunning pics Mal 🤗
I can just imagine me trying to cook my dinner there instead of being plunged into minus temps 😆

Saw it now. I wonder what to post considering those spectacular scenes and pics here.
I can't post pics Thomas, I use my fone so it's a bit complicated for me, what I usually do is post a link of my fave landmarks and Mal or Richie post the relevant pic 🤗

Yeah, would be great if all 3 of us could go Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua Jessica... then we could go across to Gisborne & have a crack at the natural Rockslides 😎

We have something similar Mal, giant globes on water, it looks great fun 😊

C'mon Thomas lets have some German pics. When I was in southern Germany back in the 80s I saw many wonderful sites during our drives. What about posting some from the spectacular Bavarian region.

Jessica I dont expect Mal to answer you as he has inexplicably vanished from our friendly forum.
I bet he can't login again, if you remember a few months ago both Mal and I couldn't login due to a technical hitch. Either that or he's just busy with work etc, he'll be back again 🤗

I bet he can't login again, if you remember a few months ago both Mal and I couldn't login due to a technical hitch. Either that or he's just busy with work etc, he'll be back again 🤗
Let's hope so, Jessica. How was the hitch eventually cleared up? Might be of interest to all of us.

Let's hope so, Jessica. How was the hitch eventually cleared up? Might be of interest to all of us.
Well eventually we could both login but couldn't post anything, then a few days later I was able to post and just happened to see that Mal had been online but hadn't posted anything, I guessed the same thing was happening to him so I reported it. It's happened a few times to me, the last time I thought I couldn't login again and had lost my friends ☹️

A river. I was heading towards the ocean when that shot was taken. About 10 hrs from memory.
Dead set I will never return to the Philippines as their poverty is widespread and air pollution is beyond comprehension. I was in a cramped open windowed bus traveling back from the interior then as we reached the outskirts of Cebu City we hit the most appalling pollution. I tell you I felt physically sick when I arrived at my hotel.

Back