Ajmal Reported

He's already been cleared once, surely that should be evidence enough.

He'll be cleared this time, and yet there will still be morons around who claim to know better. I guess one thing there will never be a shortage of in this world is arrogant idiots.

Its disgraceful how some bowlers can be hounded their entire careers. It should be like the review system; if a match official reports someone incorrectly, they should lose the right to report anyone again.

I can't wait for all these match-fixing allegations to blow over and all the 'chucking' allegations to end.

The cricket world needs it's superstars..

Yeah just roll in during the assessment at 3 quarter pace to pass and then bowl however the hell they like during the actual Test match.

Ajmal is the fifth bowler reported in the last 10 months, all of them off spinners. Funnily enough the last three have all been reported after English umpire Ian Gould stood in the test matches they played in.

I recall reading an article not long ago that said the ICC believed there were a number of current players playing who they believed had suspect actions. I guess we'll find out soon enough whether that is the case or not.

Dont worry he will be bowling in the world cup because he has a natural bend in his arm.... And he will get a médical report for it.

This was a bit of a shock I must admit! I knew he would be banned from at least bowling the doosera but I didn't expect him to be banned altogether.

ICC getting ballsy..

Dont worry he will be bowling in the world cup because he has a natural bend in his arm.... And he will get a médical report for it.
All his variations failed the test, he'll need more than a note from his doctor to get off this one.

He has probably got into bad habits due to having to prop up the Pak attack every game.

If it's over 15 degrees then Ajmal deserves to be banned. Obviously with the decision he needs to go away and do some work on his action in order to get it up to scratch.

No he still has the same action. He will be bowling on the 2015 world cup
That he has the same action now does not mean the physical stress of bowling a lot has not affected the elbow flex in his delivery. If he was always over the 15 degrees he would've been picked up earlier. If he gets cleared it is because he has done work to get things right again.

The good news is that the PCB have asked Saqlain to help him, Saqlain was legit and bowled the doosra very well so he's the ideal man to help out.

Hmm tricky subject, a part of me errs on the side of the purist, but I'm fully aware that all these kind of situation have occurred before with people throwing their arms up in the air in disgust along with much gnashing of teeth. The transition from under-arm to side arm, then from there to over arm, then the Googly and I'm sure there's been issues with other changes in the game, different formats of the game for one? Bob Woolmer in his book 'The Art and Science of cricket' predicts shorter strips and shorter boundaries as we become increasingly more sedentary in our ways, needless to say crickets got a future of full of changes and tweaks. So I reckon I'll just sit on the fence and see what happens...

Hmm tricky subject, a part of me errs on the side of the purist, but I'm fully aware that all these kind of situation have occurred before with people throwing their arms up in the air in disgust along with much gnashing of teeth. The transition from under-arm to side arm, then from there to over arm, then the Googly and I'm sure there's been issues with other changes in the game, different formats of the game for one? Bob Woolmer in his book 'The Art and Science of cricket' predicts shorter strips and shorter boundaries as we become increasingly more sedentary in our ways, needless to say crickets got a future of full of changes and tweaks. So I reckon I'll just sit on the fence and see what happens...
I reckon the change that will happen in the future is a cheap standardised artificial pitch for all cricket. It will come about because of a need in T20 for consistency but it will slowly happen to the longer formats.

Appreciate that this would have dire affects for footmarks and such like but human laziness, a need for a 'level playing field' (whatever that means) plus a way to easily get the game into any stadium will see it happen.

Back