All time 11 from each test playing country

Re: All time 11 from each test playing country

@Sober Symonds
Mate good work on all the teams however I thought I would give some South African help for the Eleven as you missed some players.

Eddie Barlow should get an honorable mention as an all rounder .. might even be picked over Peter Kirsten.
The Pollocks are they Graeme and Peter and no Shaun right?

I also disagree whole heartedly on Boucher - Ray Jennings is the best keeper that we have had and I would in a heart beat pick him over Boucher.

I must admit that West Indies side looks awfully potent - image a series between them and the Baggy Greens from the 90's.. I would pay to watch that..

Also at Sober Symonds. I'd have Richie Richardson ahead of Chanderpaul by miles. Apart from that good effort.

It's a bit hard to pick for other countries. Would need at least one person with a good knowledge of history for each team.

Good to hear from you both again. I drift in & out of a limited number of forums and hadn't seen anything from either of you for a while. I enjoy the debate.

hattrick;380216 said:
@Sober Symonds
Mate good work on all the teams however I thought I would give some South African help for the Eleven as you missed some players.

Eddie Barlow should get an honorable mention as an all rounder .. might even be picked over Peter Kirsten.
The Pollocks are they Graeme and Peter and no Shaun right?

I also disagree whole heartedly on Boucher - Ray Jennings is the best keeper that we have had and I would in a heart beat pick him over Boucher.

I must admit that West Indies side looks awfully potent - image a series between them and the Baggy Greens from the 90's.. I would pay to watch that..

I had the bespectacled Barlow in my original side, knowing what a tremendous cricketer he was. I never really saw him but he was still around during WSC days so he was in the mix for sure. No probs putting him in. I thought I would upset more Protea fans by excluding either G Kirsten or Smith due to their impact in recent times. From my undertanding, Peter Kirsten was the main man for the main period leading up to your reintroduction to Test cricket, so I didn't want to leave him out.

Unlucky also is another great all-rounder Clive Rice.

Buddy23#;380239 said:
Also at Sober Symonds. I'd have Richie Richardson ahead of Chanderpaul by miles. Apart from that good effort.

Yep, thought of him also. Had Richie in the side initially but when I looked at Shiv's figures I was swayed. He has played in a much more difficult era, in the shadow of The Prince, with his team going through an ordinary time as opposed to the period of invincibility when Richie came in. (RR by the way was not a particularly good player of spin, as I recall) Still, happy to be overruled by those who've seen enough of either.

Back