AFL

Re: AFL

If tanking is the worst thing that can happen to the game, then shouldn't it be a good thing. At least it isn't as corrupt as cricket and other sports. And is tanking really that bad? I mean honestly, it hardly ruins the integrity of the game.

I went to the game today, had great seats, and I was sitting right where Lucas kicked GOAL OF THE YEAR! That was bloody **************!

Yeah, but you lost.

Geelong on the other hand, too good for the Doggies. Even with Lingy and Gazza out, we still flogged a full strength Bulldogs by 10 goals. Just need to beat Hawthorn then we have a smooth run ahead.

I doubt you'd win if your best midfielder, most experienced defender, best tagger, best small forward/midfielder, second best small forward one of your best half backs, 2 young gunish tall forwards, best outside mid, good young inside mid, your first round pick from last year, your second round pick from last year and your 3rd round pick from last year were all out injured PLUS one of your runners got injured in the first 10 minutes of the game (ours did).

For Geelong that would be like Ablett, Scarlett, Ling, Chapman, Steve Johnson, Milburn, Tom Lonergan, Gamble, Corey, Prismall, Harry Taylor - but better, Dawson Simpson - but better and Scott Simpson - but better.

Yeah i know mate i doubt crows would win at all. And yeah it was a good effort and comeback from being 30 points down at half time or whatever it was with a team that has so many of their 1st choice players injured

Should be better than the last time, i was at it and it was low scoring and some crap umpiring decisions( to both teams, not just saying that cos i go for crows:D)

I know! I was sitting right in front of him!

Added 6 minute(s) and 59 second(s) later...

SAINTS WON. THERE GOES OUR CASH! Argh.

Jonesy;27916 said:
I doubt you'd win if your best midfielder, most experienced defender, best tagger, best small forward/midfielder, second best small forward one of your best half backs, 2 young gunish tall forwards, best outside mid, good young inside mid, your first round pick from last year, your second round pick from last year and your 3rd round pick from last year were all out injured PLUS one of your runners got injured in the first 10 minutes of the game (ours did).

Dude stop using that bloody excuse. It is getting old. On the scoire card it doesn't say "they lost by four points, but oh, they had a few players out so lets not hold that against them". It says "Richmond wins by four points", full stop.

Oh and since Gamble and Prismall barely get a game, they hardly count

I think 1 person on the bench with 2 of your best player already out does make a difference.

I was using Gamble and Prismall as an example. Hislop = Prismall atm, they both don't get regular games.

Ok, Ok, you make a very fair point. But with the extent of injuries you guys have had, surely something in the back rooms isn't functioning well. I wouldn't know, as I know crap all about Essendon, but that many injuries and the extent of them, maybe something isn't right. Hey and having all these injuries may be a blessing in diguise, gives a lot of your young fellas a trundle where they wouldn't usually get one

Mmm I dunno. Fletcher has been playing on a broken rib and hand for awhile, McVeigh's was just an overuse/reoccurred injury, Welsh got concussed, Monfries just twisted his ankle Yablett style, so did Neagle, Gumby is always injury prone - was injured in a match. But I don't know what goes on behind the scenes either but it isn't un common for young players to get injured because they are playing at a much higher level of intensity then before.

Lol yeh, Atkinson and Dyson are getting games they don't deserve.

Man, I just read that the injury list for the Bombers is 18 people. That is so unlucky, I wonder why so many. Maybe its just bad luck?

Anyway, a question. Who do you guys think is the most overrated AFL player in the system?

L. Franklin. Lol nah, just can't kick, and he'll never be a superstar if he doesn't kick straight.

Sandilands is over-rated, but probably not the most.

I can't really think on the spot. You?

Back