Agsv

Re: Agsv

boys who do uses think will be the players to look out for next season considering this one is over now and the teams

Re: Agsv Cricket

shot toddy shot;215173 said:
next year the ivanhoe boys will have a season to remember
finished 3rd this year despite very bad luck
2009 will be the year of the hoe - the likes of birch, moio, gualano (and hopefully myself and baxter) to run rampant on the south ground
its our time boys[/QU

ahahah u fellas r funny if ur so good how did u lose to us lonely old mentone boys, we thrashed u mate and and shot toddy shot wat hav u done this yr if ur so good and think ur gonna dominate nxt season y haven't u been able 2 back it up this season by scoring runs i haven't heard or seen ur name been going around anywhere

mate i clearly never said that i think i will dominate next year.. what i said was i 'hope to'. who the hell wouldnt hope to? u? well if thats the case u shouldnt be playing first XI cricket. and as for next season ivanhoe will be a threat..thats all ill say
and comon mate id like to see u mentonians bat first on that deck that u prepared for us this year

shot toddy shot;215498 said:
mate i clearly never said that i think i will dominate next year.. what i said was i 'hope to'. who the hell wouldnt hope to? u? well if thats the case u shouldnt be playing first XI cricket. and as for next season ivanhoe will be a threat..thats all ill say
and comon mate id like to see u mentonians bat first on that deck that u prepared for us this year

haha yeah that was a shocking deck lol, the game was won over the coin toss,
although we had a shocker that day haha
still ivanhoe will be strong next season no doubt, but as always 1st XI can be unpredictable in the ags

fellas fellas
i think you all need to start giving ack credit for going through the season undefeated.
we missed out no. 1 bowler who would have been the best in the comp. due to a shoulder injury and still destroyed most of our opposition.
also i remember that ivanhoe was 1/130 against us and we bowled them out for 200....bit of a collapse

Who will be the best teams in the AGSV next season?

just want to hear people's thoughts on who will be the teams to beat in the AGSV next year.

just letting you know boys that 6 or 7 of ACKs premiership side will be returning for the coming year.

cheers

Next season will be an intersting season of agsv cricket, for the very good reason there a very few good players playing. Maybe 4 outstanding players thats it.

yarra not much is known will stuggle, not the same unit as they were 3 years ago.
pegs might be alright few young kids coming through the system but young kids can struggle with pressure
mentone, big players gone, might be okay, always solid
trinity might struggle a bit good year 10 coming up lots of runs need by him
camberwell, no good!
ACK, will be a strong side, but the batsman are gone only evans who is tough little player and Wright who is a good allround player will need to be doing a lot of bowling though.
Peninsula,loss of a few good players, but look okay, good opening bowler who will need to bowl overs, was very good against the APS in March.
Ivanhoe, The bowling team I would think but does have some very good young batting talent, built up over the last 2 seasons, very handy players including couple of premier players. Birch, Moio, Gualano and young baxter to star.
marcellin college, Tim Linlcon Will need to do everything, good young spinner down for the next season to

some very good points there the judd.
ivanhoe do look strong, and at this point they would be contenders along with assumption.
trinity may not be as much of a threat with the loss of their star player but will still be solid.

i dont know why everyone is talking up ivanhoe so much.....

who will be the captains and key players in 08/09?
YV-
MARC-
TRIN-
IVAN-
Penin-
Ment-
ACK-
Camb-
Pegs-

ivanhoe will be solid next year due to a good group of year 12's.
i am not sure about the captains.
but i am thinking lincon for marcellin and possibly guallano for ivanhoe
not 2 sure about the others

some key players could be:

trinity: nitsopoulos
Marcelin: lincon
ivanhoe: gualano
assumption: evans

but a lot of key players have left suh as sheehan, brown, chilcott and brohier
but the loss of bortolloto and tanis-hall could leave marcellin in a bit of trouble

should be a good season coming up..
not as strong as last year however always surprises.
stronger teams may be assumption and ivanhoe..
trinity the dark horse..
like to now your thoughts fellas so please...
post away!! :)

evans and wright for assumption will have to play well for assumption to do well pegs have a lot of young blokes and will probably struggle as will marcellin who have lost a lot of key players

Assumption lost a few stars such as sheahan and further all rounders and keepers.. however that good depth that they dominated with last season never being bowled out should stick around.. kno of a few ivanhoe boys that are good players.. but many are yet to prove themselves against tough oppostion. pegs to b very very strong in two - three yrs time through taking the risk of playing a few yr 8 and 7 boys last season... also ack's great coach ray carroll is coming off an undeafeated cricket season, agsv footy title and the renowned hearld sun shield... look out

nelsonpe;232745 said:
Assumption lost a few stars such as sheahan and further all rounders and keepers.. however that good depth that they dominated with last season never being bowled out should stick around.. kno of a few ivanhoe boys that are good players.. but many are yet to prove themselves against tough oppostion. pegs to b very very strong in two - three yrs time through taking the risk of playing a few yr 8 and 7 boys last season... also ack's great coach ray carroll is coming off an undeafeated cricket season, agsv footy title and the renowned hearld sun shield... look out

ack will be up there with the two few again this year, ivanhoe will be ok but with many blokes yet to prove themselves and pegs and marc will both probably have very young sides

Who do teams play in practice matches before the start off the Season??

i know:
ACK V Caulfield at Caulfield Oct 11th
ACK V Melbourne High at ACK Oct 12th

any others?

Back