Adil Rashid

Fairly conservative selection from England with regards to a spinner, Moeen Ali is a stop-gap solution but they won't start developing a spinner properly until they start playing them regularly in games. Having said that it's hardly a surprising decision considering Rashid didn't have a good tour of the UAE, he had an average of 69.50 which obviously isn't good.

Not sure how playing in the Big Bash League will help his test/first-class game though.

Just found this, looks interesting...

http://www.adilrashidcricketacademy.com/

looking at this website from the point of view of a web developer, it's horrible. I mean, do they really need to use flash player for pretty much the whole site? Can't they just use a bit of basic HTML and CSS?! It doesn't even look good either. It might have some really good content but I can't get to it because flash needs to use 140 MB of ram and 50% CPU just to display a website that could be done better with HTML/CSS, and only use about 30 KB ram and 10% CPU at most! Sorry for the rant but the website is utterly sub-par. The promo video also looks like it was made on Windows Movie Maker, and I am willing to bet that the song was mashed together in about 5 minutes on FL Studio.

He's the top wicket taker in the Big Bash at the moment! Good for his confidence, but I want to see him bowling in proper cricket - test matches/Ashes in the longer run. I'm not sure whether this helps him in that respect - it's not the real deal.

He's the top wicket taker in the Big Bash at the moment! Good for his confidence, but I want to see him bowling in proper cricket - test matches/Ashes in the longer run. I'm not sure whether this helps him in that respect - it's not the real deal.
The domestic players in Australia seem to be poor at playing wrist spinners for some reason.

From - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...s-England-can-become-the-No1-Test-nation.html
I'm liking this writers ideas...

Develop Adil Rashid by giving him game time

Moeen Ali is an underrated off-spinner who gets the wickets of very good players. However, his bowling abilities have a ceiling and the leggie Rashid has more attacking upside. It might be worth rotating the two where possible to give Rashid experience with a view to the longer-term. Ali’s batting in Tests has been patchy at best of late and there is no reason why Adil could not match Moeen’s Test average of 26.60 coming in at number eight. At the very least, England should work on Rashid so that they would be confident in having him as a twin spinner if the conditions dictate.

rashid3_3552235b.jpg
Adil Rashid needs to be developed

Back